• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elden Ring 2 seemingly confirmed in new interview with Miyazaki

Draugoth

Gold Member
200.gif

It now seems that Elden Ring 2 may have been confirmed following an interview with the original game's director, Hidetaka Miyazaki. As shared in a Reddit post by user AnchovyKing, Miyazaki said in a newly released ‘Elden Ring Future Press Guide’ that some of the Elden Ring lore has been ‘saved for future games’.

Of course, this is by no means official confirmation that Elden Ring 2 is on the way, though its high critical and commercial success should pretty much guarantee that. Yet, it’s also worth keeping in mind that saving Elden Ring lore for “future games” wouldn't make much sense to be included in its other properties, though some have theorised that FromSoftware titles may be connected in some way.

Source

Last edited:
Elden Ring is the Dark Souls of this generation. Meaning that it's the one that will get actual sequels and is going to be a full established franchise.

Bloodbonre and Sekiro were more experimental 1 time try outs.

If the rumor of their next game is true, then it's going to be Spellbound which will be the experimental one of this generation. And after that most likely Elden Ring 2.

Super stoked. Bring it.

Last edited:

skneogaf

I'd prefer bloodborne 2, dark souls 4 or even demon's souls 2 before elden ring 2 but I'd happily love it too.

Fbh

After how much it sold the real news would have been if they announced that it wasn't getting a sequel.

Most games have reprinted enemies and bosses, even games that are not open world. Compare to any other game Elden Ring has crazy amount of enemy and boss variety.

Yeah I never understood that complain about Elden Ring.
It reuses some bosses, sure.... but it still has better enemy and boss variety than the vast majority of open world games (or RPG's to be honest).
Some of the optional bosses are better than any main boss in 99% of open world games.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Yeah I never understood that complain about Elden Ring.
It reuses some bosses, sure.... but it still has better enemy and boss variety than the vast majority of open world games (or RPG's to be honest).
Some of the optional bosses are better than any main boss in 99% of open world games.
Exactly, just look at God of War 2018, that game is barely open world and had pathetic amount of enemy variety.

Even God of War Ragnarök cant match enemy variety compare to Elden Ring.

Last edited:
Then has more to do with your taste rather than being their "worst game".
Disagree - it wasn't as true of a souls game as others in terms of mechanics. No mutliplayer, sense of exploration is much worse and the environments are boring as hell. It's good as an action game because of its combat but that's it.

I did enjoy some of the fights though like the Guardian Ape.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Disagree - it wasn't as true of a souls game as others in terms of mechanics. No mutliplayer, sense of exploration is much worse and the environments are boring as hell. It's good as an action game because of its combat but that's it.
Because it wasn't trying to be "Souls" game, Sekiro is FROM's take on action game.
sense of exploration is much worse and the environments are boring as hell.
Are you fucking kidding me!? Again this has more to do with YOU not liking old Japanese era games.

Mr Hyde

Elden Ring was cool the first and second time then it just got boring and cumbersome. The game was just way too big with too much recycled content which hurt the replayability and build quality. I fire up Demon's, DS-trilogy and Bloodborne still to this day. Elden Ring not so much.

Because it wasn't trying to be "Souls" game, Sekiro is FROM's take on action game.

Are you fucking kidding me!? Again this has more to do with YOU not liking old Japanese era games.
The only Jaoanese like game I really liked was the old school Onimusha titles. There was something different about them. God I want a new onimusha.

I also love the final fantasy series, but they are not really the traditional Japanese in terms of asthetics. I have to play FF16, no time :(

Top Bottom