• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport |OT| Step on the GaaS

LostDonkey

Thanks for sharing the pic, honestly I can't really tell any from it but I hope if a future patch addresses it for you.

I hope so too. It's almost as if the structure/texture of the track is breaking up in places, sometimes lines like the pic and sometimes spots flashing up almost like what I can only describe as static.

Some things I like about this game: #1 we don't have to start EVERY race in last place and play a game of catch up. Gt7 its immersion killing because you see the SAME PATTERN of cars along the track while you try to catch them: 3 cars in the lead, a big gap, then the rest of the pack .. every race.

#2- practice laps before races. Again it's so strange this isn't in GT7

#3 More types of raves

Things I don't like: #1 There's NO content in this game. Making us wait to play the second series of race is rediculous! Screw you GaaS and Online only bullshit Turn 10! We only can play 2-3 hours of Career mode then we have to wait 5 days ..what kind of BS is that?

#2 replay mode isn't very good

#3 the rushed nature of the game. This game needed 6 months more at least.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Wait. What? You can only play a bit of the game? So it’s effectively a demo?

Did they advertise that your not getting the full experience?

If not surely that’s breaching advertising rules?

clarky

Gold Member
No no. Yu misunderstood my post.
The Wojak mask is implying that I am actually NOT enjoying the game.

The game is broken on PC. Has crashed 9 times on me in 7 hours of play and mostly happened when completing races.

It's BAD! That's why I'm crying behind the mask. lol

No crashes here touch wood. Wonder if theyll have a day one patch?

Back to Starfield for me in the mean time.

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
Forza games by Turn10 are notorious for launching in a shit state on PC. At least they are consistent.

But Your right, not ideal but the promise is there. I fear though that a big chunk of the player base will have bailed by the time they sort out their shit, just like every other GAAS shitty launch.

Glad your having fun, and there is fun to be had for sure, but a good release this is not, by any standards.
Never played it on PC, had 3 crashes and 3 graphic glitches but seems worse on PC.

Three

Just saw this thread on the Forza forums, apparently Spa is incorrectly modelled, but more to the point, it looks graphically basic.

Turn 10 have never been good at modelling Spa. Not sure why that is but most won't care regardless. Before the chalet was wrong along with the tire wall. Now they kind of fix it by adjusting the windows (but not the balcony) and fixing the tyre wall but in this installment turns are missing track runoffs and the chalet should be a grandstand. Not sure what's up with Spa and Turn 10 but it's a bad look when it's continously wrong.

Outlier

No crashes here touch wood. Wonder if theyll have a day one patch?

Back to Starfield for me in the mean time.
Hmm. I'm going to try uninstalling, then reinstalling after it officially releases to see if it helps.

I've other games to enjoy, so this one can wait.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Things I don't like: #1 There's NO content in this game. Making us wait to play the second series of race is rediculous! Screw you GaaS and Online only bullshit Turn 10! We only can play 2-3 hours of Career mode then we have to wait 5 days ..what kind of BS is that?

what ?

nemiroff

Gold Member
Phil gave them six fucking years.

Look Im all for blaming Phil for everything, but he delayed Halo, Starfield, Redfall and Forza all by a full year. At some point, the devs have to take responsibility. what the fuck were they doing for six years? ok, so you rebuilt all 20 tracks from scratch. so thats 3.5 tracks per year? what? surely they can be more productive than that.

We need to start holding devs more accountable instead of blaming unlikeable execs and greedy publishers like EA. EA actually delayed Dead Space, Star Wars, Immortals, and didnt force cross gen on any of their developers. Even NFS was allowed to be next gen only. They reduced the work needed for devs, they allowed them to hit a higher fidelity, AND they delayed the games out of holiday season and fiscal year deadlines. And the devs still produced some of the worst optimized, most unpolished titles ever released. Sorry, im not blaming the EA CEO for this.

Phil didn't give them shit, that's the point. Xbox has been very open about the completely hands-off approach for their studios.

But clearly from recent events at least some of them could benefit from some kind of oversight to stop the shitshow releases with half baked games when they are some of the biggest powerhouses in the industry.

F.ex., why the fuck have they let 343 roam free for a decade to destroy Halo, it doesn't make any fucking sense.

Last edited:

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
I don't like the new upgrade system, its soo badly put together. It makes zero sense that i have to level up the same car twice if i want 2 different level cars.

Also the visuals in the upgrade menu system is so dry, stupid one tone grey background with low rez reflections. Like how could you not even have full res reflections in a empty studio with nothing to render other than the car. And thats on pc maxed out, which should tell you enough about the care they give to the pc version.

Also coming from FH5 and GT7, the photomode is soo basic. Its like shit you would expect from a game that came out in 2010.

The base of the game is actually really good, the driving, the physics, the sounds and the graphics are top notch (even if they where downgraded). But there are soo many things that are anoying. The thing i named that i liked are the reason that i will keep playing because its really good. But they need to fix most of the other shit asap.

clarky

Gold Member
Wait. What? You can only play a bit of the game? So it’s effectively a demo?

Did they advertise that your not getting the full experience?

If not surely that’s breaching advertising rules?
No not sure where that other poster is coming from, as lacking as the single player is it all there. There are also weekly series to race in.

The liveries on PC look like 480p renders. They are so fucking blocky. The other thing I noticed is that when racing, it's almost like there's a depth-of-field filter enabled the blurs the cars progressivly.

Last edited:

MastAndo

I'm digging the game so far, but performance on PC with a 2080 Super and i7-12700 is an absolute travesty. I tried a bunch of settings at 1440p w/DLSS and the framerate was all over the place. Even worse, the image quality is dog doodoo. It just looks soft, yet somehow jaggy....really odd. I couldn't be bothered to mess around with it any longer, so I switched back to XSX where things overall look pretty great. I know it's a source of heated debate, but I think it's a toss up between this and GT7 visually. Neither holds a candle to Horizon though, there's some voodoo going on there to make it look and run so well.

...but that aside - as a filthy casual, I'm having a lot of fun after a few hours. Admittedly, it's hard to go back to playing any (sim) racer the regular way after experiencing GT7 in VR, but I'm enjoying it. The cars feel nice and weighty and control well (on controller). The visuals on XSX, audio and presentation are all done well, and I'm not hating the progression system either (as of yet). The menus and general navigation do seem little clunky, like having to exit out of career mode to the main menu to paint your car, but that's not a major issue.

One odd thing - I bought a 2018 Porsche 718 Cayman in factory gray (slate) that should be shiny, but during races it looks more like a matte finish - almost like when I park my car under a tree for a few days and it's got a layer of soot on it that dulls reflections. Weird.

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
KBRChyM.jpg

Whahaha what fucking loser buys the base game???

It has 1 dot only whahahahaha 🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:

Jorav

Just realised there’s only 30 SP events in the whole game so far. FM4 had soo many, why go away from this? I’ve always played Forza series SP, so disappointing it’s barebones. A AI can generate events nowadays. Still can’t shake the upgrade bug which resets everything. At least I’m leveling up my car I guess

clarky

Gold Member
God dam it. When this works fuck me its brilliant.

Sort your shit out Turn10 please and bring the rest of the game up to par with the online racing........

Edit: Why the fuck am I suddenly level 274???? Jesus this game..............................

Last edited:

Fredrik

I had a feeling before release that this could happen.., especially since they started their announcements clearly saying this is a gaas title. And when they started announcing features missing at launch I kinda knew where this was headed.

Ironically, they didn't mess up Forza Motorsport - because it's simply not finished yet.. What stinks here is arrogant leadership rushing the title. This is where Phil should step in and demand MVP to ensure brand integrity.

I bet this time next year the game will be 2.0 great (of course hopefully basic features will be shipped way before that) - As long as people p(l)ay it.
For me it’s not any GaaS issue, it’s the campaign progression. It really makes no sense. Apparently you have to level up your skill on each car and start over from scratch if you buy another one.

From the Forza fan I quoted on Twitter:
If I wanted to apply a Widebody kit to every car that has one it would take me 250+ Hours of racing.
In other words, that would be 3675 Laps of the longest race in the game!!!
The upgrade system HAS TO BE CHANGED!!

2: If you spend 3-4 hours reaching lvl 50 in 1 car but you want to buy the same car again (Let's say you want to build a drift car this time) you have to start from scratch again at lvl 0.

We’ve seen games turning into work before but this seems like a new low.

If they want to make a Car RPG, why not make the skill progression stay on the driver/player? Make it so the more activities you do the more your skills go up. Bethesda-style. I mean they even have Bethesda in-house now! How about asking them for some RPG advices??

Going back to level 0 because you swap cars is like having to level up your sword skills from the beginning in Skyrim when you change sword.

I don’t mind staying in a game I like and keep playing. Just make it make sense.

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful
Reactions: GHG

nikos

Has anybody tested not qualifying in Featured Multiplayer and working their way up the pack to see how it affects rank? I just got about 250 points for going from P8 qualifying to P3 race finish. I don't know how it works yet but I have a feeling gaining positions nets you a lot of points and vice versa.

Currently ranked 4712, which is crazy to me if 5000 is the highest. I don't think I should be up here and I'm sure that will change once the demons start getting on. I would assume the more hardcore players bought into early access though, so who knows?

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
God dam it. When this works fuck me its brilliant.

Sort your shit out Turn10 please and bring the rest of the game up to par with the online racing........

Edit: Why the fuck am I suddenly level 274???? Jesus this game..............................
I unlocked 2 upgrades for a Mazda even though I was driving a Porsche. 😂

Elysium44

Banned
I don't recall seeing anything like this on any of the number of video that have been shared in all the topics, or the DF coverage.

Do you have a picture or a video capture of this? Hopefully your console GPU is not on the fritz.

Someone else referred to it here (it sounds like the same thing anyway).

schuey7

I lost progress in race wins twice due to bugs resulting in hanging of the game on my Series X . I'm going back to playing Starfield till I wait for patches to improve the situation.
What a wild situation when a Bethesda game has been bug free for me.

Last edited:

schuey7

Stupid me thought I’d give the game another chance, “Applying updates please wait” forever. Lost all progress in the series again.
Same thing happened so now its time to wait for patches. Really disappointed because otherwise I'm loving the game.

cormack12

Gold Member
These bugs are kinda disappointing to see. Im just hoping I dont encounter too many of the in game ones. Replay ones are funny. Do playground and Turn10 share devs?

Senua

Gold Member
I'm probably only 4 or 5 hours in but so far their goal of fall in love with a car instead of jumping around into new cars is absolute shite because every new event serties you're forced to change car, just like the Cafe system in GT7. There's no RWD event, then a N/A or Turvo event, like old GTs and old Forzas. Their direction just seems so half baked with their whole "build up your car!!" only to be made to change into a brand new one the next event and start again. Maybe they'll be more crossover later on in the game.

Yes I'm an old fart but I yearn for a classic Gran Turismo mode game because IT WORKS, it was the standard for a reason and everyone ripped it off. THAT was how you fell in love with a car as you used the same one over and over as you modified it up, because you were fucking allowed to

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Phil gave them six fucking years.
at this point I feel like these games aren't really being developed for as long as you guys think they are. I mean they weren't just working on a brand new game as soon as FM7 popped out. They had to support that with DLC and bring THAT out of the rut it was in at launch as well.

That being said it's utterly dumb how these guys would look at GT7, see the disaster that was in, and then instead of trying to one up them in a moment of weakness, drop the damn ball and end up looking worse in comparison to Gran Turismo.

The Singleplayer is really what gets me, the lack of events at launch means i'll be waiting until a sale months after the fact. It'd probably be a good purchase in 2024.

Not much of an issue anyways, October is packed with game releases. I'll simply wait for more good shit to eat

Last edited:

Nitty_Grimes

At this moment in time early-access-gaf, does this need another 3 months or another 6 months in the oven?

Or are we just waiting for the obligatory 'we hear you' post and how over the next year they will fix it - which basically means if they had another year this would be the game you would have gotten anyway?

Senua

Gold Member
At this moment in time early-access-gaf, does this need another 3 months or another 6 months in the oven?

Or are we just waiting for the obligatory 'we hear you' post and how over the next year they will fix it - which basically means if they had another year this would be the game you would have gotten anyway?
How much more dev time did these boys need!? I refuse to believe they've worked on this for 5+ years

Nitty_Grimes

But this is the problem when you have a subscription service model and supposedly no 'big hitters' to put on your service.

This is also a problem when people are spending hundreds of pounds / dollars in advance for something that doesn't exist yet but people won't stop pre-ordering digital games.

So you have to put something out in a mess and then do your usual 'we hear you' crap and promise to fix it or give you free in-game cars / credits fort the next 6 months to make up for a shit launch of a game that isn't ready but had to be released.

Last edited:

LostDonkey

It definitely need some more time in the oven. Some of these bugs are insane. How did they not catch that replay bug with the flying cars?

GHG

I'm probably only 4 or 5 hours in but so far their goal of fall in love with a car instead of jumping around into new cars is absolute shite because every new event serties you're forced to change car, just like the Cafe system in GT7. There's no RWD event, then a N/A or Turvo event, like old GTs and old Forzas. Their direction just seems so half baked with their whole "build up your car!!" only to be made to change into a brand new one the next event and start again. Maybe they'll be more crossover later on in the game.

Yes I'm an old fart but I yearn for a classic Gran Turismo mode game because IT WORKS, it was the standard for a reason and everyone ripped it off. THAT was how you fell in love with a car as you used the same one over and over as you modified it up, because you were fucking allowed to

I really don't understand why somebody doesn't just rip off the system that existed in GT2/3/4 and wholesale transplant it into a modern game.

What are they afraid of?

I've read there are no endurance races in the career mode in this? That makes no fucking sense considering they now have fully dynamic TOD and weather systems along with a full suite of tire compounds.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
I really don't understand why somebody doesn't just rip off the system that existed in GT2/3/4 and wholesale transplant it into a modern game.

What are they afraid of?

I've read there are no endurance races in the career mode in this? That makes no fucking sense considering they now have fully dynamic TOD and weather systems along with a full suite of tire compounds.
I feel like it's because only GT can do that without major backlash, and Kaz is more interested with making us do Cafe tasks.

if anybody else were to do it, people would consider it a Gran Turismo ripoff. Probably wouldn't be as good, either.

Last edited:

Senua

Gold Member
I feel like it's because only GT can do that without major backlash, and Kaz is more interested with making us do Cafe tasks.

if anybody else were to do it, people would consider it a ripoff. Probably wouldn't be as good, either.
Forza Motorsport 1 and 2 were exactly this. They were basically complete GT clones, which was great because the early GT games were incredible. Forza 3 and 4 started to branch out and get their own identity and were still decent and then it all went down hill from there

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Forza Motorsport 1 and 2 were exactly this. They were basically complete GT clones, which was great because the early GT games were incredible. Forza 3 and 4 started to branch out and get their own identity and were still decent and then it all went down hill from there
huh. you think FM3/4 were a downgrade from FM1/2?

LostDonkey

I'm one of the few who loves the upgrade system then.

For duplicate cars just do a few time attack/rivals events, you'll upgrade the car level in no time.

Also going back to the "polygonal seams" issue, Suzuka East is seriously bad for it. Along the start finish straight and round the first corner there are multiple of them flashing up and then one huge one just before the first sector marker, extremely off-putting.

Last edited:
Top Bottom