• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport |OT| Step on the GaaS

The online needs to be tighter than the videos I saw the safety rating should be much much strict , I've seen people taking other drivers to shadow realm and not getting any penalty for it

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
Any immediate settings you would recommend first timers look into?
Set the deadzone to 0 for the stick and triggers in the controller menu. That has a huge impact on how precise the driving feels. You can drive incredibly smooth in this game. Also outside abs all assist off, the cars are not all the time loosing traction like the previous games. You can push the cars pretty hard without drifting all over the place. And change the fov settings for the cockpit view if thats your thing, the standard fov is too low.

What going on with replays on series X?

Just had a great online race, saved the replay so I could watch it back, only all the cars just remain sat on the grid......FOREVER!

BUT- If I hit rewind a bunch of times it's makes the cars all glitch out and start jumping up and down and through the track and you can even get lift off and go to fucking space. LITERALLY SPACE IM NOT EVEN JOKING.

I can make every car in the grid float up all the way as high as you can go until the ground starts glitching a load of black textures lol wtf
Ok you need to upload that, sounds amazing

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Set the deadzone to 0 for the stick and triggers in the controller menu. That has a huge impact on how precise the driving feels. You can drive incredibly smooth in this game. Also outside abs all assist off, the cars are not all the time loosing traction like the previous games. You can push the cars pretty hard without drifting all over the place. And change the fov settings for the cockpit view if thats your thing, the standard fov is too low.

Assuming this still does the thing where you get more credits the less assists you have on?

adamsapple

Gracias.

I have to give them props for planning early releases just before long weekends lol, I didn't have the kind of ferver to want to play this like Starfield so skipped the early access upgrade, but now wishing I did lol.

Reactions: Isa

nemiroff

Gold Member
Just saw this…

This guy is a huge fan of the IP.
How can they mess it up this badly ??
Seems like an insane time sinker.

I had a feeling before release that this could happen.., especially since they started their announcements clearly saying this is a gaas title. And when they started announcing features missing at launch I kinda knew where this was headed.

Ironically, they didn't mess up Forza Motorsport - because it's simply not finished yet.. What stinks here is arrogant leadership rushing the title. This is where Phil should step in and demand MVP to ensure brand integrity.

I bet this time next year the game will be 2.0 great (of course hopefully basic features will be shipped way before that) - As long as people p(l)ay it.

Last edited:

LostDonkey

The game looks amazing but this is pretty bad. They had a lot of time to polish the game up.

There's a lot of the game that I'm not happy with.

It's a fucking good job it actually plays well, the handling is so much better, the online format is so much better but some of the choices regarding graphics, and the bugs in the game are ridiculous.

LostDonkey

The online needs to be tighter than the videos I saw the safety rating should be much much strict , I've seen people taking other drivers to shadow realm and not getting any penalty for it

I've been taken to the shadow realm and received the penalty for it. I've shelved it for now and will wait for a patch.

Senua

Gold Member
I've been playing for quite a few hours now and I am enjoying it for what it is, the single player feels very bare bones but the driving itself is really satisfying, they nailed that part tbh. I do think T10 should've done so, so much more with this supposed reboot (it's not a reboot) but you know what, just having a new Forza Motorsport that plays great on a pad which I can sit back to relax and play, I'm satisfied.

Also if you turn off camera shake effects in the camera setting the cockpit view feels WAY smoother, only issue is it makes the arms really dead and don't shake at speed etc

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I had a feeling before release that this could happen.., especially since they started their announcements clearly saying this is a gaas title. And when they started announcing features missing at launch I kinda knew where this was headed.

Ironically, they didn't mess up Forza Motorsport - because it's simply not finished yet.. What stinks here is arrogant leadership rushing the title. This is where Phil should step in and demand MVP to ensure brand integrity.

I bet this time next year the game will be 2.0 great (of course hopefully basic features will be shipped way before that) - As long as people p(l)ay it.
Phil gave them six fucking years.

Look Im all for blaming Phil for everything, but he delayed Halo, Starfield, Redfall and Forza all by a full year. At some point, the devs have to take responsibility. what the fuck were they doing for six years? ok, so you rebuilt all 20 tracks from scratch. so thats 3.5 tracks per year? what? surely they can be more productive than that.

We need to start holding devs more accountable instead of blaming unlikeable execs and greedy publishers like EA. EA actually delayed Dead Space, Star Wars, Immortals, and didnt force cross gen on any of their developers. Even NFS was allowed to be next gen only. They reduced the work needed for devs, they allowed them to hit a higher fidelity, AND they delayed the games out of holiday season and fiscal year deadlines. And the devs still produced some of the worst optimized, most unpolished titles ever released. Sorry, im not blaming the EA CEO for this.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
I'm enjoying it, but do see why others might not. It certainly isn't blowing me away.

Main gripe: Why does my Subaru BRZ sound like a V10 supercharged monster car?!

• LOL
Reactions: Isa

MastAndo

Debating paying the $32 for early access on this, being that I've got a free weekend. I'm not a huge car sim guy, but I really enjoyed GT7 (even before VR) and the progression/menu system/obtaining new cars there. Is this just as satisfying? I never played a Forza Motorsport before, and it being time consuming to max level a car isn't all big of a deal to me, so I don't anticipate being ultra-critical of it. Hmm, decisions, decisions.

LostDonkey

Can you elaborate on this a bit. There's options for inside and outside deadzone and one of them only goes as low as 20.

There's quite a few settings for the controller.

Turk1993

Can you elaborate on this a bit. There's options for inside and outside deadzone and one of them only goes as low as 20.

There's quite a few settings for the controller.
I will post a screenshot of my settings when im home. There are too many things too remember them correctly out of my head.

Ye i got pitted basically during a tight race and the guy got 3 sec penalty. I think I lost 10 sec or more...

Also this early access is bullshit, the game can already be pirated AND played online on official servers. Time to release it for all and give us our money back.

Last edited:

LostDonkey

Yeah I'm done. I thought I'd give it one last chance, played rivals mode for a while, dialled in some pretty sick fucking laps round maple valley in the corvette. Checked the leaderboards and I'm no slouch on racing games, but I'm 8 (EIGHT) seconds off the top time and this motherfucker is using automatic gears, traction control, stability control etc.

So I watched the replay. Fucking hell. This guy goes around the track so fucking slowly, even braking 20 yards before the finish line for about 20 seconds.

Something is seriously wrong here. This game is fucked.

I'm out. £90. NINETY FUCKING POUNDS.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Debating paying the $32 for early access on this, being that I've got a free weekend. I'm not a huge car sim guy, but I really enjoyed GT7 (even before VR) and the progression/menu system/obtaining new cars there. Is this just as satisfying? I never played a Forza Motorsport before, and it being time consuming to max level a car isn't all big of a deal to me, so I don't anticipate being ultra-critical of it. Hmm, decisions, decisions.
For $32 its worth it getting all the DLC as well

If someone was debating the $100 price tag I would say no

Turk1993

I love the addition of ambilights on some cars.
Forza-Motorsport-7-10-2023-4-43-21.png

Forza-Motorsport-7-10-2023-4-41-52.png

LostDonkey

Remember the old PS1 games, mainly Gran Turismo and Ridge Racer where as you're racing round, the road texture had those little white flashes in it. Some kind of artifact of the rendering technique I suppose?

Yeah, this game does it as well. Do the rivals event in the Corvette around Maple Valley on hood cam and tell me you don't see it.

Jesus Christ what have they been doing all these years.

Remember the old PS1 games, mainly Gran Turismo and Ridge Racer where as you're racing round, the road texture had those little white flashes in it. Some kind of artifact of the rendering technique I suppose?

Yeah, this game does it as well. Do the rivals event in the Corvette around Maple Valley on hood cam and tell me you don't see it.

Yes they're using the same graphical technology from 1990's, well spotted Einstein, maybe you should contact Leadbetter to get you on Digital Foundry? 🙄

LostDonkey

Yes they're using the same graphical technology from 1990's, well spotted Einstein, maybe you should contact Leadbetter to get you on Digital Foundry? 🙄

That's not what I'm suggesting.

I'm just stating the similarity between the artifacts in the road texture not that they're using the same technique ffs.

Wtf

Last edited:

Turk1993

I'm just stating the similarity between the artifacts in the road texture not that they're using the same technique ffs.

Wtf
You have any pictures? Also are you on pc, do you use FSR or DLSS. Its weird, i didn't see any of those in my playtrough. I had other bugs and lag, but not that one.

LostDonkey

You have any pictures? Also are you on pc, do you use FSR or DLSS. Its weird, i didn't see any of those in my playtrough. I had other bugs and lag, but not that one.

On Series X. After the start finish line when you go round the first right hander follow the painted lines on the track on the right hand side, it does it again as you start going up the hill and a few more corners and places on the track. Very strange.

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member

Wtf
I know what you are talking about, get the same.

I also get the whole tarmac textures disappearing in races sometimes, also multiple car models overlapping each other when in the pits waiting for online races to start & whole chunks of car geometry missing on the in car view on some cars. Seriously I could go on and on.

When it does work its a great ride, but that's at least 1 or 2 big patches away imo. Shame as I was quite happy at first glance but the more you play you realise this game is nowhere near ready for release.

Good job i've got shit loads of other games to play or i'd be pissed.

LostDonkey

I know what you are talking about, get the same.

I also get the whole tarmac textures disappearing in races sometimes, also multiple car models overlapping each other when in the pits waiting for online races to start & whole chunks of car geometry missing on the in car view on some cars. Seriously I could go on and on.

When it does work its a great ride, but that's at least 1 or 2 big patches away imo. Shame as I was quite happy at first glance but the more you play you realise this game is nowhere near ready for release.

Good job i've got shit loads of other games to play or i'd be pissed.

Glad it's not just me.

I can replicate it on maple valley, the first right turn where there is a green and white patterned curb on the inside right, just before the metal barrier ends, if you count back about 4 or 5 tiles of the green and white you can see it straight across the road.

Ive taken a photomode screen shot of it but not sure how to get it on here from Xbox?

sinnergy

On Series X. After the start finish line when you go round the first right hander follow the painted lines on the track on the right hand side, it does it again as you start going up the hill and a few more corners and places on the track. Very strange.
Could be polygonal seams, they can show up white . If that is the case , sloppy modeling is my guess. I can imagine you see them worse in night races.

clarky

Gold Member
Glad it's not just me.

I can replicate it on maple valley, the first right turn where there is a green and white patterned curb on the inside right, just before the metal barrier ends, if you count back about 4 or 5 tiles of the green and white you can see it straight across the road.

Ive taken a photomode screen shot of it but not sure how to get it on here from Xbox?
I'm on PC mate so can't help you. That effect happens on multiple tracks though in my experience.

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
Game certainly has a few bugs and needed another month or two in the oven. Forza games normally release impeccable and this one has not but the one positive for me is this one looks and handles a lot better than previous games. I hated Maple Valley and thought it looked shit even on this one in the day. I played it on night with a bit of fog and it looks amazing with the trackside lights which seems to be peering threw the trees and fog (XSX)
Not ideal after 6 years but a least it's a good base to build on.

Senua

Gold Member
Does anyone else find this game soft while still being aliased? Using DLAA at 1440p I thought the image would be so much sharper, and it's not just in motion either. Baldurs gate 3 for instance looked so crisp with DLAA. But with the softness things like the windscreen wipers look really aliased. Odd

Last edited:

LostDonkey

Does anyone else find this game soft while still being aliased? Using DLAA at 1440p I thought the image would be so much sharper, and it's not just in motion either. Baldurs gate 3 for instance looked so crisp with DLAA. But with the softness things like the windscreen wipers look really aliased. Odd

It reminds me of Driveclub a lot. It's very jaggy until you start moving and even then it has this very soft clay look to everything.

I, for one, would have been more than happy with a similar look to 7 with all the physics and handling improvements that they have for this.

clarky

Gold Member
Game certainly has a few bugs and needed another month or two in the oven. Forza games normally release impeccable and this one has not but the one positive for me is this one looks and handles a lot better than previous games. I hated Maple Valley and thought it looked shit even on this one in the day. I played it on night with a bit of fog and it looks amazing with the trackside lights which seems to be peering threw the trees and fog (XSX)
Not ideal after 6 years but a least it's a good base to build on.
Forza games by Turn10 are notorious for launching in a shit state on PC. At least they are consistent.

But Your right, not ideal but the promise is there. I fear though that a big chunk of the player base will have bailed by the time they sort out their shit, just like every other GAAS shitty launch.

You're welcome! It's been just GREAT! :messenger_sunglasses:

72178105.jpg
Glad your having fun, and there is fun to be had for sure, but a good release this is not, by any standards.

Last edited:

adamsapple

I don't recall seeing anything like this on any of the number of video that have been shared in all the topics, or the DF coverage.

Do you have a picture or a video capture of this? Hopefully your console GPU is not on the fritz.

clarky

Gold Member
I don't recall seeing anything like this on any of the number of video that have been shared in all the topics, or the DF coverage.

Do you have a picture or a video capture of this? Hopefully your console GPU is not on the fritz.
He's on Xbox and im on PC. Same shit different t-shirt. Its not super distracting but now i've seen it i can't unsee.

Outlier

Forza games by Turn10 are notorious for launching in a shit state on PC. At least they are consistent.

But Your right, not ideal but the promise is there. I fear though that a big chunk of the player base will have bailed by the time they sort out their shit, just like every other GAAS shitty launch.

Glad your having fun, and there is fun to be had for sure, but a good release this is not, by any standards.
No no. Yu misunderstood my post.
The Wojak mask is implying that I am actually NOT enjoying the game.

The game is broken on PC. Has crashed 9 times on me in 7 hours of play and mostly happened when completing races.

It's BAD! That's why I'm crying behind the mask. lol

Last edited:

LostDonkey

That's the best I can do, when you're racing around and these are flashing up across the track it's very apparent to me

Last edited:

adamsapple

That's the best I can do, when you're racing around and these are flashing up across the track it's very apparent to me

Thanks for sharing the pic, honestly I can't really tell any from it but I hope if a future patch addresses it for you.

Top Bottom