• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FootballGAF 2019/2020 |OT| Does Your Team Got What It Takes To Be Crowned?

Ingeniero

Wow, big news damn....

I guess Messi is not going to city now....
Also Pep is gone for sure.

Arsenal awaits you Pep, you magnificent bastard.

I lol'd:

Last edited:
Champions League tonight.

Liverpool vs. Atletico Madrid
Borussia Dortmund vs. Paris Saint-Germain

I'm looking for Atletico to upset Liverpool and Dortmund to run over PSG. Underdogs for the win.

Teslerum

Really entertaining and suspensful game from start to finish.

Xhaka did very well I thought (Also started the attack on two of the goals), so did Nketiah, Auba and Saka (Except for a short spell where he somehow turned into the worst player in Arsenals history, which is saying something).

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
Well, it wasn't made for everyone.

ER93adyXsAAy3We

Dark Rider

This is a depressing season so far following a miserable season last year.
I just want the season to end.....

The celebrations Arsenal fans had the other day was immense.

Dark Rider

Of course what do you expect? Its a great achievement. Everyone would love to have one

I did expect it. It was very clear how the thought of Liverpool being invincibles too depressed Arsenal fans to no end, and Liverpool looked the part up until now too. It was to be expected that a defeat will result in Arsenal fans celebrating especially when it is an unexpected defeat (no disrespect to Watford)

Dark Rider

Watford goalkeeper Ben Foster roasted Liverpool: "They had no shots that were going to go in the back of the net. Even when they had crosses in the box, I never felt like they were going to get on the end of it. I never felt threatened. To say that, against a team like Liverpool, is massive kudos to our lads.”

Mista

Banned
Watford goalkeeper Ben Foster roasted Liverpool: "They had no shots that were going to go in the back of the net. Even when they had crosses in the box, I never felt like they were going to get on the end of it. I never felt threatened. To say that, against a team like Liverpool, is massive kudos to our lads.”

Well, kudos to them indeed. Who thought a team thats fighting relegation will actually beat Liverpool with that form? I sure didn't mate

Thats the Premier League

Dark Rider

Well, kudos to them indeed. Who thought a team thats fighting relegation will actually beat Liverpool with that form? I sure didn't mate

Thats the Premier League

Teams at the bottom always do it because the big teams get so complicit they underestimate the smaller teams. The other season Barcelona almost went invincible too but then toward the end of the season Levante handed them their only defeat.

Last edited:

Dark Rider

Daniel Sturridge suspended from all football activity until June 17 after the Football Association won an appeal over betting breaches. Ban increased from two weeks to four months and fine doubled to £150,000. Explains why he has ended his Trabzonspor contract.

Not many are talking about this but there are many other footballers doing this for sure. The football bodies need to crack down HARD on it on the players side and the governments need to punish and fine the gambling companies for doing this HARD imho.

Dark Rider

Official: Juventus vs Milan postponed

It is the right decision but the funny thing is that the lower divisions are still playing so....

Dark Rider

Rafa Benitez on clashing with CR7 at Real Madrid over Free Kicks "I told him that we had analyzed, together with my goalkeeper coach, the free-kicks he took when he was at Manchester United, and the trajectory of the ball in relation to the position of the wall'

That is funny. Rafa like to get into the fine details of things and Cristiano let his ego get in the way of correcting his mistakes.

Last edited:

DonJorginho

Banned
I do get it but thats something very expected of you to say at the same time which makes me confused

Mate most of the things I say shouldn't be taken seriously, I play around a lot.

Xavi is one of the greatest players to ever play the game, no-one we have comes close to even being worth mentioning in the same sentence.

That being said, Billy is a world class youth prospect and is someone I have watched in the youth leagues for 2-3 years so his performance yesterday means even more to me than other fans who were watching him for the first time.

DonJorginho

Banned
He's very biased to anything Chelsea. Next thing you'll hear him say Reece James is the best defender in the world

Reece James is pretty average defensively actually, but is young enough to get better. Saka is miles better in the PL, as are AWB, TAA etc.

Reece James can become WC though with more time on the pitch.

Dark Rider

That being said, Billy is a world class youth prospect and is someone I have watched in the youth leagues for 2-3 years so his performance yesterday means even more to me than other fans who were watching him for the first time.

If he become a top player do you think Chelsea can keep him?

Mista

Banned
Reece James is pretty average defensively actually, but is young enough to get better. Saka is miles better in the PL, as are AWB, TAA etc.

Reece James can become WC though with more time on the pitch.
To be honest the one I like the most is Mount. I just hope he doesn't turn into one of the usual overrated English players

DonJorginho

Banned
If he become a top player do you think Chelsea can keep him?

Depends on how we progress as a club, we need to recruit well in the Summer and become more efficient with how we are run.

I think the only clubs that would have a chance of taking Billy would be the big two in Barca and Real Madrid as they are just very attractive propositions in every area.

DonJorginho

Banned
To be honest the one I like the most is Mount. I just hope he doesn't turn into one of the usual overrated English players

Mount is frustrating for me, has such a good work rate, mentality and some great skill but sometimes is just too weak on the ball and has poor decision making.

But he is only what 21? So he can only get better.

Our best talent outright is likely Pulisic but he is kind of a star signing too so it is hard to say.

CHO is overrated, same with Tammy.

Dark Rider

Depends on how we progress as a club, we need to recruit well in the Summer and become more efficient with how we are run.

I think the only clubs that would have a chance of taking Billy would be the big two in Barca and Real Madrid as they are just very attractive propositions in every area.

Building periods are always painful and every fan of any club always hope it is over with as fast as possible. Otherwise it would be a downward spiral vicious cycle.

I want this season to end already :(

Dark Rider

For the heartwarming story of the day:

Richarlison on how he spends his money: “I’m not going to buy a big car. I invest in real estate, in other things for the future. Like this apartment here. Mother father, uncle, grandmother, I already gave everyone their own home. My uncles have a car, my mum likes motorcycles and I bought her one.”

Having a good head on your shoulders is most of what people need to not end up pinnyless

Dark Rider

Who do you support?

nfumMzD.jpg

Historia que tú hiciste,
historia por hacer
porque nadie resiste
tus ganas de vencer.

Ya salen las estrellas
mi viejo Chamartín
de lejos y de cerca
nos traes hasta aquí.

Llevo tu camiseta
pegada al corazón,
los días que tú juegas
son todo lo que soy.

Ya corre La Saeta,
ya ataca mi Madrid
soy lucha, soy belleza
el grito que aprendí.

Madrid,
Madrid,
Madrid
¡HALA MADRID!
y nada más,
y nada más
¡HALA MADRID!

Historia que tu hiciste.
historia por hacer
porque nadie resiste
tus ganas de vencer.

Ya salen las estrellas
mi viejo Chamartín
de lejos y de cerca
nos traes hasta aquí.

Madrid,
Madrid,
Madrid

¡HALA MADRID!
y nada más,
y nada más
¡HALA MADRID!

GtZW8aD.jpg

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
For the heartwarming story of the day:

Richarlison on how he spends his money: “I’m not going to buy a big car. I invest in real estate, in other things for the future. Like this apartment here. Mother father, uncle, grandmother, I already gave everyone their own home. My uncles have a car, my mum likes motorcycles and I bought her one.”

Having a good head on your shoulders is most of what people need to not end up pinnyless
Thats new for a poor Brazilian. They usually go crazy getting drunk and fucking whores. Good lad Richarlison

Dark Rider

Thats new for a poor Brazilian. They usually go crazy getting drunk and fucking whores. Good lad Richarlison

the partying culture in Brazil have nothing to do with being rich or poor, being rich though mean you can splash the cash on fancy parties or expensive dumb parties in general.

Liverpool failing miserably in getting the Invincibles trophy is a relief for us, Arsenal fans.
It's like a trophy for us :D

I saw the depression in Arsenal fans eyes all season. Liverpool looked they were going to do it.

DKehoe

Liverpool failing miserably in getting the Invincibles trophy is a relief for us, Arsenal fans.
It's like a trophy for us :D

Lost their chance at replicating Arsenal’s invincible record and United’s treble in the same week. They’ve also already lost more games than United did in the treble season.

DonJorginho

Banned
nfumMzD.jpg

Historia que tú hiciste,
historia por hacer
porque nadie resiste
tus ganas de vencer.

Ya salen las estrellas
mi viejo Chamartín
de lejos y de cerca
nos traes hasta aquí.

Llevo tu camiseta