• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FootballGAF 2019/2020 |OT| Does Your Team Got What It Takes To Be Crowned?

EZ
HALA MADRID

comment_1594933610KgUcToIYMGha0FMHU8eH89.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you :messenger_relieved:
Yes the trio is a well oiled machine and can be a nightmare to other teams :messenger_sunglasses:
We are mostly out of the UCL but wish us luck to overturn that tie :messenger_grimmacing_

Yeah that's a MASSIVE mission, but there's a bright side in that conceding goals isn't the biggest danger. The problem with City is that you can't stop them, they are going to get you. But they have a soft defense that can be exploited. Then again, give them an open field for counterattacks and that's DOOM.

Really tough. Can be done, but tricky as fuck. I do wish you luck! On the bright side, if Real does survive that grindhouse of a duel, there's no harder obstacle on the path aside from maybe Bayern.

Dark Rider

Yeah that's a MASSIVE mission, but there's a bright side in that conceding goals isn't the biggest danger. The problem with City is that you can't stop them, they are going to get you. But they have a soft defense that can be exploited. Then again, give them an open field for counterattacks and that's DOOM.

Really tough. Can be done, but tricky as fuck. I do wish you luck! On the bright side, if Real does survive that grindhouse of a duel, there's no harder obstacle on the path aside from maybe Bayern.

IF we go past Manchester City we will also have to face Juventus and either Barcelona or Bayern then there is Atlético and PSG on the other side of the table, we don't have Ramos for the the second leg against Manchester City :messenger_grimmacing_

Man, Zizou is on fire! I'm not a RM fan, but surely he's on the way to becoming one of the best Madrid coaches of all time, right?

He most certainly is if he stay for a long while, I hope he stays as our manager personally :messenger_sunglasses:

Dark Rider

Is zidane that good or barca turned into old trash?

Zidane is that good but also Barcelona are not at the top of their game although they are still in the great top level compared to others.
To be fair while Real Madrid are on a great top level too we are not at the top of our game either but we are trying to be there.

Prison Mike

Banned
IF we go past Manchester City we will also have to face Juventus and either Barcelona or Bayern then there is Atlético and PSG on the other side of the table, we don't have Ramos for the the second leg against Manchester City :messenger_grimmacing_

He most certainly is if he stay for a long while, I hope he stays as our manager personally :messenger_sunglasses:
Gonna be a good game against us yes you have ramos missing as we do aguero be great game.

Dark Rider

Gonna be a good game against us yes you have ramos missing as we do aguero be great game.

Going into the game you are already in the front seat qualifying while we need to score and make sure we do not concede. As I said we we most likely out but missing Ramos while being behind in the scoreline is worse than missing Agüero while being ahead in the scoreline.

As a City fan...we will only fuck it up again like last year with Tottenham.

What bugs me though is my fellow fans deny we have a defence problem...stating "Injuries" and "That is just how we play".

I am pretty sure you can have a Plan B if Madrid use the old Route 1 Tactics (which I think they will use).

If both teams play the way they usually do, City will edge it just about, but if Madrid do what Southampton did to us a few weeks back, they will win.

I am pessimistic about City going through

Dark Rider

I am pretty sure you can have a Plan B if Madrid use the old Route 1 Tactics (which I think they will use).

What's the old Route 1 Tactics? :pie_thinking:

If both teams play the way they usually do, City will edge it just about, but if Madrid do what Southampton did to us a few weeks back, they will win.

You are already ahead in the scoreline and there's no Ramos :messenger_dizzy:

Dark Rider

Florentino Pérez: “We are very happy to have won this difficult league. We want to remember the people who have suffered, who have had such a bad time and those who have not been able to be with us ”.

:messenger_sunglasses:

Dark Rider

Álvaro Odriozola has won two league titles this season. He won the Bundesliga title playing for Bayern München on loan, and is also eligible for the La Liga title since he has a few appearances for Real Madrid in the domestic league.

:messenger_tears_of_joy:

DKehoe

Álvaro Odriozola has won two league titles this season. He won the Bundesliga title playing for Bayern München on loan, and is also eligible for the La Liga title since he has a few appearances for Real Madrid in the domestic league.

:messenger_tears_of_joy:

That's amazing. Is that a first?

Prison Mike

Banned

What bugs me though is my fellow fans deny we have a defence problem...stating "Injuries" and "That is just how we play".

Oh we definitely have defence problems lol

Yeah, the defense is definitely a weakness. It just doesn't get exploited as much because it's hard to control the ball against City and honestly everything else is so good about the team that it's not like the other team is not running around like madmen trying to contain De Bruyne and co. Like Klopp said recently, they haven't played a bad game all season, even when they lost they played well. That might have been an exaggeration, but it's definitely a powerhouse of a team.

If you could mix Liverpool's back 5 with Man City midfield and offensive line, there's the ultimate football team of all time in my mind.

With Jorge Jesus gone from Flamengo back to Benfica, let me just take this space to appreciate the greatest brazilian side I ever got to witness:

Diego Alves
Rafinha
Rodrigo Caio
Pablo Marí
Felipe Luís
Willian Arão
Gerson
Everton Ribeiro
Arrascaeta
Bruno Henrique
Gabigol

Beautiful. Just beautiful. I was very confused at the Club World Cup, because I love Liverpool just as much as I love Flamengo. Let me tell you, this squad under Jesus was for real. European real. Could beat Real real. Tonight I drink for you Mister, thank you thank you thank you :messenger_loudly_crying:

Dark Rider

I'll go with Real Madrid this time because they seem to have improved.

Welcom to the football thread :messenger_beaming:
who do you support?

Go Hawks!!!

They can't even play football mate :messenger_sunglasses:

With Jorge Jesus gone from Flamengo back to Benfica, let me just take this space to appreciate the greatest brazilian side I ever got to witness:

Diego Alves
Rafinha
Rodrigo Caio
Pablo Marí
Felipe Luís
Willian Arão
Gerson
Everton Ribeiro
Arrascaeta
Bruno Henrique
Gabigol

Beautiful. Just beautiful. I was very confused at the Club World Cup, because I love Liverpool just as much as I love Flamengo. Let me tell you, this squad under Jesus was for real. European real. Could beat Real real. Tonight I drink for you Mister, thank you thank you thank you :messenger_loudly_crying:

They couldn't even beat Liverpool mate :messenger_smirking:

Cannot wait for this Spurs documentary Amazon are making.

I think a documentary about Ed time and work in Manchester United would be more interesting.

DKehoe

I think a documentary about Ed time and work in Manchester United would be more interesting.

It would be quite the farce. So there would be some entertainment there for sure.

The Spurs one is going to be fascinating though. Apparently they got Poch’s firing on camera. There’s also the 7-2 loss to Bayern, Mourinho coming in, the virus, Dier climbing into the stands to try and fight someone, Lloris and Son almost fighting (apparently they got more of that in the tunnel), Eriksen leaving, Mourinho falling out with Ndombele and more.

Dark Rider

It would be quite the farce. So there would be some entertainment there for sure.

The Spurs one is going to be fascinating though. Apparently they got Poch’s firing on camera. There’s also the 7-2 loss to Bayern, Mourinho coming in, the virus, Dier climbing into the stands to try and fight someone, Lloris and Son almost fighting (apparently they got more of that in the tunnel), Eriksen leaving, Mourinho falling out with Ndombele and more.

This is how they hype you to give them money, I'll wait for the user reviews first :messenger_beaming:

DKehoe

This is how they hype you to give them money, I'll wait for the user reviews first :messenger_beaming:

It's on Amazon Prime so I've got access to it for free anyway. I think of all the clubs they could have followed this season Spurs have probably had the most interesting season. It's just down to how much editorial control the club has to stop themselves looking bad.

Dark Rider

It's on Amazon Prime so I've got access to it for free anyway. I think of all the clubs they could have followed this season Spurs have probably had the most interesting season. It's just down to how much editorial control the club has to stop themselves looking bad.

Have you followed the drama at Valencia? what about the drama at Barcelona? this last season have been the year for these two
these are just two examples that spurs drama seem like nothing in comparison

DKehoe

Have you followed the drama at Valencia? what about the drama at Barcelona? this last season have been the year for these two
these are just two examples that spurs drama seem like nothing in comparison

For All Or Nothing they are just doing English clubs so far. But I'd be interested in seeing those too. I just think Spurs going from Champions League finalists to imploding like they have is a pretty fascinating story and Amazon lucked out stumbling into it.

Dark Rider

For All Or Nothing they are just doing English clubs so far. But I'd be interested in seeing those too. I just think Spurs going from Champions League finalists to imploding like they have is a pretty fascinating story and Amazon lucked out stumbling into it.

To be honest last season UCL was very bad in terms of the quality of football
yes making it to the final is great (no disrespect for both teams) last season but it was more that the rest of Europe was taking a year off

Dark Rider

Jose Mourinho: "For 90 minutes you cannot be nice, you have to be a bunch of c*nts, intelligent c*nts not stupid c*nts, bastards in the sense you are going to win matches!"

:pie_thinking:

Teslerum

Hats off to the gunners today no complaints here we were toothless in attack and punished for it

I'm going to be completely honest here: Even after the 2:0 I was on edge. Which in retrospect was over the top.
It was mostly comfortable. What made it comfortable though were the million crosses into the box by you.

I mean what was up with that?
You were never going to beat us in the air with your teams height and it wasted valuable minutes. Should have tried to force mistakes and longshots.

Dark Rider

I'm going to be completely honest here: Even after the 2:0 I was on edge. Which in retrospect was over the top.
It was mostly comfortable. What made it comfortable though were the million crosses into the box by you.

I mean what was up with that?
You were never going to beat us in the air with your teams height and it wasted valuable minutes. Should have tried to force mistakes and longshots.

Who do you want to face Manchester United or Chelsea?

Dark Rider

[Full Press Conference - Quotes] Zidane: "We won't have two and a half weeks of rest. We'll have some days off, but we're not on holiday. We'll rest a bit because the LaLiga run-in has been tremendous. But we've then got the return of the Champions League".

Dark Rider

Pep: "I struggle in semi-finals, I handle finals much better. I lost more semi-finals than finals. It's more difficult"

You need to win your semi-finals to get to the finals so naturally if you fail your semi final you will get even less finals pep.

Prison Mike

Banned
Last edited:

Dark Rider

damn time to buy another one t-shirt to collection me thinks ;p!
AydWwrA.jpg

Nice collection :messenger_sunglasses:
I might get a new too myself but I'm conflicted about getting one now or waiting for next season designs :pie_thinking:

Damn right decision has been made so ppl like this clown n Klopp n bourminho shud shut the fuck up

He stated his opinion, I think Manchester City if they must can give him a verbal lashing if they want. Going to court will net them nothing and further tarnish their reputation and make people think that they are trying to censor criticism (or dirty laundry) which will start a new campaign that damage Manchester City name even more in they eyes of everyone.
And I say this as someone who strongly disagrees with Tebas on so many things and want him kicked out of office ASAP.

Top Bottom