• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FootballGAF 2019/2020 |OT| Does Your Team Got What It Takes To Be Crowned?

Prison Mike

Banned

DKehoe

Juventus did something similar right? Does seem strange that the game has been about for years and they’re only now taking action over it. I believe the latest PES has licensed United, so maybe that’s part of it.

Dark Rider

Juventus did something similar right? Does seem strange that the game has been about for years and they’re only now taking action over it. I believe the latest PES has licensed United, so maybe that’s part of it.

The fact that this has been going on in some games and other forms of media is exactly why many thing Manchester United will lose this case. Some speculate that Manchester United caring now is due to the current financial impact of covid19 and clubs scrambling to any source of money.

DKehoe

The fact that this has been going on in some games and other forms of media is exactly why many thing Manchester United will lose this case. Some speculate that Manchester United caring now is due to the current financial impact of covid19 and clubs scrambling to any source of money.

I can’t imagine it’s for the direct money from FM. I would guess it’s them wanting to ensure their IP is only used by them and those who pay for it. Also, United’s financials came out the other day and they aren’t hurting for cash.

Dark Rider

I can’t imagine it’s for the direct money from FM. I would guess it’s them wanting to ensure their IP is only used by them and those who pay for it. Also, United’s financials came out the other day and they aren’t hurting for cash.

Then you would think they would have done this long time ago for their IP?
Even if we discount that they did nothing for decades about it why only FM? I would assume they would sue a number of offenders. there is a possibility that Manchester United think SEGA is a weakling and once they beat them in court they can use that verdict to chase everyone else?

DKehoe

Then you would think they would have done this long time ago for their IP?
Even if we discount that they did nothing for decades about it why only FM? I would assume they would sue a number of offenders. there is a possibility that Manchester United think SEGA is a weakling and once they beat them in court they can use that verdict to chase everyone else?

Like I say, I think this might have something to do with the PES deal, which is fairly recent. Or it could be they saw Juventus win a similar case and decided to take action. In FM20 Juventus are called Zebre.

Always strange to watch whatever commercial decisions United make.

Dark Rider

Like I say, I think this might have something to do with the PES deal, which is fairly recent. Or it could be they saw Juventus win a similar case and decided to take action. In FM20 Juventus are called Zebre.

Always strange to watch whatever commercial decisions United make.

If they win I will be patiently awaiting what SEGA will call Manchester United in FM2021. :pie_thinking:

Dark Rider

Pochettino: "I always thought I'd replace him [Mourinho], He was at Real Madrid. I said: 'Oh, maybe one day I can take your place at Real Madrid,' but look at how life works out. He has taken my place at Tottenham. Unbelievable, eh?"

:messenger_tears_of_joy:

DKehoe

Pochettino: "I always thought I'd replace him [Mourinho], He was at Real Madrid. I said: 'Oh, maybe one day I can take your place at Real Madrid,' but look at how life works out. He has taken my place at Tottenham. Unbelievable, eh?"

:messenger_tears_of_joy:

It'll be interesting to see where Pochettino. Honestly, there's part of me that wouldn't be surprised if Mourinho burns out and they still have Pochettino on contract so bring him back. I think I said a while back in this thread that I could see him going to Newcastle too. Maybe they can pitch it to him as a project he can build up.

Dark Rider

It'll be interesting to see where Pochettino. Honestly, there's part of me that wouldn't be surprised if Mourinho burns out and they still have Pochettino on contract so bring him back. I think I said a while back in this thread that I could see him going to Newcastle too. Maybe they can pitch it to him as a project he can build up.

Yes there is whispers about both Poch and Rafa links to Newcastle United after the take over. But Poch will not go anywhere until either his current contract expires or someone buy him out of his contract, in that sense it would be cheaper to get Rafa instead.

Dark Rider

Rui Pinto, founder of Football Leaks, sentenced to 25 years in prison for exposing corruption in the footballing world.

Dark Rider

Simeone's legendary assistant German "El Mono" Burgos will leave in the summer to become a head coach himself. Nelson Vivas, Simeone's first assistant at Racing Club, Estudiantes, River Plate & Catania will be promoted instead

I hope this does not effect their performance.

Dark Rider

[Bild] Liverpool definitely want Timo Werner but not at the price of his release clause €55M (£48M). The Anfield side want to get the German for less than what his clause states and intend to negotiate his price. Leipzig are in NO need to sell.

He need another season to prove himself, but on the other hand everyone is watching and getting him later can be very complicated and much more expensive.

DKehoe

[Bild] Liverpool definitely want Timo Werner but not at the price of his release clause €55M (£48M). The Anfield side want to get the German for less than what his clause states and intend to negotiate his price. Leipzig are in NO need to sell.

He need another season to prove himself, but on the other hand everyone is watching and getting him later can be very complicated and much more expensive.

I don't watch a lot of Bundesliga, so I'm not gonna pretend I'm an expert on Werner, but that does seem like a great price for him. But I guess the current situation complicates things.

Dark Rider

EPL back on June 17. Dark Rider Dark Rider we made it baby!!!

Congrats happy for you :messenger_beaming:

Now the next question is: will you get to have the fans in the stadium and your parade to celebrate it? or will you be celebrating it to tumbleweeds rolling?

I don't watch a lot of Bundesliga, so I'm not gonna pretend I'm an expert on Werner, but that does seem like a great price for him. But I guess the current situation complicates things.

Great price in the recently inflated market yes (if he keeps his form). Keep in mind though the recent inflation has not settled yet and might collapse. If the pandemic did not happen then maybe it would have been permanent but COVID19 happened and with it came financial troubles so as you said the current situation is complicated. The question is will the recent inflation survive or will the bubble burst? Stay tuned for the answer to that question in the next two transfer windows.

This is Dark Rider your reporter for all Football news.

Last edited:

Dark Rider

LaLiga president Javier Tebas confirms LaLiga will return on Thursday June 11 with the Seville derby and will culminate on the July 19 weekend.

Exclusive: Premier League to restart on June 17

EDIT:

Official: Serie A to restart on June 20

Last edited:
Now the next question is: will you get to have the fans in the stadium and your parade to celebrate it? or will you be celebrating it to tumbleweeds rolling?

Really doubt we'll see anything resembling a parade sadly. I think Liverpool should set a date, like the start of the next season we have a parade and stop the city.

Honestly, title aside I'm just happy to see the team again, godDAMN how I missed them.

Dark Rider

Really doubt we'll see anything resembling a parade sadly. I think Liverpool should set a date, like the start of the next season we have a parade and stop the city.

Honestly, title aside I'm just happy to see the team again, godDAMN how I missed them.

I was thinking that might be the idea but then I remember that it is possible that you win the title against Everton, can your fans really hold back if you win it against Everton?
I'm sure Everton fans would like the entire country in full lock down if that happens.

I'm happy to see football back too but I'm also worried because the players have been out of action for months so there is a decent chance of injuries which I'm dreading :messenger_pensive:

I was thinking that might be the idea but then I remember that it is possible that you win the title against Everton, can your fans really hold back if you win it against Everton?
I'm sure Everton fans would like the entire country in full lock down if that happens.

That would be so unreal, I don't know what would happen honestly lol. But for that to happen, we also need Arsenal to beat City. And never rely on Arsenal to do the job.

Dark Rider

That would be so unreal, I don't know what would happen honestly lol. But for that to happen, we also need Arsenal to beat City. And never rely on Arsenal to do the job.

The players have been out of action for months so you have no idea what form they will be in once football start again, who knows what will happen.

Dark Rider

Gasperini confirms he had the coronavirus during the Valencia-Atalanta Champions League game, Valencia fans calling for a Disqualification

This is unacceptable. I think he should be charged with something..

Dark Rider

Make no mistake, I want that chip as soon as possible and I think Jurgen has the team ready for action.

I have no doubt about Liverpool motivation and eagerness to get their title and get this over with. Arsenal want that shot at a UCL spot while Manchester city has nothing to play for in the league because they can't win the title and they already secured a UCL spot (if their appeal work).

Both Arsenal and Manchester City were out of action for a while but only one has motivation to win. NOT saying Arsenal will win at all here, just that they have more reason to try to win it so who knows.

Also we must consider the lengths that Everton will go to to prevent Liverpool from winning the title in their match :messenger_ghost:

La Liga is restarting and we are only two points behind 👀

Dark Rider

Valencia CF wish to publicly express our surprise at comments made by Atalanta coach Gian Piero Gasperini, stating that before UEFA Champions League Last 16 game he was aware of suffering symptoms theoretically compatible with those of coronavirus, without taking preventive measures

There need to be some sort of punishment for this imho.

Dark Rider

Official: La Liga resumes with the Seville derby on 11 June

A derby for the first game make it spicy
But the fans what take such occasions into the next level
This will be awkward with no fans in the stadium but I'm sure the players will give everything on the pitch.

Gasperini confirms he had the coronavirus during the Valencia-Atalanta Champions League game, Valencia fans calling for a Disqualification

This is unacceptable. I think he should be charged with something..

He didn't confirm he had COVID-19, he confirmed he felt very sick. Sad he still felt like he should be at the game but he didn't confirm he had coronavirus.

Dark Rider

He didn't confirm he had COVID-19, he confirmed he felt very sick. Sad he still felt like he should be at the game but he didn't confirm he had coronavirus.

He felt all the symptoms and said was feeling he will die
his excuse to not stating it is coronavirus is him not going to the hospital and not telling anyone and instead going to the games and infecting everyone. All this while Italy was basically sinking into chaos because of the coronavirus.

"I didn't know it is the coronovirus because I didn't go to check if it is" is the flimsiest excuse ever and will not stand in court. In fact while the Italian authorities decided to to ban the fans from the stadium and apply lock down Gasperini was advocating not do any of that.

He put many people lives in danger knowingly and advocated publicly to endanger even more.

For me there should be a punishment for his actions during the UCL fixtures, he knew.

He felt all the symptoms and said was feeling he will die
his excuse to not stating it is coronavirus is him not going to the hospital and not telling anyone and instead going to the games and infecting everyone. All this while Italy was basically sinking into chaos because of the coronavirus.

"I didn't know it is the coronovirus because I didn't go to check if it is" is the flimsiest excuse ever and will not stand in court. In fact while the Italian authorities decided to to ban the fans from the stadium and apply lock down Gasperini was advocating not do any of that.

He put many people lives in danger knowingly and advocated publicly to endanger even more.

For me there should be a punishment for his actions during the UCL fixtures, he knew.
So he didn't confirm he had coronavirus like you said when you misquoted him.

Also we must consider the lengths that Everton will go to to prevent Liverpool from winning the title in their match :messenger_ghost:

I hope they do! Man I remember that absolutely ridiculous goal by Origi (who else?) to net us the victory:

Watch Klopp go super saiyan in the celebration. What the hell was Virgil even trying to do? That's why the derby is so sweet, it's bonkers.

Dark Rider

This is not football, it is soccer.

Maybe in Poland.

He's joking .

I hope they do! Man I remember that absolutely ridiculous goal by Origi (who else?) to net us the victory:

Watch Klopp go super saiyan in the celebration. What the hell was Virgil even trying to do? That's why the derby is so sweet, it's bonkers.

I hope it is fun for all, what's your score prediction?

Corona en la Coruña

:messenger_beaming:
And welcome, who do you support?

I think Everton will put up a fight more than usual on this one :pie_thinking:

synchronicity synchronicity what's your prediction?

It's so hard to know what to expect after such a long layoff. I know I'm not expecting the best as an Everton fan, lol, but it sure would be nice to win. A part of me was honestly hoping for the league year to be cancelled with no title. Anything is better than a Liverpool trophy. :p

Dark Rider

It's so hard to know what to expect after such a long layoff. I know I'm not expecting the best as an Everton fan, lol, but it sure would be nice to win. A part of me was honestly hoping for the league year to be cancelled with no title. Anything is better than a Liverpool trophy. :p

I think Liverpool target at the moment is to get the title against you so they can rub it in forever, and Everton target is to prevent that at all costs :pie_thinking:

I think Liverpool target at the moment is to get the title against you so they can rub it in forever, and Everton target is to prevent that at all costs :pie_thinking:

Oh, I'm sure you're right. But in fairness, Liverpool have plenty of bragging rights already, as much as it guts me to say it. I know it's been said by Liverpool fans that they always know where to find Everton - just look down the table, smdh. Maybe one day Everton will have some glory days again.

Top Bottom