• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII Remake |OT| - The Reunion is coming

Aggelos

Gameplay Captured on PC?

ZBNuXEE.jpg

Last edited:

YukiOnna

Stopped for the night at the beginning of Chapter 3.

This is so far everything I wanted. From the demo to after the demo it's so much more grandeur and I love the characterization of everyone. Can definitely see some 2011 Versus in this, as well. Cloud and Barrett are such goofballs.

my friends are judging me cause i said i want to lick the sweat off tifa's underboob

i wont stand for this discrimination
Who doesn't? Losers, that's who.

John Day

Played a couple of hours, just explored a bit of Sector 7. Looks amazing. Loving the combat loop. Makes you do more than just button mash.

Plot wise, things got interesting right off the bat i keep wondering where will they go with it.

Will play more in the morning!

Spokker

What a complete clusterfuck of a game. One moment it's everything I've ever wanted, the hairs on my arms standing at full attention. Then those things show up and are like OOGITY BOOGITY BOOGITY and ruin the whole moment. It's like an annoying sibling running in the room and screaming at the tops of their lungs to annoy you and you lose your good vibes.

I could go for some 35-year-old curmudgeon DLC that removes all that shit and just plays it straight.

NecrosaroIII

Ask me about my terrible takes on Star Trek characters
English Voice acting is a mixed bag. Cloud is great. Wedge is good. Biggs is whatever. Barrett is good sometimes, bad other times. Jessie is grating. Aeris is annoying. Sephiroth is god fucking awful.

Is there a patch that I forgot to download or something? I just met Tifa and I feel like 50% of environmental textures are missing and doors straight up look like ps1 or some shit.

on ps4 amateur btw

Last edited:

sublimit

Banned
I played yesterday for about 3 hours. I have some serious objections regarding the story so far (when compared to the original) but other than that the game looks and feels amazing to play. Can't wait to play more.

Psykodad

Banned
This game is something else. Better than I had hoped, although the controls can be a bit of an annoyance (also, Tifa's walk/run animations are bad).
Graphically, it looks perfect on a 4k/HDR tv.

And maybe it's because I'm older now, but Jessie > Tifa. 🤯

I played yesterday for about 3 hours. I have some serious objections regarding the story so far (when compared to the original) but other than that the game looks and feels amazing to play. Can't wait to play more.
I'm kinda with you on the story. Maybe not going as far as saying I object to some changes, but some stuff definitely raises some eyebrows.

Barret is problematic already

c2Zn2aV.jpg
Maybe they should replay the original first.
Barret is a spot-on representation of the original.

Last edited:

SantaC

First impressions are not good.

UI and graphics reminds me too much of FF15. The battle system feels clunky, the voice acting is terrible. Final Fantasy X which was the first FF to be voiced sounds better. I can also see the Midgar setting getting old real fast.

Just what to expect out of the hack Nomura.

Edit: ok the VA bit was hyperbolic but the rest I stand up for.

Last edited:

sublimit

Banned
I'm kinda with you on the story. Maybe not going as far as saying I object to some changes, but some stuff definitely raises some eyebrows.
My biggest issue so far is the whole "Good Avalanche are innocent about the bombing but they are framed by Evil Shinra" which was also apparent in the demo. In the original Avalanche's first bombing mission killed a lot of people and its members (except Barret) kept having regrets and second thoughts about it. Shinra had nothing to do about killing innocent civilians that is until the second bombing mission when they were indeed been framed by Shinra and Reno. In the original Avalanche was not so inocent at least not as much as the Remake is trying to make them look like. They are a group of terrorists with "noble causes" who sacrificed civilians in the attempt to thwart Shinra. That aspect made the story and characters really unique back in 1997 and it seems that SE has changed it in order to offer a more cliche good vs evil ,black and white scenario maybe due to the times we live in where terrorism is a no-no subject in mainstream entertainment where no grey-zones are allowed.
I also have some issues with the way they depict Jessie's character (she was much more shy in the original) but my main issue is the how they are changing the portrayal of Avalanche.

Last edited:

GymWolf

why in the fuck you people play a game like this with english dub instead of jap dub?

the demo was already full of clues about the quality of the english va...

Last edited:
Reactions: Fuz

sublimit

Banned
why in the fuck you people play a game like this with english dub instead of jap dub?

the demo was already full of clues about the quality of the english va...
I usually play Japanese games with Japanese audio (if it's available) but so far i think they have done a good job with the English VA except for Barret. And i think it will be helpful during battles later on (especially bosses) to listen to English.

Last edited:

GymWolf

I usually play Japanese games with Japanese audio (if it's available) but so far i think they have done a good job with the English VA except for Barret. And i think it will be helpful during battles later on (especially bosses) to listen to English.
to me the only acceptable voice in the demo was cloud, the rest was mediocre to straight up annoying.

sublimit

Banned
to me the only acceptable voice in the demo was cloud, the rest was mediocre to straight up annoying.
Are you a native English speaker? I'm not and maybe that's why i have a different perception of their English voice acting than you. :)

The Shepard

Got up early this morning to play this, the combat and music are godly, I do think ff15's animation is better though but looks amazing on pro, 4k hdr. I also think a certain bad guy shouldn't turn up until the next episode, I loved the aura of mystery surrounding him in the original. Still I'm loving the game and taking my time with it as I know I'll be gutted when it's over to soon.

Everyone who played the demo get that beautiful theme on your ps4 with the music on, best theme ever. Think you got until May 11th to play demo and claim it.
pXnB6WC.jpg

Last edited:

Hostile_18

Banned
I'm having some kind of issue where FF7 keeps launching in 1080p HDR on the PS4 pro. Surely its not the game but it's a bit of a coincidence it doing this today 😭😭😭

sublimit

Banned
Got up early this morning to play this, the combat and music are godly, I do think ff15's animation is better though but looks amazing on pro, 4k hdr. I also think a certain bad guy shouldn't turn up until the next episode, I loved the aura of mystery surrounding him in the original. Still I'm loving the game and taking my time with it as I know I'll be gutted when it's over to soon.

Everyone who played the demo get that beautiful theme on your ps4 with the music on, best theme ever. Think you got until May 11th to play demo and claim it.
pXnB6WC.jpg
Did you get this theme by pre-ordering the deluxe digital version?

I have played the demo and pre-ordered the normal version digital version and i got the Cloud/Sephiroth theme. Yours looks much better. ;)

The Shepard

Last edited:
Hate to sound like a big time graphics whore but I´m considering shelfing it until these textures get addressed. The environment quality in the slums is absolutely unacceptable and I can´t even focus on enjoying the game when it looks this shitty.

McCheese

I'm upto chapter 4 and apart from the new kingdom hearts sephiroth shit I'm absolutely loving it.

hopefully they listen to the fan feedback and tone that shit down for the next part.

GymWolf

Are you a native English speaker? I'm not and maybe that's why i have a different perception of their English voice acting than you. :)
i haven't watched\played something in my native language in like 15+ years, 99% of material i consume is in english, you don't have to be a native english talker to find some voices\acting subpar or annoying.

i'm happy that you can enjoy everything tho:lollipop_winking:

GymWolf

yeah battle talk during battles is my only problem with jap dub, but you still have subtitles for that so i hope it's not gonna be a big problem.

Top Bottom