• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII Remake |OT| - The Reunion is coming

YukiOnna

Doesn't seem a physical copy is available anywhere in my area, so I'm sadly going to have to resort to digital. Fuck waiting.

Aggelos

Weekly Famitsu 2020/04/23 plans to feature a 70-page special report on FF7 Remake.
Spared no expense, right?

738375b738a014cdbf2c50d08185c7355189e529.jpg

Last edited:

Ten_Fold

So apparently walmart might be selling retail early? YMMV, of course

brickseek link
input your zip and take a looksee
Says the one near me has it, but damn the close super early, gotta go tomorrow and see.

saintjules

The original Final Fantasy VII is one of my all-time favorite game.

I've bee playing this game since the last Friday and I've gotta say that it has brought me man tears a couple of times (in a very good way). It's so much better than I ever hoped for.

I dont't want to spoil anything and don't want to get spoiled, so I'm avoiding this thread for now.

Thanks for this comment. I'm super excited to get started on it. It's crazy that there's comments from people that have the opposite reaction. I get why, but no way this feeling we're having for the game will be tarnished.

saintjules

So apparently walmart might be selling retail early? YMMV, of course

brickseek link
input your zip and take a looksee

Says the one near me has it, but damn the close super early, gotta go tomorrow and see.

I pre-ordered at gamestop initially and then Best Buy which became the primary option. I checked two Walmart stores yesterday when I saw online that they had it in stock. Both locations told me they didn't have it when checking their shelves. So it's possible those counts on the inventory aren't able to be sold yet. Those two stores came up on that inventory link the other user provided.

Definitely call beforehand if they're accepting calls (mine didn't) and make sure that they're actually able to sell it to you. I heard some people were denied the sale when Employees tried to ring them up.

Last edited:

Arkage

Banned
Played it most of the day today. I will say it is a bit weird putting in like 6 hours and then realizing you still don't have Aerith in your team.

The texture pop-in has been fairly minimal. Nothing that distracting.

The low-rez texture is bad in some very specific areas so far, which makes me think those areas just need to get patched up.

Pro-tip: Cloud's second stance blocking/counter maneuver is very handy in some fights. Use it!

Also the addition of Roche is disappointing. He's a 1-dimensional anime stereotype boss. Yawn.

Last edited:

chitzy

Banned
The local retards working at Walmart aren’t going to sell you fools early copies 😂Their systems won’t allow it.
I would bet money I could talk one of those morons into selling me the game early.

Also, wow, only $50? Pretty sure that was the price of the original in 1997. Thank you Walmart, what a fantastic store.

Last edited:

chitzy

Banned
By the way, does Walmart still offer 30 day returns on game consoles? Might have to buy and return one just to play this.

Shifty1897

The low-rez texture is bad in some very specific areas so far, which makes me think those areas just need to get patched up.

Do we have any confirmation of a day one or soon patch? I thought Square is mostly anti-patch this gen save for Final Fantasy XV.

Last edited:
Do we have any confirmation of a day one or soon patch? I thought Square is mostly anti-patch this gen save for Final Fantasy XV.
I was just looking this up.

I've already saw the ending to the game on YouTube and people are reportedly finishing the game with a physical copy claiming they have not had to download any patches yet.

Pretty shocked there isn't a required day one patch. That's awesome.

There probably will be a patch in a few days for minor bugs and whatnot but just happy to see a current game not requiring or practically requiring one.

GenericUser

Just finished the demo again and what can I say? I'm finally hyped beyond all levels. I can't wait. Even if it's just midgar, I can't wait to dive in. The combat system finally clicked with me and I want to reenter that world after all those years. I hope there will be secret super endbosses that give me a reason to fully explore and master the game. Give it to me, 15 hours something left before the reunion.

If this game does the HL2 EP3 thing, square can kiss their business goodbye (I'm an expert!)

PanzerAzel

Major hype.

Just finishing preloading after an 80+gig download, oof. Would’ve gotten physical if I could, and I don’t trust shipping will get it to me day 1. PSN states I can play at midnight so a little less that 24 to go! Great times.

I’m a little more than disappointed that Classic Mode can only be played on easy difficulty, but will deal. Can finally burn off some of this Corona boredom.

Major hype.

Just finishing preloading after an 80+gig download, oof. Would’ve gotten physical if I could, and I don’t trust shipping will get it to me day 1. PSN states I can play at midnight so a little less that 24 to go! Great times.

I’m a little more than disappointed that Classic Mode can only be played on easy difficulty, but will deal. Can finally burn off some of this Corona boredom.

Im so sorry.

Last edited:

iiStryker

Neo Member
So to those who are playing this now, is summoning like it was in the OG version(if you had the MP you could summon as often as you want) or is it like FFXV where summoning only occurred under very specific circumstances?

Lethal01

Beat it a while ago, Easyily a 10/10 and and one of my top 5 games of all time.
Only FF I enjoyed more the 6.

Like all my favourite games I could list flaws about it all day but the positive vastly outweigh them. But the thing the grinds my gears most is the developers decided to make hard mode something you have to unlock.;

Nattan

So to those who are playing this now, is summoning like it was in the OG version(if you had the MP you could summon as often as you want) or is it like FFXV where summoning only occurred under very specific circumstances?
You can't use them freely. A summon bar appears in tougher fights and when it fills you can use a summon.

Malakhov

Banned
Walmart Canada shipped my copy last night and it says I'm receiving it today (April 9)

Now I need to buy a PS4 pro today, bummer with a lot of stores closed.

sublimit

Banned
A few hours are left until my digital version unlocks later today. Looking forward to play it tonight. :) Haven't read or watched any reviews or gameplay streams (and i don't intend to until i finish the game myself and complete it as much as possible on my own)

Last edited:

base

Banned
Beat it a while ago, Easyily a 10/10 and and one of my top 5 games of all time.
Only FF I enjoyed more the 6.

Like all my favourite games I could list flaws about it all day but the positive vastly outweigh them. But the thing the grinds my gears most is the developers decided to make hard mode something you have to unlock.;
The hard mode I'm playing now is just Normal difficulty with no Item menu available. You have to depend on your skills and Materia you have equipped.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
My local Gamestop that I preordered this at closed for the quarantine. They sent me an email saying they'd provide a later email on how to get it delivered to me, but never did. So I preordered again digitally and downloaded it for tonight. Most expensive FF game ever for me :D

I guess once I finally get my physical copy, somehow, I'll give it away here.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
welp looks like i gambled wrong. pre ordered on Best Buy and now they tell me there is a delay. if i don't hear from them NEXT FRIDAY i can cancel. real fucking great

base

Banned
In The Netherlands the game is sold out everywhere.

Only one webshop is having the game on stock for a price of 75 euros. LOL

Kev Kev

i know these are cringy for some people, but im a sucker for these reaction videos, especially the e3 2015 ones. 🤓 im a dork yeah i know whatever. in celebration of the release, here are some of my favorites

this is a timeline of events going back to the PS experience 2014 troll

game trailers crew reaction, probably most popular, and still makes me laugh

theatre reaction

and of course, live on the floor at e3 2015

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
To me, Advent Children and the Tech Demo were what set off most fans. You could feel the beginning of the entire ride to get here.

I need to charge my headphones for this. The last time I wanted to hear every single sound was with Death Stranding.

saintjules

welp looks like i gambled wrong. pre ordered on Best Buy and now they tell me there is a delay. if i don't hear from them NEXT FRIDAY i can cancel. real fucking great

Mines coming tomorrow. I think I narrowly got away with it when I pre-ordered on 3/25. If it were me, I'd cancel if there was a delay and get the physical later. I'd go crazy lol.

sublimit

Banned
i know these are cringy for some people, but im a sucker for these reaction videos, especially the e3 2015 ones. 🤓 im a dork yeah i know whatever. in celebration of the release, here are some of my favorites

this is a timeline of events going back to the PS experience 2014 troll

game trailers crew reaction, probably most popular, and still makes me laugh

theatre reaction

and of course, live on the floor at e3 2015

The only kind of reaction i'm interested to see is if i happen to show something to my friend and to see what his reaction will be.

But whenever there is a camera and views/likes involved people tend to overreact and be very fake and cringy. At least for me.

Top Bottom