• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII Remake |OT| - The Reunion is coming

saintjules

i know these are cringy for some people, but im a sucker for these reaction videos, especially the e3 2015 ones. 🤓 im a dork yeah i know whatever. in celebration of the release, here are some of my favorites

this is a timeline of events going back to the PS experience 2014 troll

I like seeing the reactions. You can see at 6:10 in the first video how emotional it is for people. No other Final Fantasy game gave you that emotion. Not VI, not IX. Just this one! I hope moving forward this becomes the new standard.

Kev Kev

The only kind of reaction i'm interested to see is if i happen to show something to my friend and to see what his reaction will be.

But whenever there is a camera and views/likes involved people tend to overreact and be very fake and cringy. At least for me.

yeah im the opposite. i have no idea why its considered cringy, but i know a lot fo people feel that way so 🤷‍♂️ for me its just enjoyable watching other people be happy and excited about something. the fact that i am also happy and excited about that thing just makes it better. im not sure exactly what is cringy about that? and i dont think ill ever understand... just like others wont understand how i dont see it as cringe.

different strokes and all that i guess

sublimit

Banned
yeah im the opposite. i have no idea why its considered cringy, but i know a lot fo people feel that way so 🤷‍♂️ for me its just enjoyable watching other people be happy and excited about something. the fact that i am also happy and excited about that thing just makes it better. im not sure exactly what is cringy about that? and i dont think ill ever understand... just like others wont understand how i dont see it as cringe.

I think it's how a lot of people tend to overreact if they know they are on camera in order to get more views and likes. This makes them look fake and cringy. In a way they are similar to Twitch streamers who play horror games and pretend to be scared every 5 seconds while screaming like idiots in order to get more subs and donations from people who find that entertaining.

But if you enjoy those types of shows more power to you. I'm not judging you by any means. Like you said different strokes for different people. :)

saintjules

I think the cringyness may come from people who don't play games normally. When they see people react the way they do to a video game, they would say just that, "you really crying over a video game? (*shudders*)"

It's a way of life for many. And to be honest, it's no different when reading a book. You laugh at the moments you're reading, you cry at the moments you're reading. For gamers, it's the same more or less, just in a visual presentation.

Synless

I'll tell you all this. That best buy releasing early thing is bullshit. I called my store just a moment ago and they said no such communication has been emailed to anyone in their district.

DonJorginho

Banned
It seems like there's no day one patch? Meaning I could have just started this game back last Friday when I got my copy for fuck sake 😂

TheMan

Well, I gave up on fantasies of getting this game early. Bought on PSN and preloaded, now waiting for 11 pm tonight so I can play for an hour or so.

Best Buy shipped mine last night for delivery tomorrow. Ordered it years ago when preorders went up. Longest preorder i've ever had. Mine shipped from GA, was hoping it would be here today but doesn't look like it.

TTOOLL

i know these are cringy for some people, but im a sucker for these reaction videos, especially the e3 2015 ones. 🤓 im a dork yeah i know whatever. in celebration of the release, here are some of my favorites

this is a timeline of events going back to the PS experience 2014 troll

game trailers crew reaction, probably most popular, and still makes me laugh

theatre reaction

and of course, live on the floor at e3 2015

These shows have to make a comeback. They are too good! Miss you, E3!

Also, time for an avatar change, boys!!

Nymphae

Banned
Just got the shipping notification from Amazon, but I'm off work tomorrow so even if it comes I won't be getting it until Monday :messenger_pensive:

Oh well, need to finish off Doom anyway.

GymWolf

first time i preorder something from psn, how the fuck i donwload the game? i only see the timer but no download option...

Shouta

first time i preorder something from psn, how the fuck i donwload the game? i only see the timer but no download option...

You should be able to go to the PSN store or from your library to download it now that it's available to do so. I preloaded the game last week as soon as I could because I knew it was going to be 100 gigs, lol

I am ready for tonight as a result =o

GymWolf

You should be able to go to the PSN store or from your library to download it now that it's available to do so. I preloaded the game last week as soon as I could because I knew it was going to be 100 gigs, lol

I am ready for tonight as a result =o
if i enter the psn from the console and go on the game page i don't see any download choice. (i already payed the game on pc via psn like i do with every other dd purchase)
i only see the timer and the info of the game, where i have to go exactly?

Shouta

if i enter the psn from the console and go on the game page i don't see any download choice. (i already payed the game on pc via psn like i do with every other dd purchase)
i only see the timer and the info of the game, where i have to go exactly?

Try going to your Library on the far right of the menu. There should be an option to download titles you purchase there, I think. I purchased the game on my PC and downloaded on my system as well so there is definitely a way to get it to start downloading. I'd also check your notifications to see if it started downloading without you knowing it after checking the Library

GymWolf

Try going to your Library on the far right of the menu. There should be an option to download titles you purchase there, I think. I purchased the game on my PC and downloaded on my system as well so there is definitely a way to get it to start downloading. I'd also check your notifications to see if it started downloading without you knowing it after checking the Library
yep, finally got the game on download, thanks buddy :lollipop_blowing_kiss:

base

Banned
Strange but it's already 9 April and no sign of a patch. It would be out already. Seems the game will be patched a bit later.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I am 31 but never played any FF game... what are these? Why people like these? Remake good place to start? Orr ff 13 ? or 15? I understand, not every installment is connected and not every is single player story

base

Banned
I am 31 but never played any FF game... what are these? Why people like these? Remake good place to start? Orr ff 13 ? or 15? I understand, not every installment is connected and not every is single player story
The original version is a good start. Every FF is unique.

Neff

Basically, you have a party of elves and when you press buttons, the elves take turns hitting monsters in the head while numbers come out of them, until the monsters are defeated. The more you play, the stronger the elves become and the bigger the numbers get. And if you take time to explore, find good gear, and exploit enemy weaknesses by micromanaging your elf equipment, the numbers get bigger still. it's just really addictive watching numbers go up, and these games have big-ass stories which makes you become attached to your elves as they grow. It's really fun, man.

I would suggest starting with the original FFVII if you can stomach the lo-fi visuals. It was and remains a perfect entry point for both the series and the genre. FFX is also very easy to pick up.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Basically, you have a party of elves and when you press buttons, the elves take turns hitting monsters in the head while numbers come out of them, until the monsters are defeated. The more you play, the stronger the elves become and the bigger the numbers get. And if you take time to explore, find good gear, and exploit enemy weaknesses by micromanaging your elf equipment, the numbers get bigger still. it's just really addictive watching numbers go up, and these games have big-ass stories which makes you become attached to your elves as they grow. It's really fun, man.

I would suggest starting with the original FFVII if you can stomach the lo-fi visuals. It was and remains a perfect entry point for both the series and the genre. FFX is also very easy to pick up.
lol but those are linear games ... like bioware games? or like open world?

saintjules

looks like it is awaiting UPS pickup. hopefully it gets loaded into a truck in the next few hours and i can at least see what state it's in

:messenger_anxious:

Yeah, mine was waiting UPS pickup as well in the afternoon yesterday. Seems most movement occurs in the evenings. They didn't pick it up until 7 hours later. You should be fine though.

Neff

They're pretty linear honestly, you couldn't compare Final Fantasy to something like KoToR/Fallout. You'll follow a story and a specific chain of events from beginning to end. That said, they do have a lot of freedom in terms of how you build characters, and it's always worth being thorough while you explore. I've played FFVII countless times over the last 20 years, but recently reading a guide for the first time was a real eye-opener.

lol I gotta say, IGN is one of the bigger spoiler channels for this game.

Thankfully I'm close to finishing the game, but IGN is responsible for most of the spoiler-heavy videos I'd otherwise have to be dodging in my recommendations right now.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
most RPGS imo are linear experiences. yes there are some segments with an "open world" which is a big field with random monsters. but more or less you are moving from one setpiece to the next.

i think of it like a novel. an RPG is like reading a long novel that unfolds over dozens of hours.

Nymphae

Banned
It's pronounced Mah-ko..

They say it that way in game? Takes me back to grade school arguments about the pronunciation of Chocobo. I always said Coco-bo, some idiot was trying to tell me it was Choco-bo, and I don't even care if he's technically right. I also say May-ko.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
They say it that way in game? Takes me back to grade school arguments about the pronunciation of Chocobo. I always said Coco-bo, some idiot was trying to tell me it was Choco-bo, and I don't even care if he's technically right. I also say May-ko.
Ma (or Ka, or Ta, basically any consonant that ends in "A" etc.) are all pronounced "Ah". if you want an "eh" sound, you use "E". "Meiko" is probably how they would spell it if it was to be pronounced "Mayko", since adding the "I" takes it from "Meh" to "May"

it's an interesting thing since English has so many various alternate pronunciations and secret rules and stuff (like "I before E except after C"). the Japanese alphabet is nice cos what you see is what you get. if you can say the letters of the alphabet you can correctly read more or less any word you can read.

Aggelos

What a true Goddess, Scarlet.

Man, I love elegant Ladies who show and exhibit their divine high-heels. Especially, when they do not hesitate to subjugate people under the holy high-heels.
Go Madam Scarlet! Go!

oOFz9PN.jpg

rLVbtmX.jpg

#Phonepunk#

Banned
hmm thinking bout it, there really is no reason for me to have the physical copy vs digital, other than collector/resale value. more and more i am thinking ill just buy the digital too and keep my physical shrink wrapped.

Jman1553

Neo Member
Just got an email from Amazon saying my regular edition copy shipped, ETA is tomorrow.
I placed my order back in June.

Wanted to post that as an FYI for others ordering on amazon.

For people here worried about Square pulling a Half-Life 2, I doubt they'd do that.

A small studio like Falcom has been releasing new Kiseki games for over a decade. For those who don't know, the Kiseki series is one on-going story so each game is almost like an "episode" for lack of a better term.

In fact, Kiseki is very similar to the MCU with each arc dealing with one or two "Sept-Terrion" McGuffins that are pretty much that universe's Infinity Stones.

If Falcom can continue to pull it off, I'm sure Square can.

Last edited:
Top Bottom