• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII Remake |OT| - The Reunion is coming

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I'm in awe with everything.
The characters and the world
I feel like I did when I first played it, everything is new but the same familiar and I've just got this big smile on my face as I hum to the background music.
This game is beautiful

PanzerAzel

Based Amazon delivery guy just came through.

QDLTa2P.jpg
Such a better box art than regular version.

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
Anybody else in uk get it through amazon and not get their summon dlc code?

I have the theme, but not the summon... meh...

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Very pleased about what I'm hearing and seeing about this game.

I'm going to buy if I get the Coronacheck.

Aggelos

Can you guys bite the bullet that this is only Episode 1, and there's gonna be a long time leap before Episode 2 comes out?
Bite the Bullet along with Ealis and Claud.

EVDbfu2X0AAfxKb

Last edited:

John Day

Damn it, it annoyed me in the demo and it annoys me now...

But it’s MAY-KOH, not MACK-OH...

ok I know I’m wrong but fuck I’ve said it one way for 20 years and it hurts my ears haha
I always said Mah-ko, but i’m native spanish speaker so i never had the doubt 🤣

Malakhov

Banned
Picked up a PS4 at Costco and now sat down to play, stupid install from disc...

Forgot that's how it worked these days :messenger_loudly_crying:

TheMan

Cah1VL4.png

also reading this suddenly gave me hope for living a long life until im an old man

I already know that she's prolific, but why so much interest now, at this moment? Winning her last award in 2018 doesn't equate to being a top trending topic in 2020

saintjules

why is alexis texas trending right now?

Not to derail too much here, she apparently was on Tory Lanez's IG earlier as he was asking random girls to appear on his livestream and shake themselves...So there's that.

Last edited:

Holgren

I watched a bit of gameplay and cutscenes and it looks absolutely incredible, I'm speechless. The amount of detail there is, and how vibrant and likeable the personalities of the characters are now (liking a lot of the japanese VA), I get goosebumps just watching it. Can't wait to play it.

If everything is going to be of this quality I don't mind episodic releases.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
I’m really loving this. They should totally do remakes of VI and VIII next.

The games are basically interactive movies w tons of these cutscene style scripted sequences. Crudely presented at times but full of characters and places and stories that are already written. It would not be hard to take these already planned dramatic scenes and turn them into more hd cinematic remakes.

this is really a wonderful experience seeing a far more detailed and stylistically stunning depiction of the 2d storybook style of the past. im down to see what they do with any of the old FF games after this. fuck making new ones even. the company has created some incredible stories, why not bring them to life again one last time?

there was a time u watched 4 frame sprite animation “walking” across a 2D set and dialog thru text boxes. even on into the 32 bit era there was so much of that style, speech not being introduced until X (if I’m not mistaken). now we have interactive hd cinema better than the cgi features of the past. this remake is a great proof of concept. hope square follows up on it.

Last edited:

Neff

Just finished it. Incredible game. Not without issues, but worthy of the legacy and certainly worth the wait for fans.

If everything is going to be of this quality I don't mind episodic releases.

I'm now fully convinced that this was the way to do it. Not just in terms of the unprecedented workload logistics required, but peeling back new layers of Midgar alone has been wonderful.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
My copy isn't arriving until the 16th, but enjoy everyone! I'm super excited for this.

Holgren

Just finished it. Incredible game. Not without issues, but worthy of the legacy and certainly worth the wait for fans.

I'm now fully convinced that this was the way to do it. Not just in terms of the unprecedented workload logistics required, but peeling back new layers of Midgar alone has been wonderful.

How long was your first playthrough? I've been hearing 15 hours of content so far.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member

Were you under the 24 hour mark in terms of length. Most players I see who finished it are right around that mark.

I finished Chapter 1, which was essentially the demo. I am eager to play more, but my COVID-19 status still has me getting up in the morning for work.

That first boss was a lot more fun knowing I got to continue afterwards.

Last edited:

DonJorginho

Banned
Just defeated the Crab Warden on Chapter 5, playing on normal and am 7.5 hours into the game now.

My god this is perfection, all the negative people regarding this game have well and truly been proven wrong and it is beautiful to see them meltdown over the fact they can't accept that this game is a masterpiece.

From the story, to the visuals (mostly), the combat and level design and my god that music!

It's everything I wanted and more, and this has allowed me to feel justified in supporting the multi game style SE have taken here.

I can't recommend this piece of art enough.

Top Bottom