• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII Remake |OT| - The Reunion is coming

sublimit

Banned
i haven't watched\played something in my native language in like 15+ years, 99% of material i consume is in english, you don't have to be a native english talker to find some voices\acting subpar or annoying.

i'm happy that you can enjoy everything tho:lollipop_winking:
Well mostly everything. :p I find Barret's VA annoying. And i'm only three hours into the game though ,so maybe there will be other characters later on with VA that i don't like.

Last edited:
FkdNCT7.jpg

That Materia Shop sign...? This game is not going to age well. The Original games prerended backgrounds look less pixelated.

IPiLoHo.jpg

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Love Barrett in this actually. Dude is a committed member of an eco terrorist group with a chain gun for a hand. Character like that needs to be raw testosterone. He’s almost an action movie throwback in the way Cloud is an anime Edgelord throwback. Barrett got a great sense of humor too.

really happy with the voice acting all around. We’ve come a long way since X

Last edited:
Love Barrett in this actually. Dude is a committed member of an eco terrorist group with a chain gun for a hand. Character like that needs to be raw testosterone. He’s almost an action movie throwback in the way Cloud is an anime Edgelord throwback. Barrett got a great sense of humor too.

really happy with the voice acting all around. We’ve come a long way since X

If theres one thing that they seemed to get right, its the character representations

TTOOLL

2 hours in, I'm taking my time and enjoying the hell out of it! I'll just start the first few quests now. Graphics are insane, but some parts of the slums are not that great overall. Also, I really like what they have done with the battle system and management so far. I'm playing Classic mode, btw.

base

Banned
why in the fuck you people play a game like this with english dub instead of jap dub?

the demo was already full of clues about the quality of the english va...
How do you switch to Japanese dub? My EU version doesn't have it.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
What's up with people complaining with English DUB?

Played the demo and I thought it was pretty damn good.

base

Banned
i haven't started the game yet, but i heard of the game being shipped with like 4 different dub...are you trying to scare me?:messenger_hushed::messenger_hushed:
is your version digital or physical?

i found this
Physical version.

Checked the ingame menu and don't see any options for language change. I'll do as someone mentioned previously. From the console's settings. What a pity.

Boneless

This game is something else. I was impressed so far, but chapter 9
the wall market is something else, fighting in the colosseum, the victory fanfare and cloud spinning his sword after the first fight, absolutely amazing

The voiceacting is top notch, Aerith is very cute so far. The graphics are special, sure it has some rough edges, but several times I will just gawk at its beautiful scenes.[/spoiler][/spoiler]

Last edited:

Psykodad

Banned
Physical version.

Checked the ingame menu and don't see any options for language change. I'll do as someone mentioned previously. From the console's settings. What a pity.
That's weird.

The digital EU version has an ingame option to change languages.
You only need to restart the game for the language to actually change.

base

Banned
That's weird.

The digital EU version has an ingame option to change languages.
You only need to restart the game for the language to actually change.
Oh I think it's only in the main menu, not while playing. I'll check it out.

base

Banned
The English dub is fine for me. Don't know why people are complaining about. Just get used to it.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
that feeling when you hear that music and realize you are looking at what used to be two tiny characters on a 2d background and it's now a full 3D cinematic with lighting and camera moves.

this really hit me when it was cutting to flashbacks and especially footage of the villains, plotting in their skyscraper. it's like they had this grand cinematic vision in 1997 but they just didn't have the technology yet. they ended up writing stage direction, dialog, etc. but it's more like a theater play vs this hyper stylized interactive movie.

the remake is making so much sense to me rn. really hope they announce more.

Last edited:

TheMan

Played the game last night, basically just beat the demo portion again before going to bed. I noticed they added an extra scene or two, which was nice. Looking good overall, excited to dive in after work today. Luckily I only work half days on Fridays, but unfortunately I also work Saturday AND Sunday this week. Also my kids are now addicted to Minecraft which is on my PS4 so prying them away from that is going to be hard.

Things could be worse though, lol

gela94

I must be one very unlucky person lately :messenger_face_screaming: My PS4 controller is all of sudden not working properly anymore WTF So after checking every trick and tip on YT and opening it and finding everything clean . .I give up, I guess I need a new controller . And why are these controllers still so fucking expensive??

Shrap

These people are weebs and not meant to be taken seriously.
It seems more like the weebs would be the ones who enjoy this kind of voice acting as it's like an anime: Everyone grunting to confirm agreement, saying each others names way too much, laughing at the stupidest moments, constant shock gasps and groans, the need to make some sort of noise when on screen during a cutscene and, of course, always having a shitty ill fitting one liner no matter the situation.

I can't think of better voice acting for weebs.

Manji Uzuki

In chapter 3 at the moment. Really enjoying it so far. I usually dislike english VA in this kind of games but I like this one so decided to play this way and probably second run will be in japanese.

By the way ...

The whole scene with Sefirot was great and unexpected. The part of him explaining how he enjoyed killing Cloud's mother was sick.

Lets see how things continue in this version of the story.

njean777

Really enjoying the combat, its fluid and fast paced. Plus even on a base ps4 this game looks phenomenal. I remember being a kid (11 or so) and beating the original, so far I really like this game. I cannot believe I am actually playing it, its surreal. Thank you Square.

Last edited:
Top Bottom