• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII Remake |OT| - The Reunion is coming

YukiOnna

It seems more like the weebs would be the ones who enjoy this kind of voice acting as it's like an anime: Everyone grunting to confirm agreement, saying each others names way too much, laughing at the stupidest moments, constant shock gasps and groans, the need to make some sort of noise when on screen during a cutscene and, of course, always having a shitty ill fitting one liner no matter the situation.

I can't think of better voice acting for weebs.
can confirm as said weeb

First impressions are not good.

UI and graphics reminds me too much of FF15. The battle system feels clunky, the voice acting is terrible. Final Fantasy X which was the first FF to be voiced sounds better. I can also see the Midgar setting getting old real fast.

Just what to expect out of the hack Nomura.

Troll much?

Why even bother buying the game if you intended to sh** post on it? Clearly you knew you were not going to enjoy it and you expressed that already with UI and battle system which you should have gained from the demo if you were so apprehensive. You knew it would be nothing like the original. All you are trying to do is get extra attention for some reason. Go have your mom do that for you. I am sure she will oblige.

I can understand how people wouldn't like the game, but to compare the legendarily bad va of FFX to this seems a bit hyperbolic.

I can understand how people wouldn't like the game, but to compare the legendarily bad va of FFX to this seems a bit hyperbolic.

FFX is my favorite FF and game of all time; but anyone whos complaining about the VA is this game, I agree is horsesh**.

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
First impressions are not good.

UI and graphics reminds me too much of FF15. The battle system feels clunky, the voice acting is terrible. Final Fantasy X which was the first FF to be voiced sounds better. I can also see the Midgar setting getting old real fast.

Just what to expect out of the hack Nomura.
source.gif

SantaC

Troll much?

Why even bother buying the game if you intended to sh** post on it? Clearly you knew you were not going to enjoy it and you expressed that already with UI and battle system which you should have gained from the demo if you were so apprehensive. You knew it would be nothing like the original. All you are trying to do is get extra attention for some reason. Go have your mom do that for you. I am sure she will oblige.
Whaaa someone is butthurt and cant accept a negative opinion. Go back to restera, you seem to fit in there better.

And no i didnt play the demo. I went in blind.

VA part of my post was a bit hyperbolic, but the rest is nothing exceptional so far. It even got the standard dull fetch quests. Go kill x bunch of monsters, rinse repeat.

Last edited:
Whaaa someone is butthurt and cant accept a negative opinion. Go back to restera, you seem to fit in there better.

And no i didnt play the demo. I went in blind.

VA part of my post was a bit hyperbolic, but the rest is nothing exceptional so far. It even got the standard dull fetch quests. Go kill x bunch of monsters, rinse repeat.

I don't even know what restera is, lmao. I visit very few and mostly the same gaming sites I have gone to for the last 20+ years.

Going in blind was your choice and your fault.

So.... an R P G... You haven't gone completely brain dead yet have you? You do know what types of things you do this these types of game correct? Pretty sure I recall side quests, etc. in the original FF7... Perhaps you are too young for that game as you basically said you like to make hyperbolic posts, something the younger generation tends to do... /shrug

wzy

Kill 10 quests appeared no where in FFVII or any RPG of that era. VII in particular would not have had any time for such things as its story was paced correctly.

It's padding to be sure, but probably my biggest beef is the MGS style storytelling. I feel like I spend just as much time watching cutscenes as I do playing the actual game.
Like I've already said, nostalgia will carry me through, but if I was a newcomer I probably wouldn't like it. I loathed FFXV.

Kill 10 quests appeared no where in FFVII or any RPG of that era. VII in particular would not have had any time for such things as its story was paced correctly.

1) This is no longer 1997

2) Side quests, albeit some generic fetch quests makes the world feel more alive. Then the older games of that time ever did.

Don't like what gaming, rpgs, so so forth has become, don't play them anymore or continue to revisit the old ones. I do that as well and appriciate both the old and new.

I loathed FFXV.

I for one enjoyed 15 but it was far from perfect or my favorite FF/RPG.

Last edited:

SantaC

I don't even know what restera is, lmao. I visit very few and mostly the same gaming sites I have gone to for the last 20+ years.

Going in blind was your choice and your fault.

So.... an R P G... You haven't gone completely brain dead yet have you? You do know what types of things you do this these types of game correct? Pretty sure I recall side quests, etc. in the original FF7... Perhaps you are too young for that game as you basically said you like to make hyperbolic posts, something the younger generation tends to do... /shrug
You must be coming from gamefaqs with that attitude. Too young? Lol i am 40 years old.

Look the game is quite alright, but it is flawed and people have the right to voice different opinions.

Also, why cant I setup any priorities for my AI? Something like a mini gambit system would been nice.

wzy

2) Side quests, albeit some generic fetch quests makes the world feel more alive. Then the older games of that time ever did

This could be true (it's not--to be clear, I'm just saying it's not logically impossible) but that's not the reason FFVIIR has them. It's not a deliberate design choice, anyway. Boring filler quests are just a necessity of modern 3D graphics. You have to fill your game with as much bloat as possible to justify the cost in man-hours of building out a big stupid world that otherwise bears no relevance at all to the story.

Last edited:

sublimit

Banned
Does the game feel Yakuzaesque to anyone else or is it just me?
I was actually thinking about it last night to the point that i wished there was an R3 button that enabled first person view to see better all the details (and take more screenshots XD)

Reactions: Isa

bender

What time is it?
Played the first couple of hours last night (got to my apartment) and the nostalgia is transporting me back to 1997. It's wonderful to have such great memories re-imagined. This along with Animal Crossing and RE3:Remake is definitely gaming's version of comfort food.

Zog

Banned
Troll much?

There was a demo so negative reviews aren't allowed?

TacosNSalsa

Oh ..I just realized they are offering a deluxe upgrade . I'm glad I didn't get the deluxe edition I'll just wait for this to go on sale or something

Spokker

There was a demo so negative reviews aren't allowed?
It's funny because the demo hides a lot of the negatives from the full game (crazy story changes, generic fetch quests and bad graphics where textures don't even load).

On the strength of the demo and the fact that I'm on a leave of absence so I'd have time to play, I pre-ordered. I wish I hadn't. The next day the leaks hit and I was devastated. Playing the game now only confirms it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zog
I'm still not reading stuff in here haha I got my copy yesterday after spending 3+ hrs at the UPS warehouse and being very persistent, after 3 cancelled deliveries. I couldn't not have this in time for launch day. I'm in chapter 3 in the slums and I will take my sweet time to soak up all of the nostalgia. The famous lines and music were really hitting me in the feels last night. The visuals are absolutely jaw dropping especially...
those flashbacks with Sephiroth after the reactor explodes and you make your way back to the sector 7 slums

t7EHl2ih.jpg

Last edited:

Boneless

It's funny because the demo hides a lot of the negatives from the full game (crazy story changes, generic fetch quests and bad graphics where textures don't even load).

On the strength of the demo and the fact that I'm on a leave of absence so I'd have time to play, I pre-ordered. I wish I hadn't. The next day the leaks hit and I was devastated. Playing the game now only confirms it.

Id say you have it twisted, the demo doesnt even to the game justice.

Synless

Some texture lacking issues I have mentioned yesterday.
That’s Tifa and clouds room right? That whole thing is low res. The objects on clouds sink are ps2 level. Also, I noticed the ground switches between super high res textures to incredibly low res. It’s really baffling when you look around at the rest of the game.

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
I wanna play this game, but... I know I'm not gonna like it.

Top Bottom