• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eurogamer why our Starfield: review will be late (DF unaffected and will be on time)

Montauk

Are you an alt? I notice you stopped posting for 3 years and only resumed recently, and you are now mainly posting in Microsoft threads (mass posting at that). Has your other account been banned recently?

Nope.

There was some big news the other day and wanted to know what the forums were saying about it. I’ve got an account here so I logged on.

And I’ve just been drawn into posting. Is that ok with you? Is it ok if I post on a forum, pretty sure that’s what it’s for?

I’m sorry for not spending the last 3 years on here. Oh and a big apology for posting in certain threads, as if that proves anything.

Not that I need to justify anything to a paranoid rando (who is probably a fanboy), but on top of finding certain topics interesting I also own an Xbox myself. Imagine that.

And here I am on a forum talking about Xbox. Crazy - you couldn’t make it up, right?

Good luck with your investigation, detective.

Last edited:

graywolf323

Exactly ;)

- The game probably bad technically - DF got the code
- Eurogamer and Edge are the only harsh reviewers left - Eurogamer got the code
- Only Xbox centric websites got the code: Pure Xbox didn't get the code
- But Pure Xbox reviewed Redfall low - Jizz and Windows Central gave the same score

What will these crazy kids think of next.
I’ve honestly seen political spin doctors who are more honest than you

Ozriel

M$FT
might have something to do with as to why Xbox Era gets a code for Starfield and Pure Xbox doesn’t

ifhbuZA.jpg

You were saying?

graywolf323

you keep conveniently leaving out the part about what John & DF were told about NOT sharing their code with Eurogamer (at least not since the start of the thread)

that doesn’t fit any of the narratives you’ve been trying to push such as in the post I quoted from you where you actually tried to claim that Eurogamer now getting a code someone debunks the whole point of WHY they’re only just now getting a code

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
you keep conveniently leaving out the part about what John & DF were told about NOT sharing their code with Eurogamer (at least not since the start of the thread)

that doesn’t fit any of the narratives you’ve been trying to push such as in the post I quoted from you where you actually tried to claim that Eurogamer now getting a code someone debunks the whole point of WHY they’re only just now getting a code

Whose debunking anything. I have posted maybe a dozen times already about how this seems like a UK only issue for whatever reason, especially noting the fact that the US arm of Zenimax has to come in and send codes to UK outlets now. Reviewers can't exactly share codes, so if Rich uses the code for his DF Xbox, it's not like X reviewed somewhere else working for Eurogamer will be able to use the same code.

Anyway, we know for a fact that this is only happening with UK outlets.

Not US outlets.

So it's a combination of some code mismanagement including selective on some outlets not getting codes.

But every outlet is free to review the game once they get the copy, they're not blocking anyone from reviewing the game.

graywolf323

Whose debunking anything. I have posted maybe a dozen times already about how this seems like a UK only issue for whatever reason, especially noting the fact that the US arm of Zenimax has to come in and send codes to UK outlets now. Reviewers can't exactly share codes, so if Rich uses the code for his DF Xbox, it's not like X reviewed somewhere else working for Eurogamer will be able to use the same code.

Anyway, we know for a fact that this is only happening with UK outlets.

Not US outlets.

So it's a combination of some code mismanagement including selective on some outlets not getting codes.

But every outlet is free to review the game once they get the copy, they're not blocking anyone from reviewing the game.
again another spin which isn’t even true, Axios is a US outlet, and you know this because it’s been pointed out multiple times in the thread but it doesn’t fit your narrative that you’re pushing so you instead just ignore it while pushing what you know is a lie

to the users asking why this thread is 8+ pages, this is why, there’s so many posts from spinmeisters instead of actual honest discussion which instead causes others to have to waste their time debunking the BS

Ozriel

M$FT
Exactly ;)

- They're only sending codes to evangalized websites: US outlets all got codes, UK only issue
- But Pure Xbox reviewed Redfall low - Jizz and Windows Central gave the same score

Not just Windows Central
yBeCP8J.jpg

sZUY2WW.jpg

JeuxVideo gave Redfall 65 and they got a review code.

People are grasping at straws.

Metro wrote an article on the whole debacle, blaming it on Bethesda’s pettiness and not a grand conspiracy to pay US journalists to inflate review scores.

DzpWovx.jpg

Starfield threads bring out the crazy talk.

Ozriel

M$FT
I'll all about this.

I'm also one of the people on the fence that needs to see more than just pre release hype

Good thing for you that over a million people will be playing the game this weekend, providing you with enough media and hands on impressions to choke you.

Just a couple of days, so absolutely no way to mask the game’s quality. You’ll see thousands of user reviews on Steam in short order.

So any conspiracy talk makes no sense

adamsapple

again another spin which isn’t even true, Axios is a US outlet, and you know this because it’s been pointed out multiple times in the thread but it doesn’t fit your narrative that you’re pushing so you instead just ignore it while pushing what you know is a lie

Ok, Axios, any other examples ? 1 is hardly a trend.

Read O Ozriel 's post above, Metro UK themselves are talking about US outlets not having this kind of availability issue.

Clearly this is effecting UK outlets more, but it also isn't something as petty as some peddlers are trying to paint like outlets which gave Redfall a low score, we have seen multiple examples of that being debunked here.

You should maybe point to some of those posts, including your own, before accusing anyone else of not having an honest discussion, friend.

Montauk

It's paranoia from the ABK acquisition thread. Only people who posted there on the first day are allowed to participate. Literally everyone else is an alt simping for Lulu whatshername

Yeah I know. I don’t know how I meant to be shilling for, but I wish somebody would send me a bag of cash because I’m skint.

Tams

No that I read Eurogamer anymore, but they should have at the beginning and end of their review (that would come out as soon as the embargo lifts) that they were not given enough early access to fairly review the game.

But they won't, so it'll only be this half-hearted, halfway complaining. Truly Eurocuck.

All the other outlets not given access should do the same. If they don't, then they'll be just as bad.

Last edited:

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Good thing for you that over a million people will be playing the game this weekend, providing you with enough media and hands on impressions to choke you.

Just a couple of days, so absolutely no way to mask the game’s quality. You’ll see thousands of user reviews on Steam in short order.

So any conspiracy talk makes no sense
You're right about it being easy to gauge it better once it releases.

I'm half joking on my end. You just never know these days.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
No that I read Eurogamer anymore, but they should have at the beginning and end of their review (that would come out as soon as the embargo lifts) that they were not given enough early access to fairly review the game.

But they won't, so it'll only be this half-hearted, halfway complaining. Truly Eurocuck.

All the other outlets not given access should do the same. If they don't, then they'll be just as bad.
Review outlets can choose however long they want to review a game.

They always have been able to do that, and always will.

The whole "must release the day the embargo lifts" thing is partly why the "review industry" is so lame.

Last edited:

chonga

Publishers are free to send out review codes to whomever they want. This has nothing to do with free and open journalism you crybaby.
It is a problem if you pick and choose who you give access to, though.

I'm not making this as an accusation in this instance, but, if you as a creater of something give your product - whatever it is, not just games - only to outlets that you can trust - aka know will give positive reviews - that is a big, big issue for the consumer.

Tams

I just don't often hear movie critics or music critics complain like this for not getting early screeners. They listen/watch with the rest of the public. And often times this means that their reviews come in after the movie/album has already been out. Which is like fine. Probably not ideal for their revenue streams, but creators don't have some obligation to share free copies ahead of time with anyone.

They don't, but for some reason it has become the norm in the gaming industry. Probably to do with games often taking far longer than any other media to complete or get a good feel for. Other mediums can be finished in no more than three hours (including most books at a push).

And I don't blame the reviewers to be honest; I blame the game publishers who want the good reviews before the games go on sale.

Tams

Review outlets can choose however long they want to review a game.

They always have been able to do that, and always will.

The whole "must release the day the embargo lifts" thing is partly why the "review industry" is so lame.

It's sadly just how the review industry works.

It's all about timeliness. Other than a few very rare exceptions, outlets see far less engagement with reviews that aren't with the competition, at the time of the embargo lifting. And that costs them money, perhaps even making doing reviews not viable.

It's more news than reviews. And few people care about news that's more 'olds'.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Eh....all you need is one to debunk your theory that this is only happening with UK outlets my man. At this point, I don't think we can say there is any rhyme or reason to any of it really.

That's precisely what I'm saying as well, notably this is happening to more UK outlets, less so, if not at all, in the US and the US branch of Zenimax is having to pick up the slack and send codes to UK outlets.

It's an weird situation all around. But UK outlets, even those who gave Redfall low scores, *are* getting codes.

Last edited:

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Exactly ;)

- They're only sending codes to evangalized websites: US outlets all got codes, UK only issue

Keep ignoring when you ask a question you get proven wrong and move the goalpost :)

adamsapple

Uh.....that from my post? Clearly that was a joke, dude. You are taken this shit far too seriously.

No, no, the generic "redfall review" statement has been brought up in so many posts here.

Last edited:
Top Bottom