• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[PureXbox] Starfield wins GOTY

Topher

Gold Member
As for me, I'm past the age of getting gifts

Im Not GIF

Dazraell

The potential for greatness is there but to me, it seems like that this game needs 2-3yrs worth of No Man's Sky style post release development before I'd consider putting down money for it.
Honestly, the question is if Bethesda will be even willing to commit to this. I'm struggling to believe they will invest resources into "fixing" it considering some of people at their dev team seem to be more pissed about complaints Starfield is receiving from players

The best scenario I could see is them fixing some of the smaller issues and using DLC to address some of the common complaints by adding some new worldspaces filled with custom content. But it's more like putting a ducktape on a leak type of scenario than doing a complete overhaul like we got with No Man's Sky or Cyberpunk

demigod

You forgot that Spider-Man 2 got like 10 awards including the award for the 'best story' with is fucking hilarious.

If Spider-Man 2 can win an award for the best story I pretty sure Starfield can win an award for the best game of the year.

But yeah, Playstation fanboys and Xbox fanboys are pretty much the same shill contingents no matter how much you spin.
So where’s your proof that a Playstation website gave Spiderman 2 GOTY? Or are you just making shit up now? There is a difference between spiderman 2 winning goty vs starfield. One was nominated at TGA, the other wasn’t.

You are delusional if you think ps have as much shills as xbox. They have an ambassador program ffs.

MiguelItUp

It is a good game. There is something missing from it that games like Skyrim and fallout 3 had that made them more fun. A good game with flaws. Not their best game. But overall I enjoyed it.
Basically where I was at. I was able to finish it, which says a lot. But there were a number of glaring things that stood out. Or things that just felt like they were missing. Far from a horrible experience IMO, but man could it have been SO much better.

graywolf323

So where’s your proof that a Playstation website gave Spiderman 2 GOTY? Or are you just making shit up now? There is a difference between spiderman 2 winning goty vs starfield. One was nominated at TGA, the other wasn’t.

You are delusional if you think ps have as much shills as xbox. They have an ambassador program ffs.
he’s getting Pure Xbox awarding a game by supposed journalists mixed up with the PlayStation Blog’s READERS choice

which it should be noted, the readers also voted Spider-Man 2 GOTY for IGN, obviously fans like the game a lot

Last edited:

WitchHunter

Banned
I just played a few hours with this game... oh dear god what happened here?

Starfield, the overcomplicated, overly nuanced, micromanagement hellhole with an outdated and idiotic mission structure. It looks awesome, but the rest... It feels like the game's development was partitioned to so many small pieces that in the end noone saw the whole picture, and nobody checked the end result and players got this fucking shitstain in return.

It's always painful to see that 100s of people's work goes down the drain because some fucking idiot whackjob who doesn't know jackshit about UI/UX and game mechanics fucks up the whole experience. One of the worst UIs/UX ever created, everyone should be shot who are responsible.

You get in your ship to go to a planet, talk with the janitor, then back to your ship, jump to another planet... I mean get the fuck outta here, what is this fucking ridiculous micromanagement shit in 2023? And this motherfucking oxygen co2 mechanic, who invented this totally idiotic shit? And 5 different skill trees... suuure. Who the fuck has time for this?

Why cramming space combat and an FPS into one game? Who had this dumbass idea?
Enemies speed up all in a sudden during fights, why? How did this go through testing?
You run out of ammo during the mission.
Idiotic inventory management. I put a shitton of shit on that fucking robot, assign it to the ship, but its miraculously not onboard... and you cannot access its inventory. Bonkers.

Looks great... that's the only strong point. I cannot imagine how many manhours they needed to create these absolutely gorgeous places, items and ships, but I just can't swallow this fucking shit go here, fetch that, go into your ship, get in your seat, allocate shit to gravdrive, take a dump while traveling, etc etc. bullsheeeet. God, what an awful experience this was. All this shit shoveled on you in the first 5 hours of gameplay.

Oh, and the dialogues... fuck man, stop talking already. And why the protagonist is mute? Because of Half Life?

Extra LOL:
- Starfield is also nominated for the Most Innovative Gameplay award in the 2023 Steam Awards PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF someone snorted too much coke, it's the MOST RETARDED GAMEPLAY.
- At the Golden Joystick Awards 2023, Starfield won the Xbox Game of the Year award ... instead of Best Visuals.

Idiots running 100s of people, deciding on 100s of millions of spending, and they are clueless and incompetent. Todd Howard doesn't know what is happening behind the scenes : DDD.

Last edited:

DaGwaphics

I'll agree, it was my favorite game of the year as well. Looking forward to seeing what they can bring to it via expansions. I won't knock an Xbox specific publication for being biased towards the games they've covered the most heavily.

Top Bottom