• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eric Lempel (SIE Head of Global Marketing): "I would say that this is the best line-up that we've ever seen in the history of PlayStation"

kretos

Banned
"We are still committed to doing that. It's more challenging than ever, but our gamers expect a lot from us. It's a chance to celebrate the beginning of a new generation. This spot kicks off PlayStation 5 marketing efforts, and this is just the beginning. So you can see this as the initial entry. Hopefully it looks high quality, hopefully it captures the imagination of the viewer, and from here, it just gets bigger and better."

"The content that will be in the launch window and beyond is incredibly exciting. I would say that this is the best line-up that we've ever seen in the history of PlayStation, between our Worldwide Studios groups and our partners from all the different publishers around the world. We've revealed some of that content, and naturally there will be more to come, but the way that the developers can engage with this platform, and create these new experiences with known IP as well as unknown IP, is incredibly exciting."

more: https://www.gamesindustry.biz/artic...andemic-is-a-massive-challenge-on-every-front

H-I-M

I've been traumatized enough from Phil's lies, so...

tenor.gif

WellSheet

I get that the Kung Flu has karate chopped shit in the ball bag a bit, but we’re like...so down to the wire here with date/price/line up...like...I get...Jesus said patience is a virtue but fuck me sideways.

That was a great piece, did not expect anything different from Gameindustry.biz. That real journalism.
Cant wait that i have my PS5 and play the games.....
Now wait till the usual suspects come in this treath downplaying everything that has been said.😉

AmuroChan

Doesn't Spidey alone already make the launch lineup the best in PlayStation history? I don't remember past PlayStation launch lineups being particularly strong. PS1 had Ridge Racer and Toshinden. PS2 had TimeSplitters, Fantavision, Summoner. PS3 had Resistance and Motorstorm. PS4 had Resogun, Knack, and Killzone.

Papacheeks

Banned
People saying
"Show me"
, are going to have egg on their faces soon. LOL.

In next couple weeks you are going to see the stark difference between Playstation and XBox.

Unless Phil is hiding a bunch of exclusives for August, Sony has been building this since 2018. Within the past year they have been spending Billions of dollars on deals, and some permanent exclusives for at least what I can tell going by some of the games development on PS5.

From a couple other places I talk in, a lot of the Japanese developers are still seeing Sony as the premier place to launch their title, second is steam/PC. XBox and Nintendo are a third, because of issues from each.

2021 to 2022 is going to cement why Sony has gone all in on exclusive content and AAA.

Last edited:

longdi

Banned
what line up? 🤷‍♀️

anyway i remember this Eric guy, or should i say, this the 2nd time i hear from him.
The first time he was with Doritos Pope showing off the DS, boy was that segment boring AF. Eric is boring AF. Feels like he is not a real gamer.

Papacheeks

Banned
what line up? 🤷‍♀️

anyway i remember this Eric guy, or should i say, this the 2nd time i hear from him.
The first time he was with Doritos Pope showing off the DS, boy was that segment boring AF. Eric is boring AF. Feels like he is not a real gamer.

This wont age well.

Guy is a suit, similar to Jim Ryan but knows Playstation. Not everyone has to be a hardcore gamer. Shawn Layden was a oldschool gamer who like Vib Ribbon and started out as a importer for Sony. So things like PAL versions of games and distribution was his job back in the day.

He grew with the company.

A lot of the people still working for playstation have been there since PS2-PS1 days. And seeing the division has never faltered outside of weird hardware choices, I think those people in power are doing a fine job understanding what playstation is.

Eric is young, but probably would not be part of global marketing if he didn't understand the brand.

He's no shawn layden or Jack Trenton.

Last edited:
We don't need a Phil lite.

Don't care about the little price war... keep that shit till october if it pleases.

What are the titles at launch, launch window (2021) and the dates? At least in the meantime, show gameplay and hardware.

Jesus.

Last edited:

Bryank75

Banned
I remember getting TTT and SSX on launch day... Then ZoE and Onimusha in March I believe. Wasn’t bad but it wasn’t great either.
Yeah, I got TTT and no memory card.... console was kept on for days. hahaha

I loved Onimusha too. Got ZOE for the MGS2 demo but ended up really liking the game.

Last edited:
Top Bottom