• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eric Lempel (SIE Head of Global Marketing): "I would say that this is the best line-up that we've ever seen in the history of PlayStation"

JTCx

From a couple other places I talk in, a lot of the Japanese developers are still seeing Sony as the premier place to launch their title
giphy.gif

Entroyp

Yeah, I got TTT and no memory card.... console was kept on for days. hahaha

I loved Onimusha too. Got ZOE for the MGS2 demo but ended up really liking the game.

That’s exactly why I got ZoE too lol. I played the MGS2 demo like 20 times before I even touched ZoE, which was a very good game, I was pleasantly surprised.

THEAP99

Banned
Let’s hope he’s not pulling a Phil Spencer.

Also I don’t think he’s referring to the console launch lineup, just the general lineup for the first year or two.

Last edited:
But do we know if Souls is launch yet or not?

Sounds like they are trying to get it for launch and if not then shortly after.

It hasn't been confirmed yet but it also hasn't been given a date either. It probably will arrive at launch or shortly after.

Edit: Added another tweet that I found interesting.

Last edited:

Dr Bass

This phrase was dumb when Spencer used it. It's dumb when this guy uses it.

One of the reasons is what a game means to someone is still highly subjective. Is this guy telling me that the lineup coming is better than the PS1 "lineup" we had in 98 when Metal Gear Solid and Xenogears released on the same freakin' day? Maybe THAT was the "greatest lineup in Playstation history." And that was just one moment for the PS1. We have the rest of that systems life, and the 2-4 still left to cover.

So basically, marketing people continue to be marketing people (i.e. inane).

Based on the preceding wording, he seems to be referencing the launch window lineup. This may not be that far fetched given the historic PlayStation launch lineups.

Hissing Sid

Guy who works for company that sells Y proclaims to potential consumers of Y, that Y is indeed the most wonderful letter of the alphabet evar, and you should be totally confident in your future purchasing decisions concerning product Y.

Perrott

Gold Member
Head of global marketing praises their product.
Shocker.

I Don't believe Marketing leads or Phil Spencer
:rolleyes:

Well, why don't you look at the games then? There are ten - or even more - first-party titles (Miles Morales, Gran Turismo 7, Ratchet & Clank, Returnal, Sackboy, Destruction All Stars, Astro's Playroom, Demon's Souls, Silent Hill, Horizon: Forbidden West) planned for PlayStation 5's first year.

Why are y'all calling this statement bullshit instead of looking at the facts?

Well, why don't you look at the games then? There are ten - or even more - first-party titles (Miles Morales, Gran Turismo 7, Ratchet & Clank, Returnal, Sackboy, Destruction All Stars, Astro's Playroom, Demon's Souls, Silent Hill, Horizon: Forbidden West) planned for PlayStation 5's first year.

Do we actually have confirmation that all of these are planned for the 1st year of PS5?

CamHostage

Well remember that numerous "insiders" have said that Sony is "holding back" quite a bit of game announcements.

So most of those titles will probably end up being launch titles.

It'd be great if it happened, but I doubt it? One or two surprises would be nice, but even then, it's hard to hold out hope for titles Sony is holding back when we could list their studios who aren't already accounted for. (It'd be great if SCE Santa Monica had a project in the works beyond the one we know they have, but God of War won't be a launch title...)

I don't think he's talking about a launch line-up, he's talking about what is in the pipeline for the immediate future (the "launch window") and maybe even beyond.

Given that games take so long to develop these days, I think marketing managers see the products in the shop so often that it's all just the "line-up" (also, he may be counting "enhanced" releases of available games, like Microsoft is.) (Also note, he's talking about both 1st- and 3rd-Party, so AC Valhalla and Dirt 5 are in "the line-up".) Reading the article (and BTW, it's a very small bit of the interview, but of course it got clipped out because that's how hype work, even for a forum like GAF that has no moneyhats to win from clickbait...), I don't get the impression that an onslaught of big secrets are still to come before the impact of the November/December launch phase-1 is over. "We've revealed some of that content, and naturally there will be more to come...", that doesn't seem IMO like that big a hook to hang those insiders' hats on.

Last edited:

llLeonhart

Can I play any of these games? Is there at least reviews for those titles?

Why are you so defensive?

Don't get me wrong I'm getting PS5 day one, and for the upgrades to games I love alone I think it will be a great acquisition, but c'mon now, believing marketing departments is just naive.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
What they have shown had been Pretty average so far. I don't know wtf he's talking about.

Show dont tell and if you dont have gameplay to show, just stfu.

Klayzer

Too soon Eric. Haven't recovered from the disappointing shows so far. Though, a Demon Souls and Spiderman launch games would be pretty effing strong.

It'd be nice, but I doubt it? One or two surprises would be nice, but even then, it's hard to hold out hope for titles Sony is holding back when the list seems short of the studios who aren't already accounted for. (It'd be great if SCE Santa Monica had a project in the works beyond the one we know they have, but God of War won't be a launch title...)

I don't think he's talking about a launch line-up, he's talking about what is in the pipeline for the immediate future (the "launch window") and maybe even beyond.

Given that games take so long to develop these days, I think marketing managers see the products in the shop so often that it's all just the "line-up" (also, he may be counting "enhanced" releases of available games, like Microsoft is.) (Also note, he's talking about both 1st- and 3rd-Party, so AC Valhalla and Dirt 5 are in "the line-up".) Reading the article (and BTW, it's a very small bit of the interview, but of course it got clipped out because that's how hype work, even for a forum like GAF that has no moneyhats to win from clickbait...), I don't get the impression that an onslaught of big secrets are still to come before the impact of the November/December launch phase-1 is over. "We've revealed some of that content, and naturally there will be more to come...", that doesn't seem IMO like that big a hook to hang those insiders' hats on.

Don't just look at it their own internal studios

Out of the 8 first party games they've revealed, 4 of them are being developed by third-party studios.

Top Bottom