• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ELDEN RING |OT| One Ring To Rule Them All

Pakoe

Anyone playing on PC with mods? Had the game on PS5 but itching for a melee run on PC.

Last edited:

Jedi0608

started a 4th run a week ago in hopes shadow of the erdtree drops soon. Finally decided to make a faith build with blasphemous blade and Jesus Christ it really is easy mode now. I’m typically a dex player, and I’m not sure I’ll stick with it the entire time given how much this trivializes the same, but I can’t deny how satisfying it feels to down a boss in less than 5-10 seconds with this thing 🤣

Any recommendations?
It is difficult to recommend something that is so preference based. I suppose there are a few things that are universally useful:

Bloodborne Dash: https://www.nexusmods.com/eldenring/mods/1404
Max Item Discovery: https://www.nexusmods.com/eldenring/mods/3018
Air Hop : https://www.nexusmods.com/eldenring/mods/2274
Boss Serpent Hunter: https://www.nexusmods.com/eldenring/mods/642
Torrent Everywhere: https://www.nexusmods.com/eldenring/mods/2010 (Requires map file conversion since included files outdated)

P.S. All of them need Mod Engine and for you to play offline.
https://github.com/soulsmods/ModEngine2/releases

Last edited:

Jedi0608

Got the platinum today on NG+4 :D

I never been to the west side of Mountaintops + Haligtree and I was shocked at the size of these area's

Beyond excited for the DLC but I'm not sure if it was wise to go NG+4
Same reason I started a new build not too long ago. I got halfway through NG+3 and then I was like well fuck the DLC is hopefully coming out soon, I don’t wanna get spanked by those new bosses lol.

Soodanim

Gold Member
Same reason I started a new build not too long ago. I got halfway through NG+3 and then I was like well fuck the DLC is hopefully coming out soon, I don’t wanna get spanked by those new bosses lol.
That's my entire Souls MO. My first time through the DLC is always with my original save, and that original save is usually on about NG+4 by the time the DLC hits. All of my other saves by that point are gimmick characters, and I would never want to take a non-generalist character into DLC and not be able to try out all the new gear!

Side rant: I'm still annoyed by From's insistence on only having 10 saves. I've had to delete many more saves that I've kept, and there's really no reason to not let us have more save files with modern storage limits - even 50 would be better. PS1 let you use all 15 memory card slots if you wanted, so in that regard From is worse than a console from the 90s.

Pakoe

It is difficult to recommend something that is so preference based. I suppose there are a few things that are universally useful:

Bloodborne Dash: https://www.nexusmods.com/eldenring/mods/1404
Max Item Discovery: https://www.nexusmods.com/eldenring/mods/3018
Air Hop : https://www.nexusmods.com/eldenring/mods/2274
Boss Serpent Hunter: https://www.nexusmods.com/eldenring/mods/642
Torrent Everywhere: https://www.nexusmods.com/eldenring/mods/2010 (Requires map file conversion since included files outdated)

P.S. All of them need Mod Engine and for you to play offline.
https://github.com/soulsmods/ModEngine2/releases
Appreciate it!

That's my entire Souls MO. My first time through the DLC is always with my original save, and that original save is usually on about NG+4 by the time the DLC hits. All of my other saves by that point are gimmick characters, and I would never want to take a non-generalist character into DLC and not be able to try out all the new gear!

Side rant: I'm still annoyed by From's insistence on only having 10 saves. I've had to delete many more saves that I've kept, and there's really no reason to not let us have more save files with modern storage limits - even 50 would be better. PS1 let you use all 15 memory card slots if you wanted, so in that regard From is worse than a console from the 90s.
When the DLC is released I think I am going to start a simple Dragon Communion and Bloody Helice build myself. However, I may change my decision if none of the DLC weapons scale well with Arcane.

Jedi0608

That’s a really good call. I still have saves from my OG blood katana build, and dual spear dex builds actually. Will be fun to play around with all of the different options when DLC does hit. Can always respec too. I just want to point out even though I lurk 95% of the time, you’ve given some fantastic guidance on this thread and it’s very much appreciated.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I think when the DLC hits I'm gonna go with my INT/STR build, I like this build because I have nice option for both melee and magic and I'm sure it have plenty new weapons that will scale either with INT or STR.

I have like 3x pure STR characters, a STR/FTH character, and a STR/DEX quality build or two and 2x pure DEX losers all hanging around, all waiting. Spread over the XSX and PS5 too, so I'll have to buy it twice :(

Soodanim

Gold Member
That’s a really good call. I still have saves from my OG blood katana build, and dual spear dex builds actually. Will be fun to play around with all of the different options when DLC does hit. Can always respec too. I just want to point out even though I lurk 95% of the time, you’ve given some fantastic guidance on this thread and it’s very much appreciated.
I appreciate you saying that, thank you!

Thinking about it after seeing people's builds and ideas, I think I'm most looking forward to the unique melee weapons that do something differently. I always find that those stand out for me, and with the customisation of L2s we could really get some interesting stuff.

In DS1 it wasn't the dark spells that grabbed me, it was Artorias flips so I could jump off and land wild plunging attacks on bosses. In DS3 it was the sword and shield pair weapon that had an interesting unique moveset. I'm very intrigued to see what a DLC this long in the making has.

Having said that, the spells (all kinds) in ER have been very varied and very fun, and assuming the new content expands there too we may be in for a wild ride.

Danjin44

WHERE.....IS.....MY......FUCKING......DLC!!!!
giphy.gif

Fuck yeah, been waiting for this video to drop. Highly recommend this channel for awesome "making-of" videos with a specific focus on FromSoft.

I love this channel, been watching the making of videos since the Demon's Souls ones. I love learning about the development process of games, and thankfully there's a lot of information available on Fromsoftware. I also love the AI voice he uses, it's very pleasant to listen to.

He's currently editing a 7 hour version lol.
This guy is a workhorse. Absolutely insane amounts of content produced in such a short timeframe.
I love this channel, been watching the making of videos since the Demon's Souls ones. I love learning about the development process of games, and thankfully there's a lot of information available on Fromsoftware. I also love the AI voice he uses, it's very pleasant to listen to.
I've been watching these videos during my workouts; they're super engaging and make the time fly by. Wasn't aware it was AI voice! Damn, I just thought the narration was incredibly consistent. No wonder he can get these videos out so fast lol.

Hohenheim

I only use mods that enhance the game,not adding stuff. I want to play the game as intended, and wouldn't feel the joy of overcoming challenges if I "cheated" with mods.
So I use a fps unlocker (playing in 4K 165fps), and a mod that removes all stuttering. And a reshade mod that really makes the game pop. Colours and contrast looks so much better.
Game is silk smooth and beautiful with these mods added.
Huge step up from console versions, both graphically and smoothness-wise.

Edit: the quote from Pakoe Pakoe disappeared, but this was a reply to the question about mods.

Last edited:

Pakoe

I only use mods that enhance the game,not adding stuff. I want to play the game as intended, and wouldn't feel the joy of overcoming challenges if I "cheated" with mods.
So I use a fps unlocker (playing in 4K 165fps), and a mod that removes all stuttering. And a reshade mod that really makes the game pop. Colours and contrast looks so much better.
Game is silk smooth and beautiful with these mods added.
Huge step up from console versions, both graphically and smoothness-wise.

Edit: the quote from Pakoe Pakoe disappeared, but this was a reply to the question about mods.
I got a few QoL mods:

Skip the intro
Remove black bars
21:9 UI fixes
Increase animation distance
FPS unlocker
Remove vignette
Fix the camera
FOV adjuster
Stutter fix
PS4 controller icons

It's a night and day difference between this on my PC and the version I played on the PS5.

Last edited:

Soodanim

Gold Member
I got a few QoL mods:

Skip the intro
Remove black bars
FPS unlocker
Remove vignette
Fix the camera
FOV adjuster
Stutter fix
PS4 controller icons

It's a night and day difference between this on my PC and the version I played on the PS5.
No CA disabler?

Hohenheim

I got a few QoL mods:

Skip the intro
Remove black bars
FPS unlocker
Remove vignette
Fix the camera
FOV adjuster
Stutter fix
PS4 controller icons

Sounds perfect.
And yeah, Elden Ring well "prepared" on PC is dimensions better than the console versions. And considering how much better From got between Elden R And Armored Core 6 (in the PC space), I have high hopes (first time) for their next title in regards of performance.

Alright fellas, the Elden Ring DLC may be upon us but I've decided to take a trip to Yharnam. I'm already around 9 hours in and I've reached the Blood-Starved Beast. The lack of shields took some time getting used to but now I know to manage my distance and take advantage of the bullet parry system (whatever it's called). I like that the healing item is a consumable, but having to farm a little bit to replenish my supply of vials and bullets (after dying to a bosss) is kinda tedious. But that's okay. I'm impressed by the atmosphere here and the amount of details.

It feels so good to be back to a Souls game.

NEJDfaP.jpg

I'd like a couple of Stormveil-quality dungeons and some weapons that scale with some of the less used stats. In terms of bosses, I dunno. If they're harder than Malenia then I don't think I'll enjoy them.

Danjin44

If they're harder than Malenia then I don't think I'll enjoy them.
I would say I had much harder time dealing with Maliketh compare to Malenia….I personally enjoyed her fight a lot.

I personally don’t want another super big bosses like Fire giant in the DLC.

Last edited:
I would say I had much harder time dealing with Maliketh compare to Malenia….I personally enjoyed her fight a lot.

I personally don’t want another super big bosses like Fire giant in the DLC.
I'd enjoy her a lot more if she didn't recover health with every hit/block.

Fire Giant and the Foreskin Duo are way worse, though. Overall I love most of the bosses.

Danjin44

I'd enjoy her a lot more if she didn't recover health with every hit/block.
Haligtree is near end game area, at this point you should completed your build and with fully upgraded weapon, with that you can easily out damage her healing even without Blood/Frost buildup.

S0ULZB0URNE

Maybe just maybe the DLC announcement happens at the Nintendo Direct along with the Switch successor and a Elden Ring for it announcement?

Danjin44

You should focus on another game. Dragon's Dogma 2 and Lies of P come highly recommended.

I have plenty of games to play this Feb and March to keep me busy....almost too much games coming out.

But with that being said, isn't ABOUT TIME to see something? trailer?.....literality ANYTHING!?

Its crazy to me they being radio silent about it this long.

S0ULZB0URNE

Nah, thats a cope lol. I think were getting an Anniversary Trailer, I just hope its a shadow drop.
It's coming I was thinking if Nintendo unveiled its new device this February that it would host the announcement but it looks like Namco will have to do it themselves...
Unless Philip surprises everyone next week and shows it?

Top Bottom