• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dualsense Edge battery size is significant smaller, capacity 1050mAh (down from 1560mAh of normal Dualsense)

Errrr, PSVR 2 costs $550
And several PSVR1 games have already been announced to have upgrades

But you know that already
PS5 needed for PS VR2 = at least $400 (DE)
PS VR2 = $550
PS VR2 game = $60

Total to play one game on PS VR2 = $1,010

I am not trying to bash on the PS VR2 or the dualsense edge. They are both great pieces of new tech (minus the bad battery life for the edge). I am simply saying Sony missed the mark on the price points.

Last edited:
I think the elite series 2 is double the size and they claim 40 hours charge.

I may buy a bigger battery for the regular dualsense when it starts to last less than 2-3hrs. Installation is very simple.

mrmustard

Banned
Everybody crying about the battery life while my problem is the glossy finish on the front. I almost hate that material more than leatherette.

midnightAI

PS5 needed for PS VR2 = at least $400 (DE)
PS VR2 = $550
PS VR2 game = $60

Total to play one game on PS VR2 = $1,010

I am not trying to bash on the PS VR2 or the dualsense edge. They are both great pieces of new tech (minus the bad battery life for the edge). I am simply saying Sony missed the mark on the price points.
Sorry, thought you already had a PS5.... like the majority of people will be buying PSVR 2. And if not then most (all?) people will be buying the PS5 for flat screen gaming as awell as VR, so the argument is silly. Does that mean the controller costs $700 also?

REDRZA MWS

Horrendous. The dual sense battery life is already atrocious. Now they want 200 bucks for a “premium” controller with even less battery life? Whoever made this decision must me fired, immediately.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
I dare someone to buy that thing be my guest that’s just an unforgivable price and battery life and you lose simplicity and you got to have a cord plugged in.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
I dare someone to buy that thing be my guest that’s just an unforgivable price and battery life and you lose simplicity and you got to have a cord plugged in.
I bought 2 and pretty damn happy with them, nice quality of life additions

Kristen Bell Idk GIF by Team Coco

Andodalf

Banned
My thoughts are that this isn't right for a controller that's $200.

However;
1. Since the shell is the same and you're adding additional hardware maybe they couldn't fit a bigger battery.
2. It's a Pro Controller, majority of Pro audience will use it wired anyway to reduce input latency.
Funnily enough the dual sense doesn’t have better input lag when wired, unless updates recently have changed that

X-Wing

The battery life of the DualSense always comes up as criticism but personally I never had battery issues with any of my controllers. I play 4-5 hours, set them on the dock and they are ready to go when I want to play again. Considering the features it has I think the battery life is pretty OK and besides It's not like I'm having to buy batteries for them.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
My Mom told me this last night when she tucked me in. She said "Son, there are two kinds of people in this life. There's vile people who can't afford the Dualsense Edge and their ugly nature forces them to complain about it online. Then there are beautiful pro gamers."

I had to go to bed early because my battery died but I never slept so well in my life. This controller is Gods gift to pro gamers everywhere.

PSYGN

My Mom told me this last night when she tucked me in. She said "Son, there are two kinds of people in this life. There's vile people who can't afford the Dualsense Edge and their ugly nature forces them to complain about it online. Then there are beautiful pro gamers."

I had to go to bed early because my battery died but I never slept so well in my life. This controller is Gods gift to pro gamers everywhere.
Let's not get carried away now

sainraja

So, after some use, the battery life could be longer, would have been great if it was since the controller is pretty nice; how that will affect you depends entirely on how you like to play games. If you find yourself playing for long hours, say more than 6-7 hours in a single session then you can probably skip, specially if it will end up being your sole controller.

It is fine for me due to how long I play in a single session but I wouldn't have complained if they had given us a longer battery life! Hopefully the next iteration will give us more time, because it really is a nice controller.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I absolutely love this controller. Thank you Sony. Very smart design, funcion buttons were genius, two paddle styles are both great. The trigger locks are so useful. As is the software and profiles. Such a huge upgrade.

Forsete

5 hours 23 minutes is what I got out of my Edge (well, that is when the prompt was shown, I didn't completely drain the battery because I don't want to damage the cell).

I normally don't play such long sessions, but I was home from work and was curious to see what the battery life really was like after all the hype.
Not an huge issue for me. I normally charge my controller every second session (when you turn off the console you see the battery bar anyway, if it is low just connect it).
For the lulz I tried connecting the USB-C cable with the locking thingy, and I didn't find it annoying at all (thought I would).

The controller is really great otherwise. The triggers have these nice grippy textured surface on them and I think the movement on the triggers are a bit smoother. The buttons feel a bit different as well, more clicky I would say (biggest difference you'll notice on the share and options buttons).
Using the convex low profile joystick tops and I like them a lot.

Last edited:
How is this thing so heavy with a tiny battery!!

edit: the braided cable is really long. I can't see a problem with the battery being an issue if I did a long session which only happens in Souls games.

Last edited:

reinking

Gold Member
If I am being honest with myself the battery life would probably be okay for me since I hardly ever have marathon gaming sessions these days. That being said, I think I am going to pass.

Top Bottom