• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney Classic Games Collection (Aladdin, The Lion King, and The Jungle Book) has been rated for PC, PS4, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, Xbox Series

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Rating Summary
This is a collection of classic platformers based on the Disney movies Aladdin, The Lion King, and The Jungle Book. Players run and jump through levels, using swords, fruit, or swipe-and-pounce attacks to strike enemies (e.g., guards, birds, snakes, monkeys). Combat is highlighted by sword-slashing sounds and cries of pain; enemies disappear amid puffs of smoke when defeated. Some enemies and bosses shoot projectiles (e.g., arrows) at players' character.

Last edited:

amigastar

I loved those games back on the SNES. Great animations like what you get from Disney basically.

Last edited:

Kev Kev

The SNES lion king is some bullshit. Aladdin is the only one worth playing
Aladdin was amazing, played it for hours and hours. The Lion King can fuck right off. Even if I made it to the second level of that bitch, and that’s IF I made it, I would quit out of frustration trying to get to the third level 😂

Andyliini

Maybe they got rights from Capcom to add the SNES version of Aladdin this time around as well? Contrary to the popular opinion, I liked that more than the Mega Drive version.

Kazza

Let's hope it's the SNES version of Aladdin and not the inferior Genesis game.

triple-h-disgusted.gif

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Now Disney has shelled out the shekels and got the rights to the game in this new collection. Oh and now The Jungle Book is along for the ride as well. The new updated package will go on sale on this November.

The elephant in the room though, this is being touted as an entirely new release – we’re not sure if those who bought the first incarnation will get access to the SNES version of Aladdin or The Jungle Book.

Aladdin includes difficulty adjustments, camera changes and ‘additional surprises’. All games include updates to 1080p graphics, you can rewind gameplay up to 15 seconds and even fast forward through the game as well. The games also include quick save.

You’ll be able to listen to the entire soundtracks for the game as well.

• Games included in this Collection:
    • Disney’s Aladdin: SNES, Game Boy, Game Boy Color, Sega MegaDrive
    • Disney’s Aladdin – Final Cut: Sega Mega Drive
    • Disney’s Aladdin – Demo Version: Sega Mega Drive
    • Disney’s Aladdin – Japanese Version: Sega Mega Drive
    • Disney The Lion King: SNES, Game Boy, Game Boy Color, Sega MegaDrive
    • Disney The Lion King – Japanese Version: Sega Mega Drive
    • Disney The Jungle Book: SNES, Game Boy, Sega Mega Drive
129645_1920px.jpg

Rykan

It's great that they are including the Genesis/Megadrive version of Aladdin along with the Best version of Aladdin.

Last edited:

Rykan

Why is the PS5 omitted from the platform listing? I know through PS4 we'll have access to it but still curious about that.
Probably because it will just be released on the PS4 which also makes it available on the PS5. There won't be a specific PS5 version.

CamHostage

The package it always should have been, plus The Jungle Book.

Why is the PS5 omitted from the platform listing? I know through PS4 we'll have access to it but still curious about that.

Xbox One / Series tend to get lumped together in a product listing since there's that combination-executeable system (and also, the same delivery package can be included in one single box,) whereas with PS4/PS5, they qualify and must be released as two separate products. You're still probably getting the same product with little if any optimization in the Xbox One/Series release version (not that you'd expect them to do a lot with 30-year-old games on next-gen hardware,) but it's registered to run on both, whereas the PS5 plays the PS4 version as BC.

It's kind of clouded the Xbox library, IMO (and it's a little "sneaky" that MS is saying it has Xbox Series games that are just One games conformed to play on both,) as I'd prefer a clearer designation of what games are made for what, but that's an old-school/old-man way of thinking... we don't make distinctions for what gen of PC a game is made for, it just scales to what you play it on so long as it meets the reqs. So, ultimately, unless the game actually runs better with a Series release and a PS5 player suffers with a lesser-version to play, there's probably no real reason to care.

Last edited:

Bullet Club

Disney Classic Games Collection is the latest and greatest compilation of classic Disney games based on some of the most beloved Disney movies of all time: Aladdin, The Lion King, and now, The Jungle Book! This package combines Disney Classic Games: Aladdin and The Lion King with the ALL NEW “The Jungle Book and MORE Aladdin Pack”. Now you can play ALL of the critically acclaimed 16-Bit console versions of “Aladdin”, along with classic games based on Disney’s “The Jungle Book”! These all-new, fan requested, and beloved games complete this collection, making this the only way to experience all 16-bit console versions of Aladdin and The Jungle Book.

jaysius

Banned
Disney are the most foul at selling these ROMs for rip off factor, Nintendo can learn a thing or two about ripping off nostalgia fiends.

jigglet

Banned
If they were smart, they'd charge $9.95 on PS5 and XB, and on Switch, split them up and sell them separately for $59.95 each.

Top Bottom