• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aladdin and The Lion King collection is $8 on Xbox

• Thread starter Deleted member 801069
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 801069

Unconfirmed Member
Thought I would share this, loved these games to death growing up and this seems like a great deal

Multiple Game Versions: Play through several different versions of the beloved Aladdin and The Lion King games that have been created over the years, including both console and handheld versions. An all-new “Final Cut” version of Aladdin, developed exclusively for this collection, is also included and features difficulty adjustments, camera refinements, bug fixes, as well as a few additional surprises for fans.

Display Options and Updated Visuals: 1080P graphics and enhancements for modern HD TVs Adjustable screen aspect ratios and borders Custom filter options designed to replicate classic CRT TVs and other popular screen types In-Game

Rewind: Instantly rewind any of the games in real-time in order to retry difficult areas

Interactive Game Viewer: View full game playthroughs, with the ability to skip forward, jump in, and start playing at any point

Save Feature: Quickly save your progress in each of the games and continue your adventure wherever and whenever you want

Museum Features: Take a journey behind-the-scenes and learn more about the creation of these incredible games. Watch video interviews with the original development teams or explore numerous galleries containing hundreds of previously unreleased HD concept images and marketing assets.

Soundtrack: Listen to the entire soundtracks for both games in the included music players. The ability to repeat and shuffle the songs is also supported.

Enjay

Banned
One you had to actually play against it though and the other leaves you to figure out only limited supply apples can hurt him.

D

Deleted member 801069

Unconfirmed Member
One you had to actually play against it though and the other leaves you to figure out only limited supply apples can hurt him.
I barely remember it

guess it’s time for a replay

Kagey K

Banned
Is this in 4:3 or unprezzed to 16:9?

Edit: nevermind looked it up myself. 4:3 with borders around it.

Last edited:
its missing aladdin on snes though.
giphy.gif

#TeamSega

Wonko_C

I would pick it up only if they paid ME $8, and only to watch the supplemental materials. Those games are quite the stinkers. Even the Master System version of Aladdin plays better.

Once I got past the pretty graphics on Genesis Aladdin (which was after a few minutes), it was the usual western game jank of the era. Snes Aladdin might not be a great game, but it has good controls, solid collision detection, and actual level design. Too bad the Lion King on SNES was the same game as the Genesis version and not made by Capcom.

Last edited:

Tazzu

I would pick it up only if they paid ME $8, and only to watch the supplemental materials. Those games are quite the stinkers. Even the Master System version of Aladdin plays better.

Once I got past the pretty graphics on Genesis Aladdin (which was after a few minutes), it was the usual western game jank of the era. Snes Aladdin might not be a great game, but it has good controls, solid collision detection, and actual level design. Too bad the Lion King on SNES was the same game as the Genesis version and not made by Capcom.
Aladdin is playable, Lion King on the hand is barely controllable.

graywolf323

Thats odd. Two seconds ago it was £5.99, now it's £11.99

The hells that about?

looks like the MSRP had been $20 and it was 60% off that price, but it's now 60% off $30 (so here in the U.S. it went from $8 to $12)

MSRP at release was $30 so I thought it had a price cut (but it had stayed $30 on eShop) since it dropped to $20 on PSN as well (no sale there though) but I guess that was a mistake? it hasn't gone back up to $30 on PSN yet though

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
looks like the MSRP had been $20 and it was 60% off that price, but it's now 60% off $30 (so here in the U.S. it went from $8 to $12)

MSRP at release was $30 so I thought it had a price cut (but it had stayed $30 on eShop) since it dropped to $20 on PSN as well (no sale there though) but I guess that was a mistake? it hasn't gone back up to $30 on PSN yet though
I would have bit at £5.99 but not a chance at £11.99. I ended up buying Zanki Zero for £10 over on PSN. Got to be worth a try I guess.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Thought I would share this, loved these games to death growing up and this seems like a great deal

Multiple Game Versions: Play through several different versions of the beloved Aladdin and The Lion King games that have been created over the years, including both console and handheld versions. An all-new “Final Cut” version of Aladdin, developed exclusively for this collection, is also included and features difficulty adjustments, camera refinements, bug fixes, as well as a few additional surprises for fans.

Display Options and Updated Visuals: 1080P graphics and enhancements for modern HD TVs Adjustable screen aspect ratios and borders Custom filter options designed to replicate classic CRT TVs and other popular screen types In-Game

Rewind: Instantly rewind any of the games in real-time in order to retry difficult areas

Interactive Game Viewer: View full game playthroughs, with the ability to skip forward, jump in, and start playing at any point

Save Feature: Quickly save your progress in each of the games and continue your adventure wherever and whenever you want

Museum Features: Take a journey behind-the-scenes and learn more about the creation of these incredible games. Watch video interviews with the original development teams or explore numerous galleries containing hundreds of previously unreleased HD concept images and marketing assets.

Soundtrack: Listen to the entire soundtracks for both games in the included music players. The ability to repeat and shuffle the songs is also supported.
Very very good collection, might triple dip for the XSX DPad alone (although the face buttons are not the bestest ever requiring a firm press else sometimes they may not register and in these games you want every tap to count 😂). Prefer the CRT filter in the Disney Afternoon Collection, but yes I was waiting for a price drop here lol.

Edit: did triple dip (Switch, PS4/PS5, XSX).

Last edited:
Mega Drive version of Aladdin is the first console game I ever played (got the Aladdin pack in Mega Drive for Christmas). Mad nostalgia vibes.

Top Bottom