• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda BotW and 1-2-Switch ESRB ratings

Skeletos311

http://nintendoeverything.com/zelda-breath-of-the-wild-1-2-switch-receive-esrb-ratings/

http://www.esrb.org/ratings/Synopsi...Title=The+Legend+of+Zelda:+Breath+of+the+Wild

The Zelda one is the best.
Rated E10

Content Descriptors: Fantasy Violence, Mild Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol
Rating Summary: This is an adventure game in which players assume the role of Link on a quest to stop a growing evil in the land of Hyrule. As players explore the open-world environment, they can forage for materials, explore shrines, and engage in melee-style combat against fantastical creatures (e.g., goblins, skeletons, centaurs). Players use swords, axes, clubs, and bows to defeat enemies that generally disappear amid puffs of smoke. One brief sequence depicts a battlefield strewn with the bodies of enemy creatures; in the background, a few bodies appear to be impaled by spears. The game contains some mildly suggestive material: fairies with moderate cleavage and/or exaggerated-size breasts; dialogue such as "I get to see a young hunk draw a bow again?" and "If I have to have something pounce on me, why couldn't it be a lady?" During the course of the game, a shop owner tells Link that she only serves "...drinks that are definitely just for adults..."; players can also encounter a drunken character that occasionally hiccups.

http://www.esrb.org/ratings/Synopsis.aspx?Certificate=34759&Title=1-2-Switch
1-2-Switch
Rated E10

Content Descriptors: Mild Violence
Rating Summary: This is a collection of motion-controlled mini-games set in a party-like atmosphere. Players can engage in activities such as table tennis, capture the flag, quick-draw shootouts, samurai training, wizard duels, and sword fighting. A handful of these mini-games depict violent acts: a boxing mini-game contains a brief animation of opponents throwing punches at each other; wizard duels depict two figures with wands fighting for control over a beam of energy; the sword-fighting mini-game contains clashing sound effects, while the samurai training depicts characters being conked on the head.

Lulubop

image.php

BY2K

Membero Americo
I'm guessing the impaled bodies aren't really a focus in the shots they are in if it's not enough to push it to a T.

Twilight Princess was really dark with quite a few dead guys to talk to.

Also this,

twilight_princess_hd-7.jpg

Not to mention Zant's entire storyline with his
God being Ganondorf
and his last appearance being his
neck snapping

What? I thought that was T and Donkey Kong Jungle Beat was the first to have E10.

E10 was introduced in 2005 (year Shadow came out) and you're right that DK was the first game to receive that rating. Shadow was originally rated T, but Sega changed some stuff and resubmitted it at the last minute. The final game was rated E10.

They mainly cut some swears, cut the onscreen depiction of Maria getting shot, and changed the alien blood from red to green.

Skeletos311

Twilight Princess HD rating - http://www.esrb.org/ratings/Synopsi...0&Title=Legend+of+Zelda:+Twilight+Princess+HD

Content Descriptors: Animated Blood, Fantasy Violence
Rating Summary: This is an action-adventure game in which players assume the role of Link, a young hero who must save a fantasy kingdom by defeating an evil villain. From a third-person perspective, players explore caves/dungeons, solve puzzles, and use swords, arrows, bombs, and magic to defeat enemy creatures (e.g., skeletons, spiders, dragons, plant creatures). Some sequences allow players to use ranged weapons/abilities from a first-person perspective; one section allows players to engage in a one-on-one sword-fight with a boss character. Cutscenes occasionally depict characters impaled by swords or shot with arrows; one boss creature emits small puffs of purple fluid when stabbed.

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
This actually makes me really hopeful that the NPC's will be fun and memorable, lol.

Twilight Princess was fuckin dark, grim, and violent. I just finished playing through it all the way for the first time about a week ago and I was shocked at how unsettling parts of it were.

Twilight Princess was fuckin dark, grim, and violent. I just finished playing through it all the way for the first time about a week ago and I was shocked at how unsettling parts of it were.

Yeah
Ice level plus boss and Evil Link hallucination

Spoilers just case some haven't play it

Biggest megaton for me is
Lynels
appear to be in!!

Oh and someone at the ESRB got to play the full game. Screw you, whoever you are.

Pinky

Banned
Content Descriptors: Fantasy Violence, Mild Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol
Rating Summary: This is an adventure game in which players assume the role of Link on a quest to stop a growing evil in the land of Hyrule. As players explore the open-world environment, they can forage for materials, explore shrines, and engage in melee-style combat against fantastical creatures (e.g., goblins, skeletons, centaurs). Players use swords, axes, clubs, and bows to defeat enemies that generally disappear amid puffs of smoke. One brief sequence depicts a battlefield strewn with the bodies of enemy creatures; in the background, a few bodies appear to be impaled by spears. The game contains some mildly suggestive material: fairies with moderate cleavage and/or exaggerated-size breasts; dialogue such as "I get to see a young hunk draw a bow again?" and "If I have to have something pounce on me, why couldn't it be a lady?" During the course of the game, a shop owner tells Link that she only serves "...drinks that are definitely just for adults..."; players can also encounter a drunken character that occasionally hiccups.

GOTY confirmed.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
E10+ seems about right nowadays.

E10+ existed in 2008, so the change from Smash Bros Brawl to Smash 3DS/Wii U's rating might not have had to do with Snake. Skyward Sword's T in 2011 to this may also not have anything to do with lighter content so much as I think the ESRB is just more comfortable using the E10+ rating nowadays, which makes sense. The new Smash and DQVII's E10+ make this seem like it would be the obvious rating choice. It's consistent.

Top Bottom