• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Serious Sam Collection rated by ESRB for PS4/Xbox One

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
Courtesy of Gematsu.

The ESRB, the board that rates all upcoming games, has now listed a rating for The Serious Sam Collection. ESRB rating says:
ESRB Rating Description said:
Serious Sam Collection
Platform: PlayStation 4, Xbox One
Rating Category:
M.png

Content Descriptors: Blood and Gore, Drug Reference, Intense Violence, Partial Nudity, Strong Language
Rating Summary: This is a collection of first-person shooters in which players battle aliens and monsters in frenetic combat. Players use pistols, machine guns, shotguns, and sledgehammers to kill numerous creatures. Large blood-splatter effects occur during combat. Enemies are sometimes shown blowing themselves up into bursts of limbs and blood. Players are also able to rip the eyes out of creatures' heads and/or rip the hearts out of soldier-like aliens. During the course of the game, harpy-like enemies are depicted topless (though usually from a distance). One character briefly references drugs in the dialogue (e.g., “I'm supposed to be doin' blow off a stripper's a*s right now.”). The words “f**k” and “sh*t” appear in dialogue.

Trivia: A Serious Sam Collection was previously released in 2013, consisting of Serious Sam HD First and Second Encounters, Serious Sam 3 BFE and the Jewel of the Nile DLC, and Serious Sam Double D XXL. This might be the same collection ported over to current-gen consoles (Likely using their new Fusion framework) or a new collection consisting of different games.

Red's Response to this news:

Heck yes! Really fun franchise.

"Your face looks like it was drawn by a 2 year old with crayons clenched between their butt cheeks"

Last edited:

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
Fantastic games, although to me it's funny that they never bothered to make an update of SS2.
There was talk a year or so ago that they were going to give it a remaster treatment (or atleast make it better compatible), but yeah, SS2 is really the black sheep of the franchise, and many people disliked it.

A shame though. I found it the funniest part in the entire series, but i guess i am a sucker for the over-the-top humor of that one.

I notice Serious Sam Double D XXL is missing in the description. Wonder if it got dropped. I have the collection for 360 and was hoping they would make it backward compatible. meh.

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
I already have this on the 360. Why not make is BC? I would really like this on the Switch. It would looks and run great.

Oooops. Portbegging. I guess I'm banned!......................................oh wait this isn't the OTHER forum.................Wheeew!

Top Bottom