• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney/20th Century Returns to Theatrical Exclusivity Following Shang-Chi's Success

6cbe0389dfb426ef34e89a27ac8e8a85.gif

I'd like to thank Scarlet for her sacrifice. She got royally screwed.

gatti-man

Number of cinemas does not show how many people go to those cinemas tho. I haven't seen a fully filled theater in years, not even halfway full if I think about it, and the revenue numbers seem to confirm that less and less people are wanting to go to a theater unless is some AAA overhyped blockbuster movie like Avengers or F&F, but if you look beyond those kind of movies, the future doesn't look bright for smaller/more ambitious projects. I think all those subscription-based streaming services will soon have to increase their fees if that's where people want to watch the content and the movies still being profitable. Because increasing ticket prices in cinemas will only make more people move away from them.
Shang chi had numerous sold out theaters. I know I was in one in a suburb of Austin at 6pm not even the weekend. Movie theaters still sell out even now.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I have a 65" CX, 2 SVS subs, an HDMI 2.1 Denon, and 5 Infiniti speakers. I'll wait for the home releases if their movies are even interesting.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Shang chi had numerous sold out theaters. I know I was in one in a suburb of Austin at 6pm not even the weekend. Movie theaters still sell out even now.

For how long did they sell out? For what price did they sell out? Were they actually full or did the higher ups buy seats/tickets and give them out?

I can buy every seat in my local theatre for 3 days straight, does that mean the film is a success and that theatres are going strong? No, of course not. Using a metric of "This movie sold out!" does not mean that theatres are succeeding. Just means that they had one or two good nights. A handful of good nights does not a successful theatre make.

I have a 65" CX, 2 SVS subs, an HDMI 2.1 Denon, and 5 Infiniti speakers. I'll wait for the home releases if their movies are even interesting.

Can't imagine anything worse than watching a movie with general populace "theatrical". I've got a 1080p projector in my bedroom. Not cutting edge, but at least some cunt isn't dry humping my head with his food buffet he ordered mid movie. :(

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I'm confusion.
A 2.1 Denon with 5 speakers?
A newer Denon AVR with HDMI 2.1 ports for passthrough of the higher bandwidth required for 120hz/HDR/VRR/4k/8k passthrough. I just don't have the atmos ceiling speakers yet.

My setup shakes the house as it 😱

sol_bad

A newer Denon AVR with HDMI 2.1 ports for passthrough of the higher bandwidth required for 120hz/HDR/VRR/4k/8k passthrough. I just don't have the atmos ceiling speakers yet.

My setup shakes the house as it 😱

oooohhhh
HDMI 2.1.
No idea why but I thought you meant it had 2.1 inputs, stereo with subwoofer.
LOL

gatti-man

For how long did they sell out? For what price did they sell out? Were they actually full or did the higher ups buy seats/tickets and give them out?

I can buy every seat in my local theatre for 3 days straight, does that mean the film is a success and that theatres are going strong? No, of course not. Using a metric of "This movie sold out!" does not mean that theatres are succeeding. Just means that they had one or two good nights. A handful of good nights does not a successful theatre make.
Lol seriously? It was Tinseltown XD so like $17 a ticket or something like that. It was full of people that were grouped randomly not like a company event.

read the post I replied to he claimed they don’t sell out. That’s so wrong it borders on a lie and i responded. I never said theaters are succeeding. I will say that their sales are firmly showing that theaters won’t stop being a thing. If AMC had closed like it should have theaters would be in a very healthy situation there is just too many of them right now.

Top Bottom