• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destin Daniel Cretton Inks Overall Deal With Marvel Studios & Hulu’s Onyx Collective; Set For Disney+ MCU Series & ‘Shang-Chi’ Sequel

Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings filmmaker Destin Daniel Cretton has entered into an exclusive multi-year overall deal with Disney companies Marvel Studios and Hulu’s Onyx Collective. The filmmaker is already in development with Marvel Studios on a new MCU series for Disney+.

At the same time, Disney has made it official that Cretton is returning to write and direct the sequel to Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings.

The big new deal enables Cretton to develop TV projects for both Marvel Studios for Disney+ and Onyx Collective across all platforms, including Hulu. Maui-born Cretton will produce through a new production company he is launching with partner Asher Goldstein, named Family Owned. Together they will focus on building a slate of projects in film and TV that highlight the experiences of communities that have traditionally been overlooked by pop culture.

Javthusiast

Banned
A Disney+ Shang-Chi prequel all about Wenwu fucking up people in 90s Hong Kong. Do it.
Go Ahead Reaction GIF

Fbh

A Shang Chi show could be cool.
The lower budget would probably make them focus more on the fun martial arts and less on the CGI orgy of the second half of the movie.

Pagusas

Elden Member

What's the opposite of imposter syndrome? I think the dude has it.

Ohhh I know, he's like Nathan from Ted Laso! First we rooted for him, but now we see he's just a broken child on the inside with major daddy/praise issues and we all hate him.

Last edited:

Irobot82

Nah, heaps of people were saying this would flop because no one cared about an F grade Asian super hero that was apparently targeted at China.
Must have missed all that. All I ever heard was China hated it.

It was a decent fun typical Marvel movie. Isn't half of the MCU less popular characters (not X-Men, F4)?

jason10mm

Gold Member
Never fear, with the Beijing 2022 Olympics coming up, virtually no social media celeb is gonna be able to appease America AND China simultaneously. This guy will suicide his account no doubt.

What's the opposite of imposter syndrome? I think the dude has it.

Ohhh I know, he's like Nathan from Ted Laso! First we rooted for him, but now we see he's just a broken child on the inside with major daddy/praise issues and we all hate him.

He was the worst thing about an otherwise "not bad" movie. Zero charisma, and zero acting talent...

Last edited:

jason10mm

Gold Member
He was the worst thing about an otherwise "not bad" movie. Zero charisma, and zero acting talent...
Eh, he did alright. His problem (in the film) is that he is 32 but looks 45. He is ageing worse than Jeremy Renner. Awkwafina has the same issue. She is supposedly just out of her 20's but wow.....the mileage was rough!

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Eh, he did alright. His problem (in the film) is that he is 32 but looks 45. He is ageing worse than Jeremy Renner. Awkwafina has the same issue. She is supposedly just out of her 20's but wow.....the mileage was rough!

Simu Liu has always had an old face. Some people just look older than they are. Still... for the most part, After black folks, Asians look younger than they are well into their 50s.

SafeOrAlone

Banned
You'd think getting to play the hero on a national stage and raking in millions would be enough to assuage the internet trolls living rent-free in your head, but it must be easier said than done. For some of us anyway.

Top Bottom