• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney's annus horribilis continues

I dont get it either. The CGI doesn't even look great. Yet the movie is $200M production budget alone. At least Lion King years back with a huge budget looked crazy like National Geographic.
I guess these 200m were spent on smoothies or something. It is really a shame what happened to Disney. But, oh well.

Last edited:
Bored Episode 15 GIF by The Simpsons

Gen Z alone don't know the concept of "going to the movie" and Disney has programmed them they can stay home.

Their middle age sibllings, Millennials, including myself, haven't seen a decent animated film since the Atlantis.

NecrosaroIII

Ask me about my terrible takes on Star Trek characters
Disney+ is the biggest mistake Disney ever made. Most of their movies have turned into “I’ll see it when it’s on D+”.
I got to watch all the Disney Afternoon shows on there, so that makes me happy

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Bored Episode 15 GIF by The Simpsons

Gen Z alone don't know the concept of "going to the movie" and Disney has programmed them they can stay home.

Their middle age sibllings, Millennials, including myself, haven't seen a decent animated film since the Atlantis.
I kinda disagree, Tangled & Frozen bought back the Disney magic they was missing for a decade.
And they went and fucked it all up.

trikster40

I actually enjoyed it. Took my kids to see it the day after release. Was fun, a love letter to 100 years of Disney. Lots of little Easter Eggs if you pay attention (and some just small you in the face).

Mikado

Gold Member
I was the only spectator in the entire room xD

:thatsthejoke.gif:

fr though, unless it's a spectacle movie and the place is packed with good excited vibes, the best way to see a movie is in an empty theatre :messenger_heart:

It's like the Private Cinema Room I can't afford to build :(

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
Universal will curb stomp them once Nintendo starts pumping movies from their IPs

I'm actually surprised that Sony got the Zelda movie, Universal should have pushed to get everything Nintendo.
Not even Sony can fuck with Nintendo IP, though.
They get to produce it, but I bet my fucking asscheeks, both of them, that Nintendo has stipulations. Strong Ones. Pro-Nintendo Ones.

winjer

Gold Member
At this point Disney execs are probably thinking they should have written off these movies for tax purposes.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Numbers.com says as of this past weekend, Wish is at $106M globally. It's still top 10 making money and Xmas is coming soon so it should get some holiday family sales.

I dont know. Maybe the movie tops out at $150M and disappears in Jan?

Jsisto

Wait….you’re telling me this girl has a talking animal sidekick!? Groundbreaking. Disney truly upending the tea table here.

Last edited:
Top Bottom