• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Days Gone coming to PC this Spring (More Sony games on the way)

Larxia

I really hope Gravity Rush 1 & 2 will come, these are the PS exclusives I'm the most interested in, but I don't want to buy a console just for this. But it seems like sony completely forgot about the existence of this series so I'm not sure if it would ever happen.

Andodalf

Banned
The big hitters IMO won’t hit PC. Uncharted, Last of Us, God of war, Spider-Man and GOT.

The next titles I am seeing is Shadow of the colossus, Dreams, inFamous, Killzone, the order and GT sports.

2nd parties like returnal,

I love how at first it was just going to be 2nd party games for sure.

And then just super old games when the sequel was coming

and now its games with no sequel coming less than two years after launch. And the goalposts move again!

Do you really not count Horizon as a big hitter? I guess you have to say it isn't to fit your theory, lol

Frustrated Maya Erskine GIF by HULU

Repeating the same thing over and over and insulting people doesn't make you seem any less triggered.
Lol why would I be triggered about old games going to PC?

Use better bait next time boyo

ethomaz

Banned
I'm surprised to see Sony fans saying they don't think new games will be on PC anytime soon, especially when they think Bethesda games won't be xbox exclusive because MS wont turn down PlayStation money. Surely Sony won't turn down PC money for their games either?
I think it is very unrelated.

Bethesda case lies in how the contract of the platform were made... so there are chances the games already announced will indeed come to PS and that includes two big games announced.
Of course no new game from them will come to PS.

PS5 games won't come to PC soon... you will get a list of old PS4 games... I believe they will release more 2 in 2021... more 2-3 in 2022... be happy.

Last edited:

Lanrutcon

This...this is recent. I thought people were bumping some rumor thread from 4 months ago, but no. Hot damn.

Gonna be a fun board when the releases start hitting.

rofif

Banned
i think the game is fine tbh. so far what ive played i would say is a good game. and it was free so i wont complaint
I mean, I have finished it and nothing about it was good.
Yet I still remember the time fondly. I do plan to do 4k60 ps5 on it

Stuart360

Its alright saying 'PS5 games wont come to PC', but you're mad if you think they are releasing games like Horizon and Days Gone, and then NOT going to release the sequels, especially after the likes of Horizon have sold over 2mil just on Steam. And no, this isnt some plan to get PC gamers over to PS5, especially as PS5 is probably beong sold at a loss asit is. More and more games will be coming to PC, just accept it.

Nvzman

I think its kind of obvious that Sony's only going to port the PlayStation games that they don't think would affect console sales much. Nobody bought a PS4/5 for Days Gone, and Horizon was already kind of old news when it got ported to PC, same with Death Stranding. I COULD see Sony porting something like the first Last of Us to PC, but otherwise I don't think any of their big titles are ever coming to PC (Spider-Man, TLOU, Ghost, etc).

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
You know that Returnal and new Rachet are coming out for PS5 in next few months and not for PC. That's not of whole slate of games. Anyway, releasing PS4 games now on PC is irrelevant now regarding PS5. Days Gone was important as exclusive for PS4 back then. Now it is not when PS5 is out
Games that becomes irrelevant and forgotten are pretty bad games.

Thank god ps5 games doesn't get simultaneous release on pc and ps5, I would really fear for some people's health in here.

Azzurri

It always boggles my mind that Sony or Xbox fan care if their exclusives comes to PC. Like who give a flying fuck if someone who doesn't own a console gets to play it on their PC?

Does it make your purchase feel less validated? I don't get it

Last edited:

jhjfss

Takes 2 seconds to cancel... better to write off the sunk cost and avoid undermining your entire brand.

I have already bought 2 PS5's despite the supply situation, I am one of the most hardcore PS fans and buy their exclusives as CE's on launch without fail..... this is insulting to me and I won't be supporting launches anymore.

First one I wont support is Returnal.... NO BUY!

AND I'll be pushing others not to buy too to send a message.
I bet you are full of shit. Your post reminds me of this classic.
IkVqrep.jpg

InDaGulag

I have already bought 2 PS5's despite the supply situation, I am one of the most hardcore PS fans and buy their exclusives as CE's on launch without fail..... this is insulting to me and I won't be supporting launches anymore.

Hmmm, should Jim Ryan release PS games on PC and get millions of extra copies sold or cancel all their ports to please one fanboy who bought 2 PS5s? Two PS5s!

Tough call. Tough call…

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
Great decision from Sony. The only people who have an issue with this are stunted.

I’d happily make the jump to PC of Sony go in on this, but I’d want full trophy integration.

Last edited:

Interfectum

Takes 2 seconds to cancel... better to write off the sunk cost and avoid undermining your entire brand.

Michael Jordan Reaction GIF

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
It always boggles my mind that Sony or Xbox fan care if their exclusives comes to PC. Like who give a flying fuck if someone who doesn't own a console gets to play it on their PC?

It's about being validated in how great you are as a person investing in the right platform.

Having most exclusives has been ps players biggest straw as an argument in console war threads. If that last straw gets removed then there's no arguments to make you feel superior.

Banjo64

cumsessed

You’re insulted because people will have the choice over where they buy and play their games, rather than being forced to buy one particular machine? You do you mate, but I genuinely think that’s bizarre.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Couldnt care less about that

I want PS5 just for the exclusive game

PS advantage over PC are the exclusive game

If thats gone so does my interest
Holy lmao, so for you the value of a game isn't in it's gameplay, music or graphics, but in it being a exclusive title?

Eternal21

It devalues the platform in the long-run. The only reason I buy Playstation consoles is for masterpiece exclusives like 'The Last of Us'. The only reason those exclusives exist, is because of large enough install-base, allowing Sony to risk spending a lot of resources on developing brand new AAA IP. Once you syphon away enough potential hardware owners, you'll end up with Xbox situation where your 'exclusives' end up being safe, generic, unmemorable titles. Having said that, Sony is not stupid, and won't let that happen. That's why you will never see the best PS exclusives on PC. All you're getting is older, mediocre open-world titles, that were not system sellers to begin with.

Airbus Jr

Banned
Holy lmao, so for you the value of a game isn't in it's gameplay, music or graphics, but in it being a exclusive title?
Urgh you dont understand

Gameplay music graphics of course its all matter

I bought PS4 because of Bloodborne

If its available to PC theres pointless to me to buy it

Not to mentioned online gaming on PC are free

You dont need xbl or psplus subs to game online on pc

Jim Ryan can kiss my ps plus subsciption goodbye

Last edited:

Fredrik

Where’s the anger coming from? I don’t see Xbox fans being angry that there are better versions of MS exclusives on PC. Why are Sony fans angry about this? Don’t most already own a PC for playing MS exclusives?

Banjo64

cumsessed
Urgh you dont understand

If its availae to PC theres pointless to me to buy it

Jim Ryan can kiss my ps plus subsciltion goodbye
So you win? If you have a PC you don’t need a PS but can still buy and play their games, and as you say, you can drop PS Plus. What exactly is your problem?

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Urgh you dont understand

If its availae to PC theres pointless to me to buy it

Jim Ryan can kiss my ps plus subsciltion goodbye
Yep sorry, seems I misunderstood.

But really, I still see a point in having a PS5 if you want to play all of the exclusives on day 1. Right now we don't know how many, or when, will come to PC.

Hell I'm a PC gamer and I would buy a PS5 the moment they announce games like Persona 6 or Bloodborne 2. No way I'll be waiting for a port that might never come.

Top Bottom