• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty |OT| RAM Recovery Rate 100%

SJRB

Gold Member
I'm sorry CDPR devs, but the stealth/sneaky mission to enter the party is terrible. Tried to 100% stealth it 3 times, failed every time because of borked AI. Not preem at all, choom.

That said, game is still fucking sick.

Also - be sure to enter photo mode when you're with Reed; the dude is MASSIVE compared to V.

T69TBEd.jpg

uKfsPAT.png

w2DXpP7.jpg

Last edited:
Apparently the wrong patch was uploaded earlier for Series X and S and causing shit like this:

I had to reinstall the game from scratch even after downloading the proper download file after because it wouldn’t let me start my last save; saying it needed the Phantom Liberty DLC installed even though I had it installed and fully updated.

Basically had to download: the main game 38GB patch twice, 28GB Phantom Liberty patch twice (from the reinstall) and then the whole 97GB for the game again. Thankfully I have fast internet and no data cap, but that had to have been the equivalent to a kick in the nuts for some users.

So FYI: If you downloaded the patch automatically on Xbox you might want to check the version number you have…. The ’wrong’ one is version 2.0.0.5 in the game management screen, the one it’s supposed to be is 2.0.1.0 (main game file not the Phantom Liberty one).

Last edited:

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Was the Skippy gun available when the game launch? I think I missed it back then. Just came across it and it's fun as hell 😂

GHG

Was the Skippy gun available when the game launch? I think I missed it back then. Just came across it and it's fun as hell 😂

That's the smart weapon right? It's yellow?

If I'm thinking of the correct one then yes it was, but it was well hidden in some random alleyway.

Last edited:

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
Anyone got this terrible bug that causes Saul's phase to appear on every phone call?

I also can't complete Queen of the Highway because the game crashes every time V faints.

Madflavor

I reached the point of no return. My choice is to either reach out to Reed, Takemura, Rogue, or the Aldecados. I don't trust Araska, and reaching out to Rogue seems viable. But I'm leaning more towards having my happy ending with Panam, so I better call Saul.

Spyxos

How does this Reyes mission work? I have done like 20+ car deliveries, but a can't start this mission. When i enter this car nothing happens.

62dUZQJ.jpg

snPl1dv.jpg

Roni

Gold Member
I guess the biggest compliment I can give 2.0 (still haven't reached Phantom Liberty) is that I'm excited about levelling up and placing the perk points is giving me a lot of pause. Lots of different combos, all of them stacking cohesively on top of each other. I haven't felt this in a long time; not even with Cyberpunk 2077 1.X... I considered dropping my run and starting a Phantom Liberty character just so I had more attribute and perk points, but ultimately decided against it because feeling this way about the game is a good sign: there's lots to see and play and I can't wait to do it. No point in skipping to the finish line!

Last edited:
I guess the biggest compliment I can give 2.0 (still haven't reached Phantom Liberty) is that I'm excited about levelling up and placing the perk points is giving me a lot of pause. Lots of different combos, all of them stacking cohesively on top of each other. I haven't felt this in a long time; not even with Cyberpunk 2077 1.X... I considered dropping my run and starting a Phantom Liberty character just so I had more attribute and perk points, but ultimately decided against it because feeling this way about the game is a good sign: there's lots to see and play and I can't wait to do it. No point in skipping to the finish line!
The builds get pretty stupid about mid way to level 60... I started the Phantom Liberty questline at level 37. And have a Reflex/Cool/Tech throwing knives and blades/mantis build. The jumping and air dash makes it so I barely bother with vehicles…

‘200m? No problem’:

JQCAcS2.jpg

Last edited:

Winter John

Gold Member
I bought this on release and put it aside because I knew one day it would be the thing the devs claimed it was. So I started it last week and I hafta say I think it’s one of the greats. It has it’s drawbacks for sure, but the side quests, the characters, the world building and the graphics are all top tier. The last game I played was Starfield so I admit I could just be reacting to that. Playing a game with an actual plot. One that has actual adult themes in it is kind of mind blowing after being subjected to Bethesda’s out of date vanilla bullshit.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
So is the canon ending the PL ending ? If so it gives them free narrative to do whatever with the sequel and conclude V/Johnny ending.

Is there a “good” ending in the game? Feels like you always lose somehow which is the reality of the world and universe these characters live in.

Last edited:
So is the canon ending the PL ending ? If so it gives them free narrative to do whatever with the sequel and conclude V/Johnny ending.

Is there a “good” ending in the game? Feels like you always lose somehow which is the reality of the world and universe these characters live in.
There is no canon ending, even with Phantom Liberty.

The ‘good‘ ending in the base game was always debatable…and apparently this just adds one more line to the debate; there was never a ‘perfect’ ending, each one is flawed by design.

Most people find the Panam route to be the happiest ending…. I knida prefer the Mr Hands ending though myself.

Last edited:

Draugoth

Gold Member
Thinking of unnistaling the game and coming back to it once the game finishes updating, everytime CDPR updates it all the mods break, and Vortex hasnt updated it's native support.

Roni

Gold Member
Thinking of unnistaling the game and coming back to it once the game finishes updating, everytime CDPR updates it all the mods break, and Vortex hasnt updated it's native support.
Wonder when that will be... I'm sure they'll keep patching until the end of the year. Would be surprised if they keep bug fixing in 2024.

Once they stop messing with the game, then the community can step in and start building an unofficial patch, large scale mods, total conversions and etc...

However, Witcher 3 PC got new updates along with every new version release. The next-gen update changed things pretty significantly recently for Witcher 3 and that's a 2015 game. If they go that route, which is likely, this game might be still getting updates in 2031.

Last edited:

Draugoth

Gold Member
Wonder when that will be... I'm sure they'll keep patching until the end of the year. Would be surprised if they keep bug fixing in 2024.

Once they stop messing with the game, then the community can step in and start building an unofficial patch, large scale mods, total conversions and etc...

However, Witcher 3 PC got new updates along with every new version release. The next-gen update changed things pretty significantly recently for Witcher 3 and that's a 2015 game. If they go that route, which is likely, this game might be still getting updates in 2031.

It wouldnt be that much of an issue if the game ran with Vortex Support flawless (which it isnt because they didnt update it yet)

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent

The ‘good‘ ending in the base game was always debatable…and apparently this just adds one more line to the debate; there was never a ‘perfect’ ending, each one is flawed by design.

Most people find the Panam route to be the happiest ending…. I knida prefer the Mr Hands ending though myself.

Something about the PL ending seems actually correct for V and Johnny. Something about flying too close to the sun, and accepting your time in the spotlight is over.

When you think about it the main character of the game is Night City itself. Which is why this game resonates so well for me.

Ginzeen

Banned

They will have to decide on a canon ending once the sequel comes out.
I prefer V surviving as the canon ending

Something about the PL ending seems actually correct for V and Johnny. Something about flying too close to the sun, and accepting your time in the spotlight is over.

When you think about it the main character of the game is Night City itself. Which is why this game resonates so well for me.
It’s bittersweet, but you can say the same with every other ending just in a different way…even the Devil ending.

Last edited:

ungalo

They will have to decide on a canon ending once the sequel comes out.
Not necessarily if V is out of the picture. They could either stay silent (like mention V in the game but never the outcome) or give us a choice at the beginning of the game regarding our choices in Cyberpunk 2077 like they do in The Witcher 3 with The Witcher 2.

I'd like that actually because giving us so many options with so much meaning behind each one of them then discarding our choice would break my balls.

I'm sorry CDPR devs, but the stealth/sneaky mission to enter the party is terrible. Tried to 100% stealth it 3 times, failed every time because of borked AI. Not preem at all, choom.

That said, game is still fucking sick.

Also - be sure to enter photo mode when you're with Reed; the dude is MASSIVE compared to V.

T69TBEd.jpg

uKfsPAT.png

w2DXpP7.jpg
Christ those screenshots. And people still argue if this is better than Starfield lol.

Ginzeen

Banned
Not necessarily if V is out of the picture. They could either stay silent (like mention V in the game but never the outcome) or give us a choice at the beginning of the game regarding our choices in Cyberpunk 2077 like they do in The Witcher 3 with The Witcher 2.

I'd like that actually because giving us so many options with so much meaning behind each one of them then discarding our choice would break my balls.
V fate should be know in the sequel. Fans deserve to know the real outcome imo. Especially if the sequel takes place in Night City. Giving us choices at the start of the sequel won't really work because we will not be playing as V.

Vyse

Gold Member
Went back to my old save and they gave me all my points back. Had no idea what to do. Started a new game at the DLC point and found it much easier to play.

Madflavor

I would actually be completely shocked if the sequel featured V. It would be completely fucking awesome to carry over our character into the next story since we haven't had the pleasure since Mass Effect, but I sincerely doubt they will. It'd be a coding nightmare to account for all the endings, possible character deaths, and integrate that into the next game. Either that or they'd have to canonize an ending, which is an easier route, but would likely upset players who didn't choose that route.

We're likely to get a completely new story and protagonist. At best we'll get a reference to what happened to V.

Roni

Gold Member
V fate should be know in the sequel. Fans deserve to know the real outcome imo. Especially if the sequel takes place in Night City. Giving us choices at the start of the sequel won't really work because we will not be playing as V.
Unnecessary, each player earned an ending and they're all valid.

hlm666

How does this Reyes mission work?
Are you sure you don't need to talk to the guy there and not get in the car? I can't remember that quest honestly, but I remember going to that point on the map and hopping in and out of a car thinking gah fuckin bug, then realised i was ment to be talking to the guy leaning on the wall.

Spyxos

Are you sure you don't need to talk to the guy there and not get in the car? I can't remember that quest honestly, but I remember going to that point on the map and hopping in and out of a car thinking gah fuckin bug, then realised i was ment to be talking to the guy leaning on the wall.
There is no one. Just the car.

Night City is a harsh place but there's a lot of beauty in its architecture and the overall atmosphere has a lot of cool vibes to it. Dogtown is something else entirely. It is deeply dystopian; depressing, sombre, decay everywhere you look, feels unsafe everywhere you go. The overwhelmingly large decrepit skyscrapers loom over you at all times. Absolute hellhole.

Looks legit post-apocalyptic. Amazing accomplishment from the design teams.

5L8ed1U.jpg

7tZVnPE.jpg
Heading back into NC after 20 hours in D-town is makes me realise how tame, colourful and cheerful it all is.

He's pretty deep in the base game as well. He starts out as a selfish asshole but the more you play the more he opens up. Of course this depends on your dialogue choices; if you tell him to fuck off at every turn you miss out on a lot.

I can see why Keanu's performance is hit or miss for people but the way Johnny Silverhand swings from full blown anarchist to deeply remorseful loner is expertly done.

In fairness I didn't really pick up all the nuances until my second playthrough.
Yeah he’s extremely underrated. I felt very close to him the first time I finished the base game.

Nobody does characters in video games like CDPR.

hlm666

There is no one. Just the car.
The handshake icon in your screenshake normally is the one for the gig npcs. When I was there he was leaning on the wall and I can't see him in your screenshot, it looks like he is in the car. If you hop in it can u see him inside? If there is no npc there I think you might be bugged.

Maybe take the car and trash it and see what happens if you can't find the npc anywhere.

edit: I just loaded up an old save. I went up there without doing any phantom liberty content and it was just like yours, car there and icon but no reyes. I think you might need to do more car missions until you get to a point where reyes wants you to do a job for him. I had been doing car jobs in dog town and didn't go up there until reyes wanted a meeting with you and another npc. I took the car an trashed it and that didn't accomplish anything either, I would suggest not trashing the car and just ignore it until reyes gives you the mission to meet there.

Last edited:

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
I experimented with a few different builds before finally settling on body + tech (tech shotguns + projectile launch system). This feels OP as hell. I got the iconic tech shotgun from the vendor in Dogtown, 3 second charge time but it pretty much 1-shots every non-boss in the game + hits others around it.

I have so much armor/health/mitigation and defensive abilities/cyberware that I am practically unkillable.

The new perk trees + cyberware changes in 2.0 are so much fun. So many interesting synergies and builds to experiment with!

SJRB

Gold Member
I just infiltrated the party (if you know you know), ballpark figure how far into the DLC am I? I have no idea if it's ramping up to a finale (feels like it) or if I'm only halfway or something.

Top Bottom