• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 next-gen upgrade gameplay PS5 and XSX

OverHeat

« generous god »
Played fine before 😂😂😂
W6NN35Z.jpg

Fredrik

Very glad I waited on this

Too bad it couldn’t come out last year

Won’t have time for it until summer
Just don’t miss out, the haters are like No Man’s Sky haters at this point, they’re too invested or something, just trying to find faults and post silly gifs for no logic reason, the game is sweet and it’ll be even better now. Downloading right now, jumping in on a new save in a few hours, can’t wait!

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Just don’t miss out, the haters are like No Man’s Sky haters at this point, they’re too invested or something, just trying to find faults and post silly gifs for no logic reason, the game is sweet and it’ll be even better now. Downloading right now, jumping in on a new save in a few hours, can’t wait!
I'll give it a shot with an open mind. Hopefully it's fun.

hlm666

I mean sure, but a dynamic 1440p30 mode with RT reflections should be possible... at least as an option... not that anyone should play it that way but everything would be more interesting than local shadows...
a 6800xt at 1440p manages about 35fps with RT Reflections and ~45fps with RT Shadows. I'm not sure 1440p RT was on the cards. Dynamic 1080p 30 with RT reflections may have been possible but if people pixel counted sub 1080p resolutions I can imagine that's probably something they wanted to stay clear of.

Stuart360

Oh stop with the 'haters' nonsense. It was my most anticipated game for 2 or 3 years. I played on PC and didnt even have THAT many bugs. The game just isnt a very good game imo, in fact its boring, feels dated, and is very restictive for an open world game.

Last edited:

Tripolygon

Banned
Lol when I accepted to “buy” the 0 EUR PS5 upgrade it showed me a total of 166g. It’s downloading the PS5 build now at 56 GB.
It's weird like that sometimes. The information they have sometimes does not match the actual size when you are downloading.

ToTTenTranz

Banned
Here are the PC-specific improvements.
FSR and VRS are now supported, as well as transparent ray-traced reflections. These are probably coming from the console optimizations for RDNA2.

STABILITY AND PERFORMANCE

• HDD Mode has now an auto-detection option. When enabled, it automatically detects which drive the game is installed on, and, if neccessary, boosts data loading and crowd activity at the expense of crowd variety, extra loading screens, and less detail in the streets when driving fast.
  • Added AMD FidelityFX™ Super Resolution (FSR) 1.0 algorithm, replacing Contrast Adaptive Sharpening (CAS). On PC it can be enabled in Settings > Graphics > Resolution Scaling. The option is not configurable on consoles.
  • Multiple fixes and improvements related to stability and optimization.

PC-SPECIFIC

• Added a benchmark mode. You can find it in Settings > Run Benchmark.
  • Added a "Toggle walking" option when playing with keyboard. It is activated by pressing G during exploration. The key can be rebinded in Settings.
  • Enabled transparent ray-traced reflections on glossy coating of some cars.
  • Enabled Variable Rate Shading (VRS). This feature boosts rendering performance and visual quality by varying the shading rate for different regions of the frame. Available only on compatible hardware.
  • Fixed an issue which blocked Resolution Scaling on AMD graphics cards when Ray Tracing was enabled.

I'll be looking forward to performance comparisons with the new 1.5 patch.

Oh stop with the 'haters' nonsense. It was my most anticipated game for 2 or 3 years. I played on PC and didnt even have THAT many bugs. The game just isnt a very good game imo, in fact its boring, feels dated, and is very restictive for an open world game.
Oh so just like the witcher 3. Imagine that.

Cherrypepsi

anyone tried the series x version and can report on performance and loading times?

I have the game on PC but I might double dip if this version is finally good...

fatmarco

I assume a lot of work has been held back for the expansions later in the year.

I can't imagine this is all they have to show for a year and a half's work with a team of their size.

I just really don't want that assumption to be proven wrong...

Fredrik

Well I don’t agree. It’s in no way perfect but try find one other RPG with action, traversal, story telling, immersion on the same level. It’s my favorite genre and I can’t think of anything that come close in the areas Cyberpunk does well. For example, do you think Bethesda will top Cyberpunk in those areas with Starfield? I don’t. I think they won’t even get close. And it’s my most anticipated game this year, by far. What they’ll likely do better is the character creation, exploration and having a more varied and interesting game world. I expect the usual clunky combat and barely passable traversal though, and very little immersion unless they release a VR version, which might not be in Microsoft’s interest anymore.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I'll give the free trial a go I guess. But I don't know what they've been doing for over a year, that still does not look very good. What are the differences from just running the last-gen version on current consoles exactly? Apart from crowd density it looks very last-gen.

And have they improved anything regarding the actual gameplay (no, I don't give a crap about some mirror to check your hair)?

Last edited:

Flabagast

Well I don’t agree. It’s in no way perfect but try find one other RPG with action, traversal, story telling, immersion on the same level. It’s my favorite genre and I can’t think of anything that come close in the areas Cyberpunk does well. For example, do you think Bethesda will top Cyberpunk in those areas with Starfield? I don’t. I think they won’t even get close. And it’s my most anticipated game this year, by far. What they’ll likely do better is the character creation, exploration and having a more varied and interesting game world. I expect the usual clunky combat and barely passable traversal though, and very little immersion unless they release a VR version, which might not be in Microsoft’s interest anymore.
Yep, despite what haters are saying the game is in a league of its own really, specially concerning everything related to storytelling. There is really nothing else like it.

ChiefDada

Gold Member
Well, If I was CDPR and I saw GTA V PS5/XSX update was coming next month, I would shadow drop too.

As for me, I'll wait for GTA V in March. Horizon has already claimed my February. However, I do appreciate them offering the 5 hour free trial. This should become an industry standard.

Guilty_AI

Seems they took notes from the gameplay mods the community was making.
From remaking some perks or changing the way cloth mods work, to rebalancing the economy and diversifying the AI behaviour between gangs. This gameplay rebalance is probably the best change to come out of this.

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
Sweet. I uninstallef this. Do I need to download the PS4 copy and upgrade or can I just down the PS5 version
Yeah you can. It says 158gb?!?!?

You have to view details, view product then purchase the ps5 version for £0 and then it downloads the PS5 native version

Top Bottom