• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 next-gen upgrade gameplay PS5 and XSX

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
This NPC was certainly a choice.

tenor.gif

Craigs cousin

ToTTenTranz

Banned
I wonder if the update also brings performance improvements to the PC version, namely for AMD Radeon 6000 GPUs like the ones in the consoles.

Banned
Worked great in Miles Morales. Don’t know why only one developer would be able to.

the reflections in Spider-Man are pretty low quality.
I have played CP2077 on PC with RT reflections and they are way higher quality.

given the state of the game I think it wasn't in the cards to adjust these radically only for console just so they can have a 60fps RT mode.

56.083GB download on PS5.
Can't even remember how much it was on PS4 when it released, but the size alone is a good change, lol.

Last edited:

Banned
They promised RT and that was the only effect they could reasonably deliver, because everything else utterly destroys performance without RT cores and DLSS.

I mean sure, but a dynamic 1440p30 mode with RT reflections should be possible... at least as an option... not that anyone should play it that way but everything would be more interesting than local shadows...

Still looking shallow, empty and uninteresting. NPCs are still braindead, i noticed framedrops, visual bugs, etc...but at this point no miracles will happen.

Hopefully 2 more years of upgrades and a pricedrop to 15€ and i might finally bite. Will they release DLCs as well? If so i'll wait until everything is out.

Banned
because the devs thought it would improve the image more with high quality SSR? Are you a dev?

there is no such thing as high quality SSR.
SSR ranges from ugly as hell to passable ;)

in an open world with lots of vertical reflections, we are in the ugly as hell territory

Last edited:

abcdrstuv

Banned
Sounds like mostly polish, quality of life, bug fixes, modest “DLC”..

Wish they’d talked about a roadmap.. is this it, or are they working on another upgrade?

Issues/content I’ve heard about not addressed - better police and NPC spawning, fleshing out character type/origin content, adding back monorail system..

saintjules

Still looking shallow, empty and uninteresting. NPCs are still braindead, i noticed framedrops, visual bugs, etc...but at this point no miracles will happen.

Hopefully 2 more years of upgrades and a pricedrop to 15€ and i might finally bite. Will they release DLCs as well? If so i'll wait until everything is out.

Hope you don't wait only to find out nothing changes in 2 years.

Skitso

So, I have a PS4 version installed from a disc to a PS5. What do I need to do to get a next gen version?

Top Bottom