• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Credible Rockstar insiders/dataminer Yan2295 and TezFun teasing a Grand Theft Auto Trilogy Remaster (or Remake) and potential screenshot of GTA 3 rema

Mister Apoc

Demigod of Troll Threads

"
oday, both Tez and Yan changed their twitter banners.

Tez changed it to a GTA trilogy banner, temporarily, for just an hour.

Yan changed it to a picture of Liberty City that isn't from GTA 4 (its from GTA 4, nevermind). This is the picture:

Link to screenshot of Tez's banner:

Link to screenshot of Yan's banner:

Link to Yan's profile so you can see it for yourself.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Yan2295

Update
Yan has dismissed this screenshot by saying:

Mine is just a screenshot I took in Liberty City, I was just looking for something new to use as my banner. Not a hint or anything.
Source

Tez still hasn't said anything about him changing his banner.

Credit to u/JamiePaterson3 and u/thecoolfattykid for the discovery and screenshots

Warablo

Would be amazing if they somehow remade them in RDR2/GTAV engines, but that's a fools dream.

I expect just quality of life changes and texture remasters.

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Can't wait for another 12 pages of "yeah just slam the trilogy into the modern engine, ez!"

tenor.gif

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Considering modders have done this I don’t see why it’s out of the question.

Projects like GTA IV SA are cute, but it's very much a mod, not a remake or a remaster. Rockstar aren't about to release something so janky as an official product. A full GTA remake would require everything to be redone from the ground up, not just the old jagged map and models stuffed into the new engine. At the same time, doing something like that is not remastering a game, it has its own identity at that point and is not the game that people remember.

It's far from impossible, it's just not worth Rockstar's time to do. Won't happen. You'll either see a full remake of one game (very unlikely) or a very generic trilogy remaster. Ask yourself when the last time Rockstar remade something was; these rumours have been going around for the best part of a decade. I still remember when people claimed there was going to be a GTA 3 10 year anniversary remake.

Andodalf

Banned
I'll give it 6 months max until there's another GTA V remaster/remixed/refuckingstopdoingthis....

Has it had any real re release? GTA V was a last last gen game, which then came to PC and to last gen (which was necessary because they had no BC). You can argue the PC should have been ready day 1 but not the same as having a ton of different versions of the game

AV

Has it had any real re release? GTA V was a last last gen game, which then came to PC and to last gen (which was necessary because they had no BC). You can argue the PC should have been ready day 1 but not the same as having a ton of different versions of the game

Even the PS4/XB1 versions were enhanced in various ways from the original releases, they weren't just straight ports. Depends on your definition of a "real" re-release.

D.Final

Banned

"
oday, both Tez and Yan changed their twitter banners.

Tez changed it to a GTA trilogy banner, temporarily, for just an hour.

Yan changed it to a picture of Liberty City that isn't from GTA 4 (its from GTA 4, nevermind). This is the picture:

Link to screenshot of Tez's banner:

Link to screenshot of Yan's banner:

Link to Yan's profile so you can see it for yourself.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Yan2295

Update
Yan has dismissed this screenshot by saying:

Source

Tez still hasn't said anything about him changing his banner.

Credit to u/JamiePaterson3 and u/thecoolfattykid for the discovery and screenshots

It would be huge
If they coming to Switch

Top Bottom