• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2015. No ship girls. Oh, we got a Tank Girl though!

Zombine

Banned
Just got through The first issue of Hitman and holy shit is it ridiculous lol. Etrigan made me laugh and the book looks gorgeous in HD.

It took me a minute to realize that the random shit was him hearing the funny shit people were thinking.

Zombine

Banned
it ended with the "talking" walkers. i couldnt tell if people were wearing walker skin as masks but then the dude shows up looking like deadpool.

When that issue dropped it blew my mind. I think I came into this thread and had a moment and freaked out. Are you going to keep on reading, or are you going to wait for the next book? I'm not going to spoil it for you, but directly after that the book reaches highs that it hasn't experienced since the prison. It's so damn good.

Messi

When that issue dropped it blew my mind. I think I came into this thread and had a moment and freaked out. Are you going to keep on reading, or are you going to wait for the next book? I'm not going to spoil it for you, but directly after that the book reaches highs that it hasn't experienced since the prison. It's so damn good.

That is high praise.

Zombine

Banned
Yep, good to see the Walking Dead back on form. Then again, I always feel it's been pretty consistent.

I feel like the weakest it's been is All Out War. Fear Itself was building this awesome atmosphere, but that release schedule for the "event" definitely impacked the quality of the writing. So many things just got completely glossed over, and the ending seemed rushed.

Messi

Guys. Chip is coming to Dublin. I could finally meet someone from the comics industry. He could even sign my sex crims #1

10451652_780041092073336_4514171027526874609_n.jpg

Aw man, why's it gotta be a Monday? Dublin gets all the fun stuff.

Definitely going to try to go to DICE this year though. Maybe DCC as well if they get some actual comics guests.

Messi

Aw man, why's it gotta be a Monday? Dublin gets all the fun stuff.

Definitely going to try to go to DICE this year though. Maybe DCC as well if they get some actual comics guests.

DICE in ireland? Yeah I am gonna go for at least a day depending on guests. Becky Cloonan was there last year. Snyder and Capullo the year before.

DICE in ireland? Yeah I am gonna go for at least a day depending on guests. Becky Cloonan was there last year. Snyder and Capullo the year before.

That's the one. The last two years I've seen the guest list and been like "Holy crap!"

This year is the year. The only comics person I've met is Charlie Adlard. Time to fix that.

tim1138

My wife has been reading the iZombie trades from the library and wants to buy them. Are there any plans for an impending omnibus or deluxe hardcover release or are the tpb's the only option?

Zombine

Banned
My wife has been reading the iZombie trades from the library and wants to buy them. Are there any plans for an impending omnibus or deluxe hardcover release or are the tpb's the only option?

There will be a hardcover collected edition sometime in the spring after the show airs. The trades are beyond weak.

Wait, we are really getting hardcovers? Chris Roberson is one of my least favorite writers up there with Bill Willingham, Robert Kirkman, Mark Millar, Si Spurrier, Dan Jurgens, Ann Noccenti and Jame Tynion The Fourth. But Allred's Art, and a nice thick hardcover in my hands? Might double dip....

The quest to vanquish the 40 comic backlog is going well. I'm down to 19 comics left. On pace to clear the queue before Monday's MU update.
40 comic backlog? Come on brah, try 40 comics a week.

I will never read another James Tynion The Fourth written piece of fiction again, Batman Annual was the last straw for me. I don't know why his family continues, if it didn't work the first three times it probably wasn't going to work the fourth.

I'm taking a leave and will be back when you see it.

Finally, Marvel Boy in CMX HD

I will never read another James Tynion The Fourth written piece of fiction again, Batman Annual was the last straw for me. I don't know why his family continues, if it didn't work the first three times it probably wasn't going to work the fourth.

SillyMonkey321, find a way to incorporate this into your March OT header

Did anyone here buy the new printing of Secret Six? How is the physical book (I know the story is great)? It seems to be similar to Power Girl: Power Trip or the Marvel Complete Collections.

This one just seems to be printing the pre-ongoing books, so Villains United and Six Degrees of Devastation.

40 comic backlog? Come on brah, try 40 comics a week.

This is just my "current" CMX a comic backlog of books I track weekly. Between CMX and MU I average 30 comics a week consumption. Then there's the hundreds of comics/trades on the long term backlog

Zombine

Banned
What do you guys want?

And don't say horse shit.

Brother, I'm content. At best keep on fucking over resell value on OOP books that people want to read but can't. More shit like SCUDD.

I want clarification the legality of posting a page from a book captured on an iPad or tablet that isn't promo material.

Nudull

Banned
Did anyone here buy the new printing of Secret Six? How is the physical book (I know the story is great)? It seems to be similar to Power Girl: Power Trip or the Marvel Complete Collections.

This one just seems to be printing the pre-ongoing books, so Villains United and Six Degrees of Devastation.

Yep, it's Villains United, the Infinite Crisis annual and Six Degrees of Devestation for vol. 1. It's very similar in quality to a Marvel Complete Collection. The next volume will roughly collect the first two trades of the ongoing.

How appealing is scribd?
Haven't really looked Into it. I went MU because marvel is awful at discounting their digital books. I only buy comics from the recently reduced section for my weeklies. So 2 month delay (I miss the one month) for DC and one month for all others. Buy marvel on sales.

Honestly what I'd love is some more mega sales like the image and marvel one. id love one for DC. I must have spent $2k each on the last two mega sales. And I buy from a lot of the regular routine sales. I'm around 13k CMX comics now.

Id of course love dark horse to show Up
Go back and finish upgrading the various DC and other comics to HD
Get the complete PAD run of Hulk
get the complete PAD run of Supergirl and Aquaman
Complete out simonsons thor run
Sales sales sales!

Last years list is great. All I want this year is to meet Babs Tarr
Damn that looks like an awesome con. Kate Leth and Babs Tarr are going to be here in Austin next week for an indie comics convention. Mingling with other artists after the con is one the best things about doing these things.

Im pretty excited about it. I finally decided to print up some new posters and a retractable banner that hopefully catches the eye. Then I'll actually look like a proper artist!

Isak_Borg

Haven't really looked Into it. I went MU because marvel is awful at discounting their digital books. I only buy comics from the recently reduced section for my weeklies. So 2 month delay (I miss the one month) for DC and one month for all others. Buy marvel on sales.

Honestly what I'd love is some more mega sales like the image and marvel one. id love one for DC. I must have spent $2k each on the last two mega sales. And I buy from a lot of the regular routine sales. I'm around 13k CMX comics now.

Id of course love dark horse to show Up
Go back and finish upgrading the various DC and other comics to HD
Get the complete PAD run of Hulk
get the complete PAD run of Supergirl and Aquaman
Complete out simonsons thor run
Sales sales sales!

I would love Pad hulk myself.

Fuck the horse.

DC is DC.

Shit like that is all over site.

But what do you guys want.

Again no horse shit.

Dark Horse. Always Dark Horse.

Also, I'm curious if the new Criminal trades have bonus material.

Also:
Heckler
Marvel Boy
Old School Roger Langridge stuff
First Second material
Claremont Excalibur
Stroman era X-Factor
Simonson era X-Factor
Simonson era Fantastic Four
Byrne era Fantastic Four

Top Bottom