• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2015. No ship girls. Oh, we got a Tank Girl though!

Yep, it's Villains United, the Infinite Crisis annual and Six Degrees of Devestation for vol. 1. It's very similar in quality to a Marvel Complete Collection. The next volume will roughly collect the first two trades of the ongoing.

Awesome. Will buy.

Probably my favourite DC series ever.

Damn that looks like an awesome con. Kate Leth and Babs Tarr are going to be here in Austin next week for an indie comics convention. Mingling with other artists after the con is one the best things about doing these things.

Im pretty excited about it. I finally decided to print up some new posters and a retractable banner that hopefully catches the eye. Then I'll actually look like a proper artist!
Who else is gonna be there brah? Might make the trek down. Good of a time as any to begin this journey......

tim1138

Shit like that is all over site.

But what do you guys want.

Again no horse shit.

Warren Ellis' Stormwatch, all of Kirby's DC stuff you don't have (Fourth World, the rest of Kamandi, the Demon, I need HD digital backups of my print copies stat), Dini's Zatanna series in HD. That'd be a great start.

remember when they said The Private Eye #10 was coming out in February
mjcry1.png

MG310

Damn that looks like an awesome con. Kate Leth and Babs Tarr are going to be here in Austin next week for an indie comics convention. Mingling with other artists after the con is one the best things about doing these things.

Im pretty excited about it. I finally decided to print up some new posters and a retractable banner that hopefully catches the eye. Then I'll actually look like a proper artist!

You'll get to admire Babs' mighty Artist Alley fort. It had a wild Kris Anka living inside at NYCC.

40 comic backlog? Come on brah, try 40 comics a week.

I will never read another James Tynion The Fourth written piece of fiction again, Batman Annual was the last straw for me. I don't know why his family continues, if it didn't work the first three times it probably wasn't going to work the fourth.
I'm losing my shit over this post. Never change Rafa.

I don't know if anyone mentioned it before, but Wicked + Divine #8 was brilliant. Adding a beat to a largely visual medium via the 1,2,3,4 was genius.

Sandman overture #4 - holy shit. I know it's taking forever to come out but it's fine. When this is all together it'll be the most beautiful collection ever. This is JH Williams III best work and I was a huge fan before. Every splash page is mesmerizing and insanely creative. This I will buy a HC version of for sure.

Who else is gonna be there brah? Might make the trek down. Good of a time as any to begin this journey......

right on! Its a smaller con and its cheap to go to. tix are like 15 or 20 bucks

Here is a list of the special guests along with bios

Here is the list of people that will be there. As for people I'm familiar with that will be attending

TIm Doyle - artist from http://www.nakatomiinc.com/

Chris Staros - Editor at Top Shelf

Robert Wilson IV - artist from Knuckleheads, most recently artist for Bitch Planet; Kristian Donaldson usually comes with him

EK Weaver - wrote and drew 'The Less than Epic Adventures of Taj and Amal'

There are a few others but those guys are the better known ones

You'll get to admire Babs' mighty Artist Alley fort. It had a wild Kris Anka living inside at NYCC.
lol She will likely have the biggest booth at Staple. Two wil Kris Anka's may fit in there

LOL did Brian Michael Bendis just retweet Sillymonkey?
and today I learned SillyMonkey has a tumblr. Followed!

Had to double checked that i hadn't clicked figuregaf by accident again.

Anyway

Nameless #1

Ahm... has Morrison just tried to reboot hellblazer with a sci-fi slant?

Owzers

Watched Big Hero 6, mostly good movie but
killing people's family members for drama is getting excessive, first you start him with his parents already having died while he was 3 and then you kill his brother in the first fifteen minutes. Also, baymax staying behind in the portal was a given, and a lot of the drama felt very overbearing and forced
I will give it a generous random 7/10 mostly for Baymax cuteness.

Owzers

we really gotta talk about Disney's
use of killing off family members as their easy, go-to drama button

Makes me like Ratatouille even more. Although the lead chef guy was a bit annoying.

random 8/10 to my memory of that movie and lowering Big Hero 6 to a 6 to compensate and because it's in the name so it had it coming

Bought some risers for my black and whites. Also used a Batman mug that don't fit a large cup from the Keurig. Batgirl B&W next to Capullo Batman and that shelf is done.

B-_I_sWVAAAv6ZA.jpg

Finally got the Batman Kotobukiya statue.

B-_H1YOXAAAyJHK.jpg

And my list

LADY KILLER #3 $3.50
BATMAN ETERNAL #48 $2.99
DETECTIVE COMICS #40 $3.99
GRAYSON #8 $2.99
HARLEY QUINN #15 $2.99
NEW 52 FUTURES END #44 (WEEKLY) $2.99
BLACK SCIENCE #12 CVR A SCALERA & DINISIO (MR) $3.50
NAMELESS #2 (MR) $2.99
RAT QUEENS #9 (MR) $3.50
REVIVAL #28 (MR) $3.99
SAGA #26 (MR) $2.99

I've spent the last 2 weeks binging through Ultimate Universe since I dropped the line just before Ultimatum. Honestly there is some good stuff in between but all of the comics kind of have a fan fiction feel after Ultimatum. Characters go crazy for weird reasons, perfectly good characters are killed off in silly ways (wtf did they kill kingpin in such a dumb random way? and Harry and Doc Ock getting identical deaths ? cmon son). Right now I'm finishing up Ultimate Doomsday and feel like its a huge waste of potential. It should have tied up loose ends and dealt with
the mystery of Roxxon Richard Parker's mysterious involvement with them, Dr.Doom, Latveria and that whole Geldoff arc they set up way earlier in USM
instead its about
Reed Richards going insane and becoming anakin skywalker

Glad I'm reading this all on marvel unlimited and didn't pay money when it was coming out. Although like I said there was some fun stuff in between like that whole chunk of USM with Gwen, Johnny, and Bobby living with them and Kitty being at the school and Mark Millar's return to Ultimates was fun. I haven't read some of the minis yet like Jason Aaron's Captain America or Ellis's later Iron Man stuff though. I liked that Millar came in and quickly retconned a bunch of shit out like thor talking like 616 version, Orson Scott Card's Iron Man, and not having Nick Fury as head of SHIELD.

Top Bottom