• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2015. No ship girls. Oh, we got a Tank Girl though!

I was just perusing the Feb COMICS! OT, because as a Marvel U reader, that's where I have to warp back to to see other people's opinions on the stuff I'm currently reading.

Just came across this exchange:

So Brian Wood is taking over All New and Uncanny X-Men?

The only thing that could make this worse is if Greg Land was back on art.

Congrats Cheska, you called it! :(

EDIT: shit, I meant to post this in the current thread!

Zombine

Banned
I wonder if Secret Wars is going to be a decent event? I honestly don't think that anyone like Trump would lead in the Republican primaries.

Mudcrab

I've spent the last 2 weeks binging through Ultimate Universe since I dropped the line just before Ultimatum. Honestly there is some good stuff in between but all of the comics kind of have a fan fiction feel after Ultimatum. Characters go crazy for weird reasons, perfectly good characters are killed off in silly ways (wtf did they kill kingpin in such a dumb random way? and Harry and Doc Ock getting identical deaths ? cmon son). Right now I'm finishing up Ultimate Doomsday and feel like its a huge waste of potential. It should have tied up loose ends and dealt with
the mystery of Roxxon Richard Parker's mysterious involvement with them, Dr.Doom, Latveria and that whole Geldoff arc they set up way earlier in USM
instead its about
Reed Richards going insane and becoming anakin skywalker

Glad I'm reading this all on marvel unlimited and didn't pay money when it was coming out. Although like I said there was some fun stuff in between like that whole chunk of USM with Gwen, Johnny, and Bobby living with them and Kitty being at the school and Mark Millar's return to Ultimates was fun. I haven't read some of the minis yet like Jason Aaron's Captain America or Ellis's later Iron Man stuff though. I liked that Millar came in and quickly retconned a bunch of shit out like thor talking like 616 version, Orson Scott Card's Iron Man, and not having Nick Fury as head of SHIELD.

RIP Gambit

stn

Hey all, just wondering how Comixology works. If I buy a digital comic do I get to download the CBR file or whatever its called? Or do I just get to read the comic any time I login to the website? Thanks!

I was so confused for a second lmao

Hey all, just wondering how Comixology works. If I buy a digital comic do I get to download the CBR file or whatever its called? Or do I just get to read the comic any time I login to the website? Thanks!

It depends. Some purchases include a cbr and pdf download; others you have to use their browser or mobile app to read. Most of the big publishers like Marvel and DC don't offer drm-free options.

Also, there's an August OT lol

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Can't wait til next month! Gonna be my biiiirthdaaaay. Looking forward to the weather warming up too.

Top Bottom