• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2015. No ship girls. Oh, we got a Tank Girl though!

Looks great
That's really, really cool Ed. Very unique style and awesome coloring. That background is pretty neat too.
Ed's work is crazy good, makes me so jealous.
EDIT: Reminded me I forgot he made me an avatar that is faaantastic! Thanks so much, Ed. Missed it when it was posted, gonna switch ASAP.
I like this
That pretty awesome.
Really good work, Ed!
Thank you for all the compliments guys! I had a lot of fun with it.

Can I use this for my phone wallpaper?
Yeah sure! Here is a high res version!
JUl8eYq.jpg

Metal Frank Solid
You didnt ask for it, but youre getting it
Nooice
Gonna be a cheerleader here for a sec, I want to show of the Batman Comishhhh you did for me last year. Was staring it down last night.
Glad to hear there's no buyer's remorse! haha I think in the future I might get a print done of that piece. Like how the moon came out.

Dude rad art aside, that coloring job is tremendous. Excellent work on the costume accents in the dark parts.
Thanks, Birdie! I used to be terrible at coloring. I didn't start trying to get better until maybe a year and a half ago. Now I feel that when Im coloring my pages, they're getting new life. So even with old pages of mine, I feel like I'm partially redoing my pages so they look better. Like here are a few pages I've colored myself. Working at it really gave me a greater appreciation for good colorists like Dean White and Jordie Bellaire

EDIT: Woah, we've made it 100 pages in on a short month. I blame ship girls.

Boogiepop

So, it was expected, but New 3DS+Amiibos+like three IST orders and that Jubilee Bishoujo and probably a few other things combined to make a monster of a bill this month. And thus, I'm taking least March off from ordering like anything (well, I got a Toad amiibo and maybe a game or two preordered with gift cards, but still). It shall be rough.

I've got the stuff I want that's coming out in the future plotted out, and I think I may at least try to hold out till the Dial H for Hero deluxe hardcover comes out.

Preacher sucked though,.

Sorta. I feel that preacher woulda been WAY better without most of the religious stuff. Starr was a fun antagonist, the fat bastard really conveyed the sense of being too fucking smart by half, and there was most certainly a lot of good stuff there.

Problem is also that Ennis's need to be far too cartoonish, thus we got shit-throwing inbred descendants, sooo many vomit jokes, starr's sexual escapades and nearly everything involving arseface.

Shitty editor, i guess.

Zombine

Banned
I think Punisher would be a good book if it didn't have all the guns and criminals and shit, and I don't understand why his family had to die? Crap writer I guess.

frye

Sorta. I feel that preacher woulda been WAY better without most of the religious stuff. Starr was a fun antagonist, the fat bastard really conveyed the sense of being too fucking smart by half, and there was most certainly a lot of good stuff there.

Problem is also that Ennis's need to be far too cartoonish, thus we got shit-throwing inbred descendants, sooo many vomit jokes, starr's sexual escapades and nearly everything involving arseface.

Shitty editor, i guess.

That's just kinda what he finds funny. I think liking Ennis means you have to deal with it one way or another, whether that means you share it or end up ignoring it. Yeah the religious stuff falls apart by the end but that's not really what Preacher is *about* y'know?

VeeP

Hey could someone spoiler the recent developments in Futures End? The past 4 issues or so? I'm mainly curious about what's happening to Tim, Terry, and Superman.

barrin87

Email them about switching vol4 out with 3. They've been good about that with me

Really? That's cool they are good with that. I'll probably just keep volume 4 though and hold off on reading it until my next IST purchase and just make sure I throw volume 3 in it.

Thanks, Birdie! I used to be terrible at coloring. I didn't start trying to get better until maybe a year and a half ago. Now I feel that when Im coloring my pages, they're getting new life. So even with old pages of mine, I feel like I'm partially redoing my pages so they look better. Like here are a few pages I've colored myself. Working at it really gave me a greater appreciation for good colorists like Dean White and Jordie Bellaire

EDIT: Woah, we've made it 100 pages in on a short month. I blame ship girls.

Your artwork is really great looking!

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
It was so good though.

He gotta be trolling. No other explanation.

I don't understand how you could possibly feel "whatever" about Preacher. I could understand completely hating it, and I could obviously understand loving it, but how do you just go "Meh" at a book like Preacher?

markwalhberghappening.gif

uhh Karen Berger a shitty editor?

Bro....

Y'want me to go through preacher finding all the examples of frankly retarded shit that could be removed at no loss to the story itself? Cuz you know there's plenty of examples there.
What is happening. Are we in Bizarro world.

That's... like... the whole premise of the book though...? I mean, it's in the name.

most =/= all.

Or do you think that having jay-z descendants flinging shit at people really added that much to the story?

Kipp

Y'want me to go through preacher finding all the examples of frankly retarded shit that could be removed at no loss to the story itself? Cuz you know there's plenty of examples there.

I also wasn't a fan of this type of thing in Preacher, but it didn't take away from the fact that it was an absolutely incredible character-driven story full of heart and superb dialogue.

I also wasn't a fan of this type of thing in Preacher, but it didn't take away from the fact that it was an absolutely incredible character-driven story full of heart and superb dialogue.
Indeed it is.
Alas, that has very little to do with the fact that the editor fucked up by giving that kinda shit a pass.

Messi

I don't understand how you could possibly feel "whatever" about Preacher. I could understand completely hating it, and I could obviously understand loving it, but how do you just go "Meh" at a book like Preacher?

Different people like different things. It's nothing to worked up over.

Kipp

Indeed it is.
Alas, that has very little to do with the fact that the editor fucked up by giving that kinda shit a pass.

I feel like that was part of the appeal for some people back when it was getting published though. Someone who was into comics back then could probably give a better point of view than my guess-work, but that was always what I assumed.
In my perfect world, the more extreme stuff wouldn't have been in Preacher, but on the other hand, Ennis' main reason for doing Preacher was just doing the comic he wanted to do. So in that sense, Preacher probably wouldn't have happened at all if he couldn't include the extreme stuff.
I'll happily abide by the handful of unnecessary bits of Preacher to get to experience the much more plentiful amazing bits.

With that said, you would also have done away with all the Arseface stuff? Arseface was so loveable...

I dunno.

I read all of it.

And when I finished it, I was like... "Eh. I could have spent that time doing something else."

It left zero impact on me.

Kipp

I dunno.

I read all of it.

And when I finished it, I was like... "Eh. I could have spent that time doing something else."

It left zero impact on me.

Huh. Fair enough I guess.
Perhaps you were hoping for something more along the lines of Punisher MAX? I know that when I first read Punisher MAX I was a bit disappointed in it because I wanted something more along the lines of Preacher and Marvel Knights Punisher.

Different people like different things. It's nothing to worked up over.

I'm just having some fun. I'm not really capable of getting worked up. I don't have enough energy in me for that. Haha
I do apologize for being that guy though, even if it wasn't my intent. I really can't stand it when people get worked up over comics, so yeah, sorry about that.

Oh, and speaking of Comics, I actually read two more issues of Alias today. Pretty good.

styl3s

Anyone own Batman Vol 1 and Vol 3 editions that come with the masks and can comment on the quality? I was at books-a-millon yesterday and they had them for $10 and $15 and i didn't think any thing of them at the time but moving around my home office i thought maybe these masks would look pretty good on display sealed or on a stand.
Ennis' Punisher MAX is one of the greatest war/crime stories of all time.

Preacher sucked though,.

Dunbar

I just went through Previews for May doing my pulls, and I'm convinced Secret Wars is going to be either the best thing ever or complete crap. Between the main series, tie in limited series, and new ongoings that are associated with the event, they have to be launching 15-20 new books. All of the limited series are 5 issues long, so it sounds like the entire Marvel line from May to September is going to be consumed with Secret Wars.

Owzers

I just went through Previews for May doing my pulls, and I'm convinced Secret Wars is going to be either the best thing ever or complete crap. Between the main series, tie in limited series, and new ongoings that are associated with the event, they have to be launching 15-20 new books. All of the limited series are 5 issues long, so it sounds like the entire Marvel line from May to September is going to be consumed with Secret Wars.

The only way to be sure is to buy them all.

Messi

eadvQl5.gif

Daily reminder that Hitman is the good parts of Preacher with all the Arseface style diversions filtered out

and better art, sorry Dillion by McCrea + Leach too stronk

Zombine

Banned
Daily reminder that Hitman is the good parts of Preacher with all the Arseface style diversions filtered out

and better art, sorry Dillion by McCrea + Leach too stronk

Yeah but where can it be read in its entirety? Or are some arcs better than others? I'd pick it up right now if someone pushed me in the right direction.

Thank god I read marvel via MU. Sure a 6 month delay but the most cost effective way. Get the ones I want to keep in CMX a sales

Owzers

Batman #38: This series it the most tedious book i read but haven't dropped out of some type of hype guilt and Capullo's art. I liked
the joker rewrite where he's now one of long-living crew and the ending where Batman goes to the Owls for some historical knowledge, but that only reminded me how disappointing the Owls storyline was

It's like continually buying Zelda games and being shocked that they are boring.

Top Bottom