• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2015. No ship girls. Oh, we got a Tank Girl though!

Zombine

Banned
Wasn't he mentally ill, not drunk?

Whatever it was. It was still a "human" moment of spoucal abuse. Not a super-powered battle between people who shrugged it off and forgot about it. No woman is going to control her hair to pin down her dude IRL.

Like I said, back to our weekend fun. I don't have any more time for this.

I feel like sillymonkey because so far none of the Secret Wars series/minis/whatever are doing anything for me from the announcements :/

If all of my Marvel stuff goes on hiatus because of this, I'm gonna be pretty bummed out.

Zombine

Banned
I feel like sillymonkey because so far none of the Secret Wars series/minis/whatever are doing anything for me from the announcements :/

If all of my Marvel stuff goes on hiatus because of this, I'm gonna be pretty bummed out.

None of them at all though? At the very least there are some fun ideas being tossed about.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Finished Unwritten vol 8, it was okay, better than vol 7. I'm not that interested in the characters or story right now, especially
whale shenanigans
Not sure if i'll go ahead and get vol 10 and 11 to finish the series presuming i skip vol 9's Fables Crossover.
Whale shenanigans is kind of the point of the story, my dude. That's what brings us to the endgame. Also, Unwritten Apocalypse is really fucking good, so my suggestion is to keep going and then give us a random review when you're done.

Grow people without kidneys so we have people to donate our unlimited kidneys to.

image.php

None of them at all though? At the very least there are some fun ideas being tossed about.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure there will be some good things in it, and I'll look into whatever gets positive buzz in here, but there's nothing announced so far that's made me really excited.
Not even Garth Ennis + WW1 + dinosaurs?

Get out

Sorry fam but I've got no real experience with Ennis. I'm not interested in Punisher and beyond that I just haven't read any of his other popular stuff like Preacher or Hitman. Got too much to read as it is, but I'd like to try out Hitman eventually since that seems kinda up my alley.

Like I just said though, if anything gets good word of mouth in here, I'll definitely check it out. But right now there's nothing like Howard the Duck where I look at it and know that I have to read it.

Owzers

Whale shenanigans is kind of the point of the story, my dude. That's what brings us to the endgame. Also, Unwritten Apocalypse is really fucking good, so my suggestion is to keep going and then give us a random review when you're done.

I liked Unwritten better before it got whaled, when the scope of the story was narrower. Volume 1 and 2 were my favorites of the whole series, we are a long ways from there.

Tizoc

Sorry fam but I've got no real experience with Ennis. I'm not interested in Punisher and beyond that I just haven't read any of his other popular stuff like Preacher or Hitman. Got too much to read as it is, but I'd like to try out Hitman eventually since that seems kinda up my alley.

Like I just said though, if anything gets good word of mouth in here, I'll definitely check it out. But right now there's nothing like Howard the Duck where I look at it and know that I have to read it.

Jigga, spare me your excuses.
Read the upcoming Garth Ennis comic that has dinosaurs when it is out.

...and while we're at it, everyone get this book
http://www.amazon.com/dp/0785108033/?tag=neogaf0e-20

It's only a fiver!

Zombine

Banned
Grab a tablet + Marvel Unlimited sub and you'll be good to go. Floppies + bankruptcy lawyer is a good combo too.

He'll be good to go-ish. It's great if you're trying to catch up on some older shit, but not if you want to be current. Tablet + MU + Comixology is the best. If you don't have a lot of cash just buy Marvel codes on ebay for a dollar or two.

tim1138

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure there will be some good things in it, and I'll look into whatever gets positive buzz in here, but there's nothing announced so far that's made me really excited.

If you've got no interest in a comic with dinosaurs in it, than you need to leave.

get-out-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-192.gif

Tablet + Comixology is the way I'll probably go, yeah. Not really itching for tons of old stuff, I'm just mostly interested in ongoing Marvel stuff plus Sonic and Mega Man.

Tizoc

I'm worried about you. Why have you said nothing about the Sega x Capcpom collab?

Teaser is so hype.

Oh I am hype, I just...never bothered to post about it haha.
Mind you I expect, at least, some good fun character interactions, with these kind of major crossover stuff I try not to focus TOO much on the plot and its implications =3

Read some books at work today..

Black Hood #1 was awesome,. My type of book, really curious to see where they go with this, or if well see more back story.

D4VE #1 was also pretty good. Decent Idea, Robots got to smart,, took over the world. It looks like it may be a decent comedy type comic.

Curb Stomp #1 was pretty good too. It's a 4 part mini series, it reminds me kinda of The Warriors.. good first issue will prolly stay with it.

chill fam, I never said I would flat out not buy anything from Secret Wars

My lack of experience with Ennis is the whole reason why I'm not all that excited in his book. It's not like I'm just dismissing it entirely. If I hear it's good from people here then yeah, I'll check it out. I've blind bought quite a few books based on impressions here: Stray Bullets, Casanova, Kill Your Boyfriend, Batgirl, etc. so it's not like I'm just saying empty words.

I've been trying to get into Champions Online recently, but it's just not the same.

That game is a criminal waste of that universe.

"Conquerors, Killers and Crooks" might be my favourite RPG book of all time. Even not knowing much about Hero System, that book has provided the template for many of my villains across all genres.

Indeed. That's not stopping me from downloading DC Universe Online right now to give it a shot.

But man, CoH is something special to me.

I might try it, but I'm playing Star Trek Online. Game is super grindy, but if I get even 50 hours out of it without paying I'll call that a win. I see people with Sovereign and Odyssey class ships and I'm all like:
45329-iron-man-pepper-potts-robert-d-VJR6.gif

A Reliant class is pretty cool as a starter ship though.

Sitting here going over PC parts right now. I want to live the dream.

Zombine

Banned
City of Heroes went offline years ago. Lol.

At the very least get yourself a 970. I'm running Sleeping Dogs on extreme at 120fps.
Building a gaming PC was one of the best decisions of my life.

Zombine

Banned
Still hurts, though.

I've got high hopes for City of Titans, but the lack of a Mastermind class at launch is disappointing.

Just watched the Teaser Trailer and I'm getting some Third Reich vibes from the architecture lol. That's some SS looking shit. I hope it does turn out well though.

City of Heroes went offline years ago. Lol.

At the very least get yourself a 970. I'm running Sleeping Dogs on extreme at 120fps.

Was talking about DC Universe Online. I do love the opening cinematic, even if it's very grimdark.

Here it is, if you haven't seen it.

It's Bend Studios so it's pretty awesome.

Also cool from that game:
Batman explains how to beat the Justice League (Conroy voicing)

I'm getting a 970 hopefully. The VRAM thing bugs the shit out of me but I guess I can buy a new card for my birthday next year. I would get a 980 but not worth the extra scratch for the marginal improvement. Building from the ground up, even getting new KBAM and some proper speakers, so every penny counts.

Zombine

Banned
Was talking about DC Universe Online. I do love the opening cinematic, even if it's very grimdark.

Here it is, if you haven't seen it.

It's Bend Studios so it's pretty awesome.

Also cool from that game:
Batman explains how to beat the Justice League (Conroy voicing)

I'm getting a 970 hopefully. The VRAM thing bugs the shit out of me but I guess I can buy a new card for my birthday next year. I would get a 980 but not worth the extra scratch for the marginal improvement. Building from the ground up, even getting new KBAM and some proper speakers, so every penny counts.

I looooove my DCU character. Haven't played in forever but it was fun while I played.

barrin87

I got a job

200w.gif

Congrats, Messi!!!

Woot, my an IST order in the mail today!

DC The New Frontier
Trees
Spawn Origins Volume 4 trade (which was really stupid of me because I meant to order volume 3)

They didn't send me my copy of Lost at Sea though so looks like I'll have to contact them over that.

Think I'll start reading Trees today.

Congrats, Messi!!!

Woot, my an IST order in the mail today!

DC The New Frontier
Trees
Spawn Origins Volume 4 trade (which was really stupid of me because I meant to order volume 3)

They didn't send me my copy of Lost at Sea though so looks like I'll have to contact them over that.

Think I'll start reading Trees today.
Email them about switching vol4 out with 3. They've been good about that with me

Just watched the Teaser Trailer and I'm getting some Third Reich vibes from the architecture lol. That's some SS looking shit. I hope it does turn out well though.

The newest updates are pretty encouraging; they've switched over to Unreal 4, and it's looking good. Still no release date, tho.

chill fam, I never said I would flat out not buy anything from Secret Wars

My lack of experience with Ennis is the whole reason why I'm not all that excited in his book. It's not like I'm just dismissing it entirely. If I hear it's good from people here then yeah, I'll check it out. I've blind bought quite a few books based on impressions here: Stray Bullets, Casanova, Kill Your Boyfriend, Batgirl, etc. so it's not like I'm just saying empty words.

Yeah, its more of an... orientation deal, yes?

For example, Punisher Max or Fury Muh War Gone By. When someone recommends either book, they (usually) do so because they believe that the writing on those is so solid that they've universal appeal, even if you've no interest in the character. The same goes for, say, Hickman's F4 and the like. The character is secondary to the quality of the writing.

Alas, ennis has most certainly also published a whole lotta crap, so blind faith with him is indeed a recipe for disappointment.

Top Bottom