• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CES 2020 [OT] Tech Tock, Next-Gen is coming

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
ImpressiveElatedComet-size_restricted.gif

Perfect, lol

mortal

Gold Member
I swear to God, some of you guys are masochists. What the hell were you expecting? Come the fuck on now lol

Of course it would be a tease of a tease.

Last edited:

DJ12

More vague talk of unprecedented speed much like ms. Neither of them confident of being the most powerful.

We werent trolled by sony, its the 'insiders' trolling us lol.

Guess you could say they were right as ps5 was mentioned but we were promised much more god damn it!!! Lol

Back to Feb it is then.

Note to self, if it isn't cerny on stage we are getting nothing.

Last edited:

Soapbox Killer

Grand Nagus
They did show "something" during the montage that I could not readily identify and it looked hardware-ish but its very hard to see.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Everyone’s pretending like Final Fantasy VII and Resident Evil 3 aren’t coming out. Does everyone realize we have a handful of IPs to enjoy before we dismiss current gen?

I get it, they’re hesitant, but does everyone want to feel like they’re just buying flash bangs?

That PS presentation was basically “we will show you more later. PlayStation is all about the community”? Greatness coming soon 2020. What weight do 2020’s releases have if you want all eyes on holiday 2020 in January. Still early IMO

PhoenixTank

FFS SONY! Really dropped the ball at CES. No Metroid Prime 4 footage and still no Trilogy Collection either!

:messenger_tears_of_joy:

Lol the laptop U series and H series, making no bones about going directly after where Intel is still strong for now. If this "best laptop CPU ever" pans out, that fortress may have some cracks in it.

Hmmm, 90% better multicore and better single core than Ice Lake at 15W...Imagine if the next MBP switched for this, the stock would go into full fomo rocket mode again.

They have to walk the walk on battery life though, this is where Intel has been ahead.
I'm very late to this but they might well get close this time. Fully integrated 7nm (no IO die) is a surprise to me, but obvious in retrospect and that is going to make a difference.
I await the tests and benchmarks - we'll see how it goes but if nothing else they're going to be far more competitive on laptops now than I ever remember.

Banned
sooooooo, all in all the most exciting thing in terms of gaming stuff was that 1 second long rear shot of the Xbox Series X...

welp, I expect nothing from these CES conferences and Ingot slightly more than nothing... yay?

edit: oh, I just read that that render of the Series X was fake... so... basically we got to see that PS5 logo... still looking awful as always...

so CES was a complete no show and so I got what I escaped 👍

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
sooooooo, all in all the most exciting thing in terms of gaming stuff was that 1 second long rear shot of the Xbox Series X...
And it turns out that even that was bunk

F

Foamy

Unconfirmed Member
Really Sony? A PS5 logo? You would have been better off not even mentioning PS5.
Block heads.

Top Bottom