• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AMD announces pressconference at CES

SantaC

AMD Announces Press Conference at CES 2020

SANTA CLARA, Calif., Dec. 31, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) today announced that it will hold a press conference as a part of the official CES 2020 Media Days, and hosted by AMD President and CEO Dr. Lisa Su. The event is scheduled for Monday, Jan. 6 at 2:00 p.m. PST at the Mandalay Bay.
A live stream of the event will be available on the AMD YouTube channel. An archived version of the webcast will be available approximately two hours after the event and can be found on the AMD YouTube channel.

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
You mean Sony is going to be at CES? Sure is. Will they talk about PS5? Most likely not. AMD and Sony both being at CES is no indication of that. They always are.

"little reveals" are not how you reveal a new console.
While this is true I also believe that Sony can reveal their new system anywhere due to their reputation

Maybe it doesn't make sense but they can make the internet explode by just a tweet

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
While this is true I also believe that Sony can reveal their new system anywhere due to their reputation

Maybe it doesn't make sense but they can make the internet explode by just a tweet

And it'll still be less effective than a proper event. There's no reason to take a less effective route when they have a more effective ones. We're not talking about small investments here, that one can afford to half-ass on just because it'll work out fine anyway.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
And it'll still be less effective than a proper event. There's no reason to take a less effective route when they have a more effective ones. We're not talking about small investments here, that one can afford to half-ass on just because it'll work out fine anyway.

Don't forget Sony announced the PS5 this way.

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
Don't forget Sony announced the PS5 this way.

This way what? an exclusive article on one of the biggest tech media outlets of the world is hardly a mention in passing at a conference dedicated to something else entirely.

We've seen Sony's CES conferences before. We pretty much know what to expect

AMD will talk about their work with console manufacturers and Mark Cerny.

Maybe, we will see some cross-over work between Mark Cerny, the PS5 and AMD tech.

I can't see a PS5 reveal this early, before MS shows their hand.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
This way what? an exclusive article on one of the biggest tech media outlets of the world is hardly a mention in passing at a conference dedicated to something else entirely.

We've seen Sony's CES conferences before. We pretty much know what to expect

Compare that "article" to how every other Playstation has been first talked about though. It was super low key. Just because you have a subscription to Wired Magazine, doesn't mean the other 100 million of us Playstation owners have it.

Gamernyc78

Banned
Compare that "article" to how every other Playstation has been first talked about though. It was super low key. Just because you have a subscription to Wired Magazine, doesn't mean the other 100 million of us Playstation owners have it.

I honestly never heard of wired till thelat day lol and I'm 41. Maybe in passing yeah but tht wasn't reaching the masses or casuals who buy these consoles so I agree. Now after of course it hit YouTube, social media, forums, etc and thts how ppl heard.

sendit

You mean Sony is going to be at CES? Sure is. Will they talk about PS5? Most likely not. AMD and Sony both being at CES is no indication of that. They always are.

"little reveals" are not how you reveal a new console.

Where have you been? This is what Microsoft and Sony have been doing for the past year now.

Top Bottom