• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CES 2020 [OT] Tech Tock, Next-Gen is coming

bitbydeath

ces-2020-banner.png

The Main Events (Gaming Related)

EbvJz45.jpg

0lUlBm2.jpg
t1578348000z4.png
t1578358800z4.png

All Keynotes

Sunday, January 5 2020
Monday, January 6 2020

Where to Watch

AMD

https://www.amd.com/en/events/ces

Sony

https://www.sony.com/electronics/ces

Will Xbox and Playstation Attend?

PlayStation Hints

PS4 Reveal

CES Announcement
LFkiF9A_d.jpg

img_1160.jpg

tbWDlbw_d.jpg

Xbox Hints
Sr. Director of HW at Xbox. Developed the Elite Wireless Controller Series 1 and Series 2, now working on Project Scarlett!!

Last edited:

Shin

Banned
So Sony presentation is tomorrow. I’m still not completely convinced we are going to,see a lot about the PS5.
The only thing that stands out about all this is Cory Barlog being there, which is unusual IMO.
Plus the hand sign is V/5, perhaps Sony will demo Dad of War on PS5 or whatever (the story seems it plays to the right notes for that crowd).

magnumpy

a playstation tweet from 2013? yeah I don't expect much more from this show than sonys latest overpriced TVs :(

• LOL
Reactions: Isa

bitbydeath

The only thing that stands out about all this is Cory Barlog being there, which is unusual IMO.
Plus the hand sign is V/5, perhaps Sony will demo Dad of War on PS5 or whatever (the story seems it plays to the right notes for that crowd).

We’ve also seen it heat up a bit today with what looks to be a controlled leak of the devkit (given the guy barely censored his name and face), OsirisBlack OsirisBlack hinting at a PS5 unveiling tomorrow and someone named J -Jay-Rod- stating it will be a full spec reveal.

Last edited:

scalman

Sony teased us they could show at least trailer with couple new games cuts in it and i would be happy. Not so much care for power , it will be powerfull enough for all next gen is needed.

Shin

Banned
a playstation tweet from 2013? yeah I don't expect much more from this show than sonys latest overpriced TVs :(
About that, I'm really curious how it's going to play out.
The thing with MediaTek SoC and Android 10 happen last month IIRC, they are set to debut new Tv's today/tomorrow, would make them a laughing stock if those Tv's contain MediaTec SoC's again.

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
I think we will see a tease for the PS5 either the console or the controller ( final version )
Sony is playing it cool , and we are about to feel the storm behind that silence

Hope so

Arcade 1UP is announcing new cabinets and one of them is rumored to be a Marvel vs Capcom. I hope that means the rights are all figured out and we'll see MVC2 release on current gen. NBA Jam, Big Buck Hunter, new Pac Man cabinet and 2 pinball machines are also said to be announced. The Pinballs use ZEN studios Universal Studios and Star Wars tables.

Last edited:

Fenris Wolf

Don't want to pretend that i'm not hyped about it but i do really hope that Sony either reveals specs or PSMeeting's date in this conference alongside whatever else they are going to do (which is probably some Phone - TV related announcements)

scalman

Well ces is not about games or even consoles so sony could show lots new stuff and dont show ps5 at all who knows

Last edited:

Carna

Banned
Have to go to work at 11 (est) so I might miss it (the ps5 reveal)

Last edited:

HarryKS

100% gonna mention PS5 at their conference. How much though? 2 seconds, 1 min, 10 minutes.

Same with Xbox.

imsosleepy

yup i wonder why
they start with a random wired post for the reveal of its existence and specs.
Then more random announcements. And now on playstation twitter we see them post about ''see the future'' on CES. Not many gamers wil tune in to that. Its convention is filled with mainstream focused people.

in 2020 they wil have 2 KILLER exclusives. Maybe thats why they dont want to do a big reveal of the ps5 and its games before those games come out? But then its well beyond summer already. So instead they do these low hype reveals? Could be.. I dunno, just find it weird the way they are going at this

vpance

Then more random announcements. And now on playstation twitter we see them post about ''see the future'' on CES. Not many gamers wil tune in to that. Its convention is filled with mainstream focused people.

in 2020 they wil have 2 KILLER exclusives. Maybe thats why they dont want to do a big reveal of the ps5 and its games before those games come out? But then its well beyond summer already. So instead they do these low hype reveals? Could be.. I dunno, just find it weird the way they are going at this

I think they're just really busy. Probably even more than they were before the PS4 launch. Last year they weren't going to E3 so they had to toss out a nugget of info with the Wired article.

Gamernyc78

Banned

I find their drip feed awesome. Ppl on here are thirstier everytime thy hear one little thing and thy have made everyone super anxious. They have given enough vague info to keep ppl hooked butttt not enough to blow their load.

magnumpy

ms already came out with the next xbox reveal. sony should follow up with the ps5 reveal. whether they choose to do that at this conference is anybodies guess. I hope they do though! I'm sick of waiting for the future I want everything now! >:|

Reactions: Isa
Top Bottom