• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian BeFirstToPlay Winners : 360 is In

stewy

OK, can someone please tell me? How was this delivered? Canada Post? UPS? FedEx?

Mine didn't show today, so I'm curious.

srst said:
Just tried a handful of XB1 games and none of them work. I get this message.

live5ww.jpg

Games tested:

Buffy:tvps
Dead or Alive 3
Dead or Alive: XBV
ESPN NHL Hockey 2k4
Gunvalkyrie
Jet Set Radio Future
KOTOR
Midtown Madness 3
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Rainbow Six 3
Rallisport 2
SSX Tricky

I'm not going to bother now...I have lots of work to do.

Don't you have to install drivers from Xbox Live to get any BC to work? Only Halo 1 & 2 works out of the box if I'm not mistaken.

LakeEarth

Yeah its seriously good.

I'm just exploring the hard drive right now. Bunch of shitty music, shitty videos... but its cool that they included it, plus the visualization is trippy :lol

joaomgcd

LakeEarth said:
Yeah its seriously good.

I'm just exploring the hard drive right now. Bunch of shitty music, shitty videos... but its cool that they included it, plus the visualization is trippy :lol

BC impressions, pleeeease ;)
Even on SD it should be better, with FSAA, right?

LakeEarth

I'll work on the BC soon. First piece of bad news - the D-Pad SUCKS! It doesn't register like 10% of the time which is really bad.

Here's a pic I took, I already regret it :lol
Image112.jpg

Acosta

100-127?

Damn, that sucks. I will have to add a bulky converter to an already bulky power supply, it´s going to look a monster. Thanks for that info (I asked my system to a shop in Canada, but I doubt it will be in Spain tomorrow :()

Acosta

Please!, a need a clarification and it must be fast...

It´s true that the system requieres 207 watts?

I don´t know any converter capable to get me 207 watts. If this is true I could´t import the system at all (and I have it preordered). Need to know soon to cancel it if possible.

I would appreciate an answer.

LakeEarth

Watts? (looks at plug) 203W. I dunno if that's you were looking for.

And I can't get on Xbox Live. Well... it knows its on Live, but it won't sign me in. I tried signing up two different ways, both didn't lead me to getting online. Anyone else get signed in yet?

And Fable does not work BC out of the box. I can't find my Halo 2 and I don't own Halo 1 so I'm out of luck on BC for now. Sorry.

newsguy

LakeEarth said:
And I can't get on Xbox Live. Well... it knows its on Live, but it won't sign me in. I tried signing up two different ways, both didn't lead me to getting online. Anyone else get signed in yet?

According to the impressions I linked to no one has been able to sign in although it lets you get online.

Acosta

F****, why the hell they need so much power?

Thank you a lot for the fast answer. Seems there won´t be Region 1 american Xbox 360 for me (In case I can cancel, if not I will have a nice useless white thing of 400$ :p).

Spike

BBBBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

I got it!!!! First thing I did was lift the box over my head then pass it onto my brother to do the same, just like the Stanley Cup!! :D

Damn, today is a good day!! My X360 is here with Kameo, I got Viewtiful Joe DS, and Mario Kart DS!!!!

Christmas came early this year!!!!!!!

hgplayer1

Spike said:

I got it!!!! First thing I did was lift the box over my head then pass it onto my brother to do the same, just like the Stanley Cup!! :D

Damn, today is a good day!! My X360 is here with Kameo, I got Viewtiful Joe DS, and Mario Kart DS!!!!

youre such a good brother. I woulda gone all Golem on my brothers ass, "dont touch my preciousssssss"

I wish I was young again so I could do silly things like that though :lol

newsguy

Spike said:

Stop camping on that shit. Impressions now! Puff puff give, puff puff give.

Speevy said:
Why isn't backward compatibility working?
it's working for the two games that have support on the HDD... the other games won't work until an update is downloaded, and nobody can connect to LIVE with their 360, so BC is dead unless you have one of the Halo twins

Lo-Volt

LakeEarth said:
I'll work on the BC soon. First piece of bad news - the D-Pad SUCKS! It doesn't register like 10% of the time which is really bad.

Here's a pic I took, I already regret it :lol
Image112.jpg

Please, sir, may I have some more? 360 console pictures? :) Seriously, you lucky winners better give us what we need to get through the day, eh?

Tiktaalik

I missed the UPS man because I had to be at school for my midterm today. :(

I was sad so I went and got Mario Kart DS and Castlevania DS at TRU ($10 off all DS games in Canada!).

I played the Kameo demo at EB and it confirmed my initial thoughts about the game. I'm definitely Ebaying it as soon as I get it. EB is only giving C$20 in trade for it. It's like they already know it's going to suck.

Lo-Volt

Zaxxon said:
I missed the UPS man because I had to be at school for my midterm today. :(

I was sad so I went and got Mario Kart DS and Castlevania DS at TRU ($10 off all DS games in Canada!).

I played the Kameo demo at EB and it confirmed my initial thoughts about the game. I'm definitely Ebaying it as soon as I get it. EB is only giving C$20 in trade for it. It's like they already know it's going to suck.

$20 Canadian for a game that hasn't had its console officially launch? :lol EB is stingy this year.

Tiktaalik

Lo-Volt said:
$20 Canadian for a game that hasn't had its console officially launch? :lol EB is stingy this year.

Yeah I wasn't to pleased. You know it's sad when I've been going to TRU more this year than EB.

LakeEarth

Image132.jpg

Box about 2/3rds the size of the original Xbox's.

Image131.jpg

Just what I got.

Sorry I just got a shitty webcam, so really there isn't much I can show.

Fifty

That's $125 over cost! Not bad Dopey....I however am just planning on robbing him! Meet you at the north Sherway parking lot..bring a crowbar and a mask.

wow, contest winners owned... (including me this saturday)

Major Nelson said:
Launch day is the 22nd...you'll be able to connect at that time.

Congratulations on your win, if you have any games...feel free to start playing them now. That way when your Xbox 360 can connect to the service, your achievements will be uploaded for the world to see.
Link - Source

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Fifty said:
That's $125 over cost! Not bad Dopey....I however am just planning on robbing him! Meet you at the north Sherway parking lot..bring a crowbar and a mask.

oh shit, you've been actually paying attention to where i'm planning on buying my 360 :lol

edit: and it's 200 over! no taxes going to the government :D:D

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
DenogginizerOS said:
No. Microsoft should clarify that 7GB of the 20GB hard drive are consumed out of the box. 33% is a lot of hard drive usage for them to overlook it.

Have you bought a PC hard drive before? Hard drives never have the capacity stated on the box.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
SnowWolf said:
Have you bought a PC hard drive before? Hard drives never have the capacity stated on the box.

Wow that's a lame excuse, typically its within the same gig

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
SnowWolf said:

Not 7GB worth of space though. Windows (I forget what it actually does) reserves some space on the HDD itself. But i've never seen anything past 1-2GBs

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Osorio said:
And Arne never answered what took so much space since the emulation software was 35 MB. =/.
precisley.

Just for fun, what if there is a game locked inside the hard drive that will be unlocked on launch day? Half-Life 2 and other big releases could easily fit in their entirety in 7GB. Hrmmmmmm.

Osorio

DenogginizerOS said:
precisley.

Just for fun, what if there is a game locked inside the hard drive that will be unlocked on launch day? Half-Life 2 and other big releases could easily fit in their entirety in 7GB. Hrmmmmmm.
Halo 3 of course!

human5892

Queen of Denmark
DenogginizerOS said:
precisley.

Perhaps he was only referring to the emulation program itself, and the actual software .exe files take up the rest of the space.

LakeEarth

VisionaryQuest0 said:
Some of those preinstalled HD vids could easily be culprits. Definitely if they are pretty long videos each.
The titanic ones are 15 minutes, the other 3 are about 8 minutes. So its about 40 minutes worth of video. I think they're all HD.

I said it before, but the D-Pad sucks balls. It doesn't work well at all. Did I get a defective one or is this just how it is?

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
human5892 said:
Perhaps he was only referring to the emulation program itself, and the actual software .exe files take up the rest of the space.

7GB? Seems like a lot of space for execute files and what not. Besides, any future additions to the BC list would quickly decimate your hard drive space if they add more to the 200 already available (well, on the 22nd that is).

Top Bottom