• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian BeFirstToPlay Winners : 360 is In

truffleshuffle83 said:
what content is preloaded EGM??? hook us up
So long as they haven't changed the on-board material from the X360s I've seen and handled (hey, you never know when those inane Canadian content rules will kick in), you're looking at 4 videos (one X360-Allard hype video practically ripped off the website, one lame ass Titanic video and couple others of no consequence), a bunch of music (roughly 10-15 tracks or so) and Hexic.

In total, the content eats up roughly 2GB out of the available 13GB on the hard drive. The emulator software eats up a good 7GB out-of-the-box... so don't count on being able to play around with the full 20GB. No word yet as to how much data the online updates will chew through after you grab all of those compatability downloads from XBL.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
tip: when you host your images on different sites, reupload them for each forum if you're using imageshack

it's bad enough using imageshack pics on GAF alone...

LakeEarth

Sathsquatch said:
Work? Why are you worried about going to work when you have important videogames to play?
Its not a job where I can just call in sick, but it is a job where I read GAF for a couple of minutes here or there :lol

The only thing I can really tell you is that the box is smaller than I thought it would be, especially considering how much stuff is in there. Its all in there tight, and the harddrive was already inside the system. I was having troulbe getting the controller to turn on the system, I actually thought it was the batteries. After fiddling with them, the controller then just started to work. I dunno what I did to get it to eventually work. The free remote it came with was really small, but you get what you pay for I guess. When turning it on for the first time, it asks you if you want to make an profile, even offline. There was no way to skip it so you MUST name your 360, apparently. And as I stated before, the power supply is nearly the size of a PStwo, how much power does the 360 drain?

That's pretty much all I got to see before heading off.

ghostface

Hey LakeEarth/EGM,

Did you receive warranty information with the system? Some people are reporting to have not gotten the warranty card.

LakeEarth

I remember seeing a pamphlet about "protecting your 360" but I didn't read it. I will give it a closer look when I get home ~ 6pm. And I don't think EGM is gonna be opening his 360 :lol

EGM92

ghostface said:
Hey LakeEarth/EGM,

Did you receive warranty information with the system? Some people are reporting to have not gotten the warranty card.

I haven't opened my console yet lol If I do decide to keep it I'll let you know.

Matlock

Banned
Wario64 said:
tip: when you host your images on different sites, reupload them for each forum if you're using imageshack

it's bad enough using imageshack pics on GAF alone...

Or at least use thumbnails. I mean, jesus christ, it provides you the code.

raYne said:
Read your post and went wtf@ the "17 more days" comment, till I realised where you were. :lol

Thanks for the compassion! :(

johnjohnson said:
Could one of you lucky guys please make a photo of the lower side of the power supply? I'm asking myself whether it supports 110 and 230v or not.

Üp!

raYne

johnjohnson said:
Thanks for the compassion! :(
The "lol" wasn't really directed at you.. it was me laughing at myself since I forgot that other markets have differen't launch dates.

As for the second part, EGM doesn't wanna open his since he's not keeping it anyway. LakeEarth is at work so no pics from him either.

As for the other guy, were I in his shoes, I wouldn't even be on the board to see the request. ;)

LakeEarth

Its all up to srst! COME ON SRST!!! EDIT - or Hlazzo who said he got it in the other thread.

Besides I don't have a digital camera so it'd be webcam pics, I wouldn't be able to show much.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
B-Rad Lascelle said:
In total, the content eats up roughly 2GB out of the available 13GB on the hard drive. The emulator software eats up a good 7GB out-of-the-box...

o_0

Crikey! How big will the patches be for BC?

raYne

LakeEarth said:
Besides I don't have a digital camera so it'd be webcam pics, I wouldn't be able to show much.
He only wants to know if the power supply is compatible. He doesn't even really need pics, just someone to type up what the voltage etc is on the ps.

Musashi Wins! said:
I feel so let down by our neighbors to the north right now :(
This is true.... :'(

Fifty

I live in Southern Ontario......why can't it go to me!? I can play it now and I don't want to sell it off! Oh cruel world.....

teiresias

So given how much room all of this stuff takes up on the included harddrive, I'm guessing MS is still counting on Premium bundle owners to be forking up money for another harddrive soon as well.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
teiresias said:
So given how much room all of this stuff takes up on the included harddrive, I'm guessing MS is still counting on Premium bundle owners to be forking up money for another harddrive soon as well.

Seriously. A 20 GB harddrive and over 1/3 is already used up out of the box. Ugh.

yeah because its gonna be so easy to fill 13 gb with legit stuff????? they already said adding new BC games is like 5MB, all the rest will be in game saves demos and music.

raYne

Even though I doubt I'll be using all the space in the first place, they better have the option to delete all the pre-loaded stuff on the HDD.

After the inital watching of the videos and checking what music they uploaded, I'm hoping to recover that lost space...

Come on Canadians! Confirm things already!

DenogginizerOS

When I read 20GB hard drive, I guess I thought that meant 20GB of free space. Do 64MB memory cards have 22 of the 64MB filled up with stuff?

teiresias

Well, obviously I'd think the included extra content can be deleted, but I'd hope they include a recovery disc to reload the backwards compatibility software if you delete it and then want it back.

raYne

^ Says you. Yes, it makes sense... but I still want confirmation.

DenogginizerOS said:
When I read 20GB hard drive, I guess I thought that meant 20GB of free space. Do 64MB memory cards have 22 of the 64MB filled up with stuff?
FYI, you didn't have full use of all the space in the xbox either. It is to be extected that you couldn't use ALL 20gigs in the 360. I just didn't expect them to waste a bunch of space on useless things from the get go.

(come on delete option!)

Tenacious-V

Thinks his PR is better than yours.
Sweetness, I just got mine in to, like 2 minutes ago!!. It does indeed have Kameo!! Fuck yeah!!! But I can't play the sucker till I'm done work, so off I go.

Razoric

Banned
Tenacious-V said:
Sweetness, I just got mine in to, like 2 minutes ago!!. It does indeed have Kameo!! Fuck yeah!!! But I can't play the sucker till I'm done work, so off I go.

Damn it. You guys need to skip work! These are video games we are talking about... get fired if you have to! :p

Jerkface

Banned
7Gb for the emulator? There has to be something hidden in that lot, that seems far too big for config files and a piece of software.

raYne

Tenacious-V said:
Way to be helpfull. You lose johnjohnson... flawless victory...

:lol

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Jerkface said:
7Gb for the emulator? There has to be something hidden in that lot, that seems far too big for config files and a piece of software.

I'm thinking the same thing but it makes you wonder how Microsoft went about doing their BC solution. Maybe they really are directly messing with all the executables for each game or something. That truly is a whole lot of space for emulation software.

It can't be that big though...

BlueTsunami said:
I'm thinking the same thing but it makes you wonder how Microsoft went about doing their BC solution. Maybe they really are directly messing with all the executables for each game or something. That truly is a whole lot of space for emulation software.

It can't be that big though...
We tried formatting the drive and the only option was to "format it to a 13GB capacity" after completion. I imagine there's a backdoor method at deleting the emulator files if desired... it's essentially a laptop hard drive in a casing, after all. Not everyone is going to want emulation functionality, after all.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
B-Rad Lascelle said:
We tried formatting the drive and the only option was to "format it to a 13GB capacity" after completion. I imagine there's a backdoor method at deleting the emulator files if desired... it's essentially a laptop hard drive in a casing, after all. Not everyone is going to want emulation functionality, after all.

Hmmm. So its being treated like "important system files" type of situation. Obviously its a fail safe so the general user can't delete the files and can't play Halo2 for some reason.

I wonder how future BC games will turn out and how much space each new BC'ed game patch will consume. I personally think that it sucks that your essentially paying $100 for a 20 GB HDD that has 7GB already being eaten up by BC software.

IJoel

7GB for an emulator is really ridiculous. It's almost as if they packed all executables compressed and have an engine to decompress them and an emulator to run them.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if this was the case. If you think about it, executables aren't more than a few MB in size. Say 5MB per executable, you can fit 200 within 1GB. You can pretty much pack the entire library within those 7GB.

stewy

so does everyone who's received theirs live in Ontario? FedEx guy was just here and unless the 360 fits into one of those little envelopes, mine ain't coming today.

hgplayer1

I gotta admit if I was one of the first people to get one I wouldnt bother posting impressions until after I had messed around with it for quite a while, but CMON DAMMIT !!!!!!! :lol

DenogginizerOS

They should have made a 27GB hard drive if they are going to advertise it as a 20. Or just say 13GB free. The 20GB advertisement is misleading.

So, will tard owners who buy a hard drive later have 7GB consumed as well? I'm guessing yes.

Top Bottom