• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian BeFirstToPlay Winners : 360 is In

LakeEarth

Norse said:
not live..the xbox.com site said you could d/l a cd image from there and pop it in your xbox360 and it would auto install.
Oh I didn't know that. I'll check it out, but since Xbox.com relaunched recently, there have been like no options. But I'll look to see.

EDIT - yeah I can't find where to download them. But I can finally check who's online off of the site. I wonder if the option of MSN giving Live Alerts will come back. So this "put it on a CD" thing will probably be available a few days before the launch, or maybe not till launch.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
somebody test it with XP media connect 2.0 - see what it can stream over the network.

And someone else try it with media centre.

Kon Tiki

Banned
Music and picture only.

Music streams nice. However it can not play an album (i.e. auto play next song) unless you manually make a playlist. PLus there is too many buttons press to play a song. XBMC beats it in that area.

Why can you not stream movies? (manual says music and pics only)

It said I needed to stick a usb drive in my xbox260 to upgrade something, but I do not have a usb thumbdrive.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Kon Tiki said:
Music and picture only.

Music streams nice. However it can not play an album (i.e. auto play next song) unless you manually make a playlist. PLus there is too many buttons press to play a song. XBMC beats it in that area.

Why can you not stream movies? (manual says music and pics only)

It said I needed to stick a usb drive in my xbox260 to upgrade something, but I do not have a usb thumbdrive.

Wait a sec.. WTF!?
One of the primary reasons I was planning on keeping it this year was for this reason, acting as a HTPC with a Media Center computer... so they ditched it??

Hopefully your just doing something wrong, cause i'm going to be seriously pissed off if they dropped it.

Seth C

As someone already mentioned, the formatted size of a 20GB HD is already going to be in the 18GB range. Now, to emulate the Xbox, the system will probably need the proper hard drive partitions. I believe the Xbox was formatted as follows:

C: 500MB
E: 1GB
X: 750MB
Y: 750MB
Z: 750MB

So, that's another 3GB killed to allow you to play your Xbox games, knocking down the available space to 15.5GB or so. It's not hard to imagine the video content, Hexic, music, and various other things taking up another 2 gigs.

joaomgcd

Seth C said:
As someone already mentioned, the formatted size of a 20GB HD is already going to be in the 18GB range. Now, to emulate the Xbox, the system will probably need the proper hard drive partitions. I believe the Xbox was formatted as follows:

C: 500MB
E: 1GB
X: 750MB
Y: 750MB
Z: 750MB

So, that's another 3GB killed to allow you to play your Xbox games, knocking down the available space to 15.5GB or so. It's not hard to imagine the video content, Hexic, music, and various other things taking up another 2 gigs.

E: is almost 5GB, not 1Gb :)

shantyman

WHO DEY!?
m0dus said:
How the flying fuck does explaining where 7 gigs has gone make me a drone, Jackass? Here's something else for you to contemplate--Go fuck yourself.

Pissant :lol

No, not for no reason. You are the biggest X Box apologist on this board. Until I have a real explanation (not conjecture) as to where all that space went (and how to recover it) It's BS.

stewy

wh00t. Mine just showed up. I guess someone right up the street won one, too, cause the UPS guy was wondering what the heck Pepsi would be sending that was so big.

stewy

I work from home :) Now I have to muster every bit of willpower in my soul and finish off the two assignments I have due today before firing this thing up.

I can't believe the size of the power brick.

So is anyone willing to sell theres ...like today? friend of mine REALLY wants one, and doesnt wanna wait 6 and a bit days

seriously though...anyone?

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Nobiru said:
So is anyone willing to sell theres ...like today? friend of mine REALLY wants one, and doesnt wanna wait 6 and a bit days

seriously though...anyone?

Prepare to pay ass raping prices!

Tiktaalik

:D :D :D
xboxprize1.jpg

xboxprize2.jpg

xboxyay.jpg

I checked out hexic. Found it sort of boring. I'm planning on selling Kameo, so really my 360 is just sitting there looking pretty. Although I am liking Halo on the new controller.

Zaxxon said:
:D :D :D
xboxprize1.jpg

xboxprize2.jpg

xboxyay.jpg

I checked out hexic. Found it sort of boring. I'm planning on selling Kameo, so really my 360 is just sitting there looking pretty. Although I am liking Halo on the new controller.

since its just sitting around looking pretty, how about selling it to my friend, for mad proffit ;)

Tiktaalik

Nobiru said:
since its just sitting around looking pretty, how about selling it to my friend, for mad proffit ;)

I'd only sell for PS2 launch style profit. It's too much of a hassle otherwise, since I'd have to track down another one. I'm selling Kameo though.

Zaxxon said:
I'd only sell for PS2 launch style profit. It's too much of a hassle otherwise, since I'd have to track down another one. I'm selling Kameo though.

whats "PS2 launch style profit" ? haha

Tiktaalik

Nobiru said:
whats "PS2 launch style profit" ? haha

Err yeah, that wasn't worded well. I meant the opposite of what's happening on ebay right now. If you check out ebay, in most cases the 360 is selling for about retail price and in many cases actually below retail price. So what I meant was, that I'd only ever sell on ebay if I knew that I was actually going to make some profit on it, since it's such a hassle to get one. When the PS2 came out, the ebay price was significantly higher than retail price.

Zaxxon said:
Err yeah, that wasn't worded well. I meant the opposite of what's happening on ebay right now. If you check out ebay, in most cases the 360 is selling for about retail price and in many cases actually below retail price. So what I meant was, that I'd only ever sell on ebay if I knew that I was actually going to make some profit on it, since it's such a hassle to get one. When the PS2 came out, the ebay price was significantly higher than retail price.

well of course he would pay more than what it will cost on the 22nd ... i dont know what he will pay though, hes crazy though, as long as he can get it sent to him REALLY quick

i dont wanna throw out numbers for him though, if you would actualy be interested in selling it though, i will find a way to get him in touch with you :p

EGM92

Is it worth ebaying? After spending 7 hours with my girlfriends 360 it just isn't for me, I played the shit out of Kameo I haven't finished it yet but I just get a "meh" feeling. Sorta the same feeling I get when playing Castlevania: CoD.

Kon Tiki

Banned
Zaxxon said:

Nooooooooooooo!

Think of the gamer's cred you could be losing!

Tiktaalik

Kon Tiki said:
Nooooooooooooo!

Think of the gamer's cred you could be losing!

From playing Hexic for 15 minutes I got 2 accomplishments and I now have 3 stars. I've never used Xbox Live before so I have no idea what this means.

EGM92

Zaxxon said:
From playing Hexic for 15 minutes I got 2 accomplishments and I now have 3 stars. I've never used Xbox Live before so I have no idea what this means.

Haven't had a chance to check out Live, is there any "Tetris" style game? I rock a tetis :D

Top Bottom