• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty Modern Warfare III Announced | Coming November 10

A lot going on in the next month or so. Halloween events in Oct for MP/Warzone/DMZ sound really cool.

zcRP8Sr.jpg
66wC8RF.jpg
GMYnqt1.jpg
w7F9Gan.jpg
lE3ZcN9.jpg
RT9e15Q.gif

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
If the campaign isnt good, not going to get this till a deep sale. Or not at all. Going to try and hold strong, skip this year and get Treyarchs Black Ops next year.
Going into the MP beta I was pretty convinced I was skipping this year as well then the beta happened and I actually enjoyed it so I preordered to get this campaign done before MP starts

ryan reynolds lol GIF by Lionsgate

M.W.

Probably pre-ordering this week even though I don't finish the campaigns lol. I usually have a competitive FPS in my lineup but that spot has been barren most of the year, I think I'll give MW3 a shot since I love the old maps. Well, most of them.

jorgejjvr

Well, Xdefiant didn't come on time, so I guess I'm getting this lol. Won't touch the campaign though, here for the MP.

Gosh, I REALLY hope they fix the spawns

I skipped mw1, mw2, and vanguard. This beta was more fun than those other 3. Hoping it lasts me till Treyarch next game

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Probably pre-ordering this week even though I don't finish the campaigns lol. I usually have a competitive FPS in my lineup but that spot has been barren most of the year, I think I'll give MW3 a shot since I love the old maps. Well, most of them.
I love map voting is in and when I see a map winning I hate I just back out (How Estate would win over Rust in beta was beyond me)

MoreJRPG

Suffers from extreme PDS
That too but SBMM kills that which SBMM should be in a separate ranked list imo

SBMM should be in ranked and ranked only. I haven't been able to play chill with friends since MW2019 because of how aggressive the system is. They get shit stomped in my lobbies, have no fun and then go play something else so I'm stuck running solo playing in what feels like Pro-Am's with people using wallhacks because of how completely useless their anti-cheat is.

It's a horrible experience.

To some extent, the implementation has gone too far though now. Every game is sweaty and forces you to play your absolute best. In ranked that's fine, but casual matches should be different.
SBMM isn't the issue, it's Twitch, Youtube and TikTok making people play every game like it's some sort of competitive scrim, Fifa is full of eSports wannabes using the same meta rat tactic they took of TikTok or Twitter and trying to score the same goal over and over, the games aren't the problem, the communities are.

This game will be an interesting experiment. First time they rolled guns/skins and other assets from the previous game into the new(ish) one.

I think everyone who was begging for the classic maps to return will get sick of them after 3 weeks. If this was a "Classic16 MW2 remastered Map Pack" added for year 2 and was blended into the current maps (or had a playlist for classic maps only) would have been more ideal. Luckily season 1 starts in Dec and is rumored to have 3 "New" maps. How much you want to bet one of those maps will be another version of Shipment.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I wish lobbies would stick together
That too but SBMM kills that which SBMM should be in a separate ranked list imo

That looked really cool and I also can't wait for Zs
Yup.

Not only is SBMM a pain for sticking to same lobbies, but also makes the intermission longer as the lobby has to find new players.

I dont get why any SBMM algorithm has to be so meticulous doing it after every match. Just let gamers chill and shuffle the lobbies every 20 matches, or once per day.

Caffeine

yes the sbmm has been there since console bo2( it was removed on pc a month in due to low player numbers), but its gotten very strict since ww2.
ive noticed mine is always in intervals of 5 matches, first game is way too easy for the day, second game is average, third game it starts getting tougher, fourth and 5th game feels like im facing a squad of guys and its always a loss. interval resets goes back to easy game.

the only thing that breaks that cycle is if u squad on to a party leader thats significantly worse then you. and just plays average to bad each match. and you basically are a terminator in the match. but at that point it will match you against squads cause your teamed up.

I just preferred it being randoms all the time. some matches u stomp some u got stomped on but it wasnt on a interval of 5 it was just random for the entire day.

M.W.

I was getting worked in the beta, felt like SBMM wasn't working in my favor. I had entire matches where the best person on our team had 8 kills, meanwhile the other team all has at least 30 kills. It was like this in every match lol. Didn't deter me I just need to git gud.

jorgejjvr

I was getting worked in the beta, felt like SBMM wasn't working in my favor. I had entire matches where the best person on our team had 8 kills, meanwhile the other team all has at least 30 kills. It was like this in every match lol. Didn't deter me I just need to git gud.
It does deter you tho. The better you keep doing, the sweatier lobbies you get into. So you never feel like you're getting good, if you dare get good you play against players that think the game is a tournament for a million bucks cash reward, MLG, and you come out the other side feeling worse

M.W.

It does deter you tho. The better you keep doing, the sweatier lobbies you get into. So you never feel like you're getting good, if you dare get good you play against players that think the game is a tournament for a million bucks cash reward, MLG, and you come out the other side feeling worse

Then I'll just camp. I don't mind going 4-0 to prove a point lol.

nikos

What they need is input based matchmaking so I'm playing against other people, not aim assist. Overwatch 2 does this properly.

yes the sbmm has been there since console bo2( it was removed on pc a month in due to low player numbers), but its gotten very strict since ww2.
ive noticed mine is always in intervals of 5 matches, first game is way too easy for the day, second game is average, third game it starts getting tougher, fourth and 5th game feels like im facing a squad of guys and its always a loss. interval resets goes back to easy game.

the only thing that breaks that cycle is if u squad on to a party leader thats significantly worse then you. and just plays average to bad each match. and you basically are a terminator in the match. but at that point it will match you against squads cause your teamed up.

I just preferred it being randoms all the time. some matches u stomp some u got stomped on but it wasnt on a interval of 5 it was just random for the entire day.
U prefer it random all the time ? Imagine 5 games in a row against cod gods ? I'm pretty sure u would be the first one to come to forums and bitch about how random matchmaking sucks.
I think originally the only people who actually bitched about sbmm were the content creators who can't drop nukes every game

nikos

Can't decide where to buy this. Have MWII on Battle.net but I kind of want this on Steam.

According to what I've read, almost everything carries over (COD points and real money bundles don't) as long as your battle.net and Steam accounts are linked to your Activision/Call of Duty account, however I am missing MWII operators when playing Warzone on Steam so I'm not sure what to make of it.

I guess there's no real reason to get it on Steam other than to pretty much write-off battle.net since their other games are also on Steam now. The Steam version of Warzone also used to run better for me but I'm not sure that's the case anymore.

Could be best to stick with battle.net for another year.

EDIT: My MWII operators are actually showing up now. Pretty sure they weren't when I checked a couple of months ago.

Last edited:

nikos

Compared Warzone on battle.net to Steam again.

Hard to compare FPS in Warzone but the VRAM usage on the battle.net version is significantly higher. This has always been the case for me, even on different systems. On a 4090, VRAM usage was at ~70% on the battle.net version during the first match and stayed around 50% on the Steam version.

Whether that’s good or bad, I don’t know. I know you can limit VRAM usage in the settings but haven’t bothered to troubleshoot this game in a long time. I used to get a weird constant judder after a few matches but have since upgraded my system and haven’t played enough lately to know if it’s still a thing.

Last edited:

Majormaxxx

Sew me if you want but I like cod campaigns. Looking forward (but first the price needs to drop) . Also cod vanguard was poop. So was bops 4. Talk about missed opportunity.

Camreezie

Lol no platinum trophy for the game and it having a trophy list folding into MW2 kinda confirms it being a dlc theyre flogging at full price

BigLee74

What they need is input based matchmaking so I'm playing against other people, not aim assist. Overwatch 2 does this properly.

Whilst I agree on input based matchmaking, it’s so I don’t have to play against M&K users who can turn on a sixpence and snap right onto your head from range (source: me, playing unreal tournament for 20+ years).

You will never EVER convince me that a good controller player can match a good M&K player.

Last edited:
Whilst I agree on input based matchmaking, it’s so I don’t have to play against M&K users who can turn on a sixpence and snap right onto your head from range (source: me, playing unreal tournament for 20+ years).

You will never EVER convince me that a good controller player can match a good M&K player.

It's one of the worst travesty in gaming that these greedy bastards force console to play against PC players in most multiplayer games.

Crossplay should NEVER be turned ON by DEFAULT!

We had 25 years of multiplayer where developers and publishers realized multiplayer games need to be FAIR with an equal playing ground until they started pushing this bullshit on us.

MoreJRPG

Suffers from extreme PDS

Aim assist in COD is completely broken. The best KBM player has no chance against the best controller player in this game currently. There were maybe 4-5 players in ranked in the Top 250 who played KBM, everyone else was controller, and I can't remember facing a single KBM player in the Iridescent skill bracket(which feeds into the Top 250), we were all on controller.

Dynamic aim assist ruined competitive Call of Duty and made people's weapons literal laser beams.

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member

In COD the best players are on controller because of rotational aim assist and it’s the ONLY way they can compete

I am agreeing with you btw

BigLee74

It's one of the worst travesty in gaming that these greedy bastards force console to play against PC players in most multiplayer games.

Crossplay should NEVER be turned ON by DEFAULT!

We had 25 years of multiplayer where developers and publishers realized multiplayer games need to be FAIR with an equal playing ground until they started pushing this bullshit on us.
Agreed. Me and my squad of mates used to love Warzone, but we can no longer play it as it is absolutely dominated by PC squads decimating you from afar with pinpoint accuracy. They are also confident enough to rush you no matter where you are holed up as they know they have superior movement and aiming abilities.

Ruined.

I don’t mind crossplay at all, but it has to be based on input.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Don’t get the hate runs maxed out looks really good and its great fun..

People that hate this game are kinda weird..

Its like hating on marvel movies.. it’s simple entertainment not the next best art house movie ever made..

nikos

Finished the campaign. I actually said "that's it?" out loud because I didn't expect it to end when it did. That said, it had its moments.

Don't skip the initial credits. They're short and there's a scene afterwards that will also get skipped.

Top Bottom