• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty Modern Warfare III Announced | Coming November 10

MikeM

Debating PC or PS5. The way that hackers attack your PC on older CODs is making me question where to buy (yes, I still play old CODs on console).

jorgejjvr

Man so there's hope. With 150 health it brings bo4 vibes and that's a good thing. Sledgehammer here trying to fix all the IW issues lol

Last edited:

jorgejjvr

xhTwNU0.png

Which one of you animals is going to start the Official MW3 Thread? They already dropped 2 trailers and a lot of information has been released on this game over the past week or so. It would be nice to have a place where everyone screams stupid shit like:

1)This is copy pasta of the last game(s)
2) Didn't this game come out 12 years ago?
3) I was fondled by Activision, what legal recourse can I take?
4) How long before these studios close with Microsoft's historical incompetence & mismanagement
5) Too many Waifu Skins/Not enough Waifu Skins at $20+
6) How is this not on Gamepass already? (See also: I don't understand contracts)
7) Who would spend $70 on glorified DLC with a 6 hour campaign? (Me, I pre-ordered the $100 Vault Edition)

*Before anyone looks at me I barely know how to reply on this thread without screwing it up.*

Last edited:
Yep, Lara Croft is coming to COD (Sept 9th). Interesting they didn't use the character model from the last 3 games. I will assume it is a different voice actor as well.

tfuvRgQ.jpg

Montauk

Well, COD is videogamings equivalent of the cinematic Marvel Movies, still rakes in the money but has gone down the shitter, quality wise, rapidly since Endgame.

Just as COD went down the shitter after MW2.

Once you've played one COD, you've played them all, IMO.

And every year they change a central aesthetic thing (robots/space/Cold War etc), reskin everything and introduce one or two pointless gimmicks that change nothing. It is bizarrely effective at fooling people every year, who will say “they’re really mixing it up this year” about a game that has had a new coat of paint and they’ve played 12 times before.

Every year people say the games graphics look amazing, then play the campaign and forget it 5 minutes later.

The gameplay has been putting the reticule on the enemies in a shooting gallery while explosions happen in the background for like 15 years. Make sure to walk forward across a trigger point to stop an infinitely respawning stream of enemies spawning, every now and again.

Now I know the multiplayer is the main attraction and that’s very different to the campaigns, which are what I’m talking about. I understand the attraction of the MP even if it isn’t for me these days.

But man, the COD series as single player games is absolutely WASHED and I don’t get it.

5 minutes of Spelunky has infinitely superior gameplay to the last 10 COD campaigns combined.

Last edited:

twilo99

I think there are 150 players going to WoW and only 10 or so are on mouse and keyboard.. I really hope they get rid of some of the visual trash on screen at least with the next one

shroud knows

Last edited:

Dream-Knife

Banned
I think there are 150 players going to WoW and only 10 or so are on mouse and keyboard.. I really hope they get rid of some of the visual trash on screen at least with the next one

shroud knows

It's only going to be worse with the higher TTK (gross).

So is it releasing ONLY with old maps remastered or new maps too?
So 3 NEW Maps with Season 1, and 3 NEW Maps for Season 2. The Seasons usually start about a month after release so 16 Remastered classic maps at launch and 3 new maps a month later. That's how I read it al least.

Edit>>>>Found the Intel: Activision says Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Season 01 will have 3 new 6v6 maps, and Season 02 will also have 3 new 6v6 maps There’s 16 core 6v6 maps at launch, 4 Ground War maps at Launch.

twilo99

Maps look good

kikkis

Maps look good

Looks much better graphically than vanguard.

And wasn't this supposed to be a addon/DLC for MW2?

Yeah this really pisses me off. Not only is this not a cheaper priced campaign expansion, it's the death of MW2's multiplayer, as now all their focus will gp to MW3's multiplayer. That is what's such bullshit about this yearly game crap. No COD is allowed the time to improve and reach its potential as devs and players are removed after 1 fucking year.

S0ULZB0URNE

Yeah this really pisses me off. Not only is this not a cheaper priced campaign expansion, it's the death of MW2's multiplayer, as now all their focus will gp to MW3's multiplayer. That is what's such bullshit about this yearly game crap. No COD is allowed the time to improve and reach its potential as devs and players are removed after 1 fucking year.
Good point.

DonJorginho

Banned
I went from being so damn hyped and having myself on the verge of pre-ordering the digital vault edition, to now not being excited at all and probably going to ignore this COD and just waiting for Treyarch's next title.

Once the nostalgia goggles came off I guess it all just felt so slimy, paying £70-100 (£100!!!!) for essentially not even a half-baked but a quarter baked attempt of a premium AAA release by just taking advantage of fan's nostalgia and releasing 16 largely untouched MW2 maps that won't ever play anywhere near as well as they did in memory due to the new engine/systems of the new CODs, all whilst getting a campaign that is hyping up these "open combat maps" that essentially feel like that awful spec ops mode where you extracted those code things with loads of enemy ai around a map, everything just feels reused and rehashed in such a lazy and downright predatory fashion.

There's also the unbelievable approach to how they're letting you bring over all your guns and your progression with them to MW3 from MW2 which is going to cause the most unbalanced COD MP in years on launch, where if you haven't played a lot of MW2 you almost feel forced into getting the vault edition of MW3 as the gun vaults will likely be the only way to stay afloat in the opening weeks.

I just can't justify spending £70-100 on a lazy COD game this year when there are so many great games coming in the last few months of the year, especially in my own personal case where I would've had to buy a year of PS Plus to play it, we're talking £150 for a COD game, that is basically DLC, and will be out of date by this time next year, so I would much rather spend that £150 on two new AAA games and save the tenner for a couple pints on a night out.

kikkis

I dont really like increased ttk. average of lets say from 180ms to 260ms ttk just makes shotguns and snipers either op or bad. Getting multiple kills is harder and it just doesnt feel as good to kill.

In terms having time to take cover from shooting, increased ttk doesn't really make much of a difference.

RagnarokIV

Maps look good

Nice... This gonna be good for the first 3 months till they add pink skins, weed and snoop dogg shite.

Last edited:

Zuzu

The mantling looks speedy which is nice but this is the game we should've gotten last year not the running through quicksand simulator that was released (without MW2 maps btw).

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
It feels like these games get cooked so fast. I usually get it every year. You can feel them squeezing the money and then it’ll all get recycled. I was hoping they’d do something controversial or something good.

Last edited:

VN1X

Banned
Thats good, but its gonna take 2 seasons just to get new content. New maps should have been there at launch
Yeah obviously remaking maps in a new engine and everything isn't 'easier' compared to new ones but it's kind of meh as far as the optics go.

Would've much rather had the remade maps from MW2 dripfed myself but it is what it is (why did the MW2 remake not get all of these btw?).

twilo99

I dunno I’ve always thought that their map design teams are really good overall. The Warzone maps don’t get enough credit either .. those things are huge and must take quite a bit of effort to make.

Top Bottom