• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty Modern Warfare III Announced | Coming November 10

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Announcing that there will be a new COD this year is like announcing that there will be Christmas in December.

Matt_Fox

I'm still awaiting the second coming of Zombies.

Zombies is not about winning. It's about hitting the high rounds and losing in style.

The formula is there, just next gen it.

MikeM

Man, I'm still salty I didn't buy it. It was criticized as it came after MW2019 but it was better than every call of duty that came after it and I enjoyed those free weekends a lot.
Buy now? They just gave it away on PS Plus recently too. Still a healthy playerbase.

Optimus Lime

(L3) + (R3) | Spartan rage activated
Hey cool, another way for me to play Shipment and Shoot House over and over again until I am literally hospitalised due to nervous exhaustion.

I don't care that it's part of Black Ops, give us Nuketown 2023.

RaptorGTA

Man I loved MW2019. Camping for MW2 was good but I didn't like the online. No way I'm getting this. Game will sell like hot cakes.

Pop

Excited Wake Up GIF by Originals

Celcius

°Temp. member
I'll wait to see how it turns out. If it's good I'll wait for a sale like I did with MW2. In the meanwhile I'll probably go back to Cold War once MW2 is no longer the current COD.

VN1X

Banned
Announcing that there will be a new COD this year is like announcing that there will be Christmas in December.
I never get these posts lol. What do you want them to do, just push it out the door on some random date at the end of the year?

Just because CoD is an annualized franchise doesn't mean announcements of a new title aren't necessary.

WX3

God yes, I cannot wait to play as Dylan Mulvaney or even Rick Ross, this shit going to be lit. Special Forces here I come!

unlurkified

If they bring back 10 v 10 with bigger maps like MW (2019) then maybe. Salty that they didn’t have that mode evergreen in MW2. Also, don’t bring back Invasion mode. Give us a 20v20 mode without bots or something.

Salz01

Seems like extended dlc. Going to try and not get it this year. Wait for the Treyarch version next year.

20cent

Banned
I haven't bought a COD release since Black Ops....but I regularly play Warzone since its launch without ever buying any skin/pass, so I welcome the (free) new update/map.

Have they toyed with the matchmaking at all in MW2? Played a few games recently and noticed that the SBMM isn’t as awful as it had been previously.

nemiroff

Gold Member
If Outbreak is good I'll buy two copies.

..But since this is Sledgehammer I'm not holding my breath.

Last edited:
Have they toyed with the matchmaking at all in MW2? Played a few games recently and noticed that the SBMM isn’t as awful as it had been previously.
Yeah they improved a shit ton. I bought it at release. No Hardcore mode, only Tier 1 which was basically normal mode but with less health.
Matchmaking was poor and slow

Now it has a dedicated Hardcore mode, quick matches and I'm genuinely enjoying it.

Mahnmut

This is all I hope. Last year’s campaign was one of the best single player experiences I’ve had in years.
Really ? Why ? Don’t want to sound like a smartass, I’m genuinely asking. I personally think it’s one of the worst CoD campaign and it felt like a fan game at times. It really shows that the development was impacted by Covid restrictions. For me, MW2019 was leagues ahead. But I’m really curious to know what you liked about it.

TheMan

Seeing as how this started as an expansion pack, what are the odds that skins we bought for MW2 will be compatible? Is there precedent for that?

Seeing as how this started as an expansion pack, what are the odds that skins we bought for MW2 will be compatible? Is there precedent for that?
I think the cod twitter confirmed that all of that will come across

But it’s activision. So you’ll probably have to pay for the ‘free’ service 😬🙈😂

Who told you that? Black ops is made by Treyarch, and they are working on "black ops 6" CoD2024.
MWIII is made by Sledgehammer, who made WWII and Vanguard.
Holy shit you're right.... Crap, I had high hopes of some BLOPS elements in the new MW.....
Vanguard was and is utter shit.

MW2 has been saved, but also was shit at launch.... GIVE ME MY BLOPS!!!

Killjoy-NL

Fool me once. MW2 was a disaster through and through after being thoroughly hyped as the second coming of CoD after the stellar MW reboot. It’s no secret this release is built upon the huge MW2 expansion that game needed from Day 1.
Really? I thought MW2 was the best COD since the original MW2.

Drew1440

Kind of whish they would have continued Ghosts, or do another WW II game. Modern Wrfare is exhausted at this point.

Yeah fuck em right? For enjoying a franchise..... You absolute donut.

And the word "Casuals" tells me you feel superior. You aren't. You're just a gamer like the rest.
cringe. I feel like this was some cinematic refutation for you

COD is a franchise that lives and thrives from the casual market. No arrogance needed to acknowledge a simple fact. Have a seat Jr.

//DEVIL//

This is some big BS!
How so ? there was at one point no call of duty this year to begin with. this was supposed to be big expansion to MW2 and that's it ( thus they released MW2 and 3 following each other and not black ops like how they should do )

Next year Call of Duty is the next-gen one. and old consoles will be axed.

Hopefully the SP will have the same quality as MW2(2022)
I didn't care for the MW2 campaign at all, and it was exponentially worse than the original MW2 campaign. Instead of making interesting combat encounters they just made everybody a bullet sponge and then threw shitty survival missions in the mix as well.

Top Bottom