• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty Modern Warfare III Announced | Coming November 10

Zuzu

MW2 is a good multiplayer game at the moment with good maps and great feeling guns. Hopefully this game will follow it up well but I didn't like Sledgehammer's last game much (Vanguard). Perhaps a new setting will help them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa
Can't wait to play Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare II 2.0

facepalm-really.gif

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
MW2 is a good multiplayer game with good maps and great feeling guns. Hopefully this game will follow it up well but I didn't like Sledgehammer's last game much (Vanguard). Perhaps a new setting will help them.

The guns in mw 2022 will literally carry over to this game so I would not worry about that part. I’m excited to see what the maps are like, hopefully lots of old classics brought back.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Isa
cringe. I feel like this was some cinematic refutation for you

COD is a franchise that lives and thrives from the casual market. No arrogance needed to acknowledge a simple fact. Have a seat Jr.
Facts are NOT opinions bro... Sorry to piss in your cornflakes. Casual gaming is what you do on a mobile device.

There are Esports leagues that exist for CoD only.
LOVE to see that with a casual game like fucking Farmville.

Last edited:
Facts are NOT opinions bro... Sorry to shit in your cornflakes.
So you’re telling me, Call of Duty, biggest video game franchise, annualized release like sports games, breaches into a market that is outside of the core market, is not a franchise that casuals buy in the millions and that is merely just my subjective opinion?

Think before you type man. Like cmon dude

The guns in mw 2022 will literally carry over to this game so I would not worry about that part. I’m excited to see what the maps are like, hopefully lots of old classics brought back.
If that's true, fuck MW3.
Didn't plan on buying it day 1, but now, since it's blatantly apparant that this is what we used to call an UPDATE, I'll be spending my money elsewhere.

Come on Black Ops 6!!!

So you’re telling me, Call of Duty, biggest video game franchise, annualized release like sports games, breaches into a market that is outside of the core market, is not a franchise that casuals buy in the millions and that is merely just my subjective opinion?

Think before you type man. Like cmon dude
Yes exactly. Keep your opinion. You seem hellbent on being anti-casual so much..... My guess its negative self projection. See a fucking shrink.

Yes exactly. Keep your opinion. You seem hellbent on being anti-casual so much..... My guess its negative self projection. See a fucking shrink.
It’s literally a matter of objective fact

That’s like saying flower 2008 is niche is an opinion. You’re being weird dude and taking this strangely personally

Mephisto40

They are saying your skins and blueprints will carry over from MW2 to MW3

I wonder if they'll keep all the maps from MW2 in rotation as well, I'd actually be happy if they did

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Are we allowed to skip a call of duty? The franchise use to be magic it’s far less fun now. Also skipped mw2.

Ogbert

Is there any sort of mode that is PvE, like Zombies, where I can grind out guns etc.

I fucking HATE battle royale.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
If that's true, fuck MW3.
Didn't plan on buying it day 1, but now, since it's blatantly apparant that this is what we used to call an UPDATE, I'll be spending my money elsewhere.

Come on Black Ops 6!!!

Yeah I’m not a fan of Treyarch. We can alternate for next year, you can buy it and I will skip lol

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
How so ? there was at one point no call of duty this year to begin with. this was supposed to be big expansion to MW2 and that's it ( thus they released MW2 and 3 following each other and not black ops like how they should do )

Next year Call of Duty is the next-gen one. and old consoles will be axed.

Didn't know this. So thanks for the info.

I
Yep. And the casuals will eat it up and it will sell millions upon millions of copies generating billions in revenue.

And people wonder why gaming sucks now lol
I haven't supported their garbage in over a decade but voting with your wallet stopped being relevant years ago when gaming took off and became mainstream. There are just too many people out there willing to buy the garbage being put out year after year that are preventing the much needed crash we deserve from happening. Gaming's too big to fail now.

Is there any sort of mode that is PvE, like Zombies
There are rumours about MWIII having a zombies mode, wouldn't be that surprising considering previous games by Sledgehammer also had zombies; however the real CoD Zombies experience won't arrive until next year.

Saber

Gold Member
Its ok though. Kinda fan of this side of series. What I didn't like was the multiplayer from the later one, but as long they nail the single player story part I'm ok with all of this.
Also the name/icon could use a better work. Looks kinda boring and predictable.

DragonNCM

Stop this nonsense.

Another year, another:
FIFA
FF
Resident Evil
Assassins Creed
Magic the Gathering
MAdden/ NBA/ whatever
Just Dance
Lego game
etc, etc.

Stop cherrypicking.
Actually that apply for all games you posted there..........FUCKING SAME SHIT ALLOVER AGAIN.

Osthyvel

LoL always those negative comments about the upcoming CoD, then it sells about 25-30m copies xD

Love me some good ol' CoD, day1 of course.

Dr.D00p

LoL always those negative comments about the upcoming CoD, then it sells about 25-30m copies xD

Love me some good ol' CoD, day1 of course.

Well, COD is videogamings equivalent of the cinematic Marvel Movies, still rakes in the money but has gone down the shitter, quality wise, rapidly since Endgame.

Just as COD went down the shitter after MW2.

Once you've played one COD, you've played them all, IMO.

HTK

Banned
Aim Assist is atrocious in CoDs. That's why it feels good to players because it gives them the feels that they are good, but in reality there is another force at work.

I'm not saying there aren't levels to this, some players know how to manipulate Aim Assist others don't bother to look/learn. All in all as usual, fake world trumps reality/truth.

twilo99

Without aim assist console players won’t touch FPS games, so it’s okay, but they need to dial it back a bit in this particular game.. I doubt that they will tho.

twilo99

To be honest, that aim assist looks like a hack in itself. It wasn’t until I watched it a second time that I realised the guy was running super fast. That tracking though is insane.

Yeah the target there is definitely hacking, but aim assist takes care of it anyway, which is actually satisfying in a way lol

why aim assist? no assist should be available in any game, fuck the square fingas'

Assists ruined football, last few Cods have a gluey gluey shit too

Tarnpanzer

If this really ships with all MW2(2009) maps including DLC, I actually have to buy it.

But I can´t imagine this will actually launch with 26(!) maps of which most are actually decent.

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
If this really ships with all MW2(2009) maps including DLC, I actually have to buy it.

But I can´t imagine this will actually launch with 26(!) maps of which most are actually decent.
Looks like its coming with 16 MW2 maps and no new maps at launch

Reveal is today as well

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

I mean, on one hand MW2 maps is cool, but on the other no new maps at all? I'm feeling more and more like new LDs have no idea how to make good multiplayer maps anymore, lmao.

M.W.

Honestly, the 16 MW2 maps from 2009 and health going up to 150 is kind of intriguing me. Damnit COD.

Top Bottom