• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apex Legends |OT| Have you seen Titanfall 3?

Alx

Will her ultra grab items through hideout doors ? (apparently so since there were Loba holograms appearing there recently).
I suppose the devs thought about the balance of that ability, but it seems extremely powerful.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Only thing broken about Wraith is her hit box, her ultimate under the right hands is amazing. Can't defend her ez mode get out of a fight ability though and I'll go out of my way to shit on Wraith players.

Will her ultra grab items through hideout doors ? (apparently so since there were Loba holograms appearing there recently).
I suppose the devs thought about the balance of that ability, but it seems extremely powerful.

I wonder how that goes for grabbing/dropping things for teammates. Can she grab more than one thing per go, how long is cool down etc. I often give better equipment to those in my squad, now they can request stuff out of reach. Interesting.

Only thing broken about Wraith is her hit box, her ultimate under the right hands is amazing. Can't defend her ez mode get out of a fight ability though and I'll go out of my way to shit on Wraith players.

Feels like that is sort of enough to make her broken as hell, especially when you add that get-out-of-dodge shit. Maybe they won't fuck up the hitbox on Loba, I guess you'll just aim for the ass.

Alx

Maybe it's because I don't play her much, but I never found Wraith's teleporting abilities so powerful. It's much too easy to follow the trail and finish a fleeing Wraith as she materializes again.
Her portal is more interesting, but like many other abilities it's a double edged sword, you never know if some enemies won't use it too.

I don't know how powerful the phase is by itself, but in combination with that pencil-thin hitbox... yeah, fuck Wraith. I'm just really not looking forward to meeting a team with Wraith, Loba and Pathfinder.

ySutMPk.jpg

PSYGN

Redditbot grapplehook got nerfed from 15 seconds cooldown to 35.

LMFAO. Owned.

Oh shit Caustic gas doesn't slow team mates anymore. 👌👌👌👌

I'm okay with the grapple hook change, it was too easy to escape situations.

I don't think Caustics needed a buff, I know I'm going to get flack for this but from my experience the people that pick him in randoms tend to do so because they aren't the best offensively and use the barrels to compensate. Instead of realizing that they die because they were too busy panic throwing that barrel everywhere on the second floor while the action was happening down stairs, they'll feel like their character is underpowered in some way. They also over extend gunfights and opens the avenue to getting third partied before you can finish looting. I can imagine more players using him now and slowing the pace down further.

You can tell which character I find most annoying. 😂

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned
loba is a lot of fun, teleport fucks people up

blood buffs are nice, outstanding legend

mirage is a psychomaniac now, all kinds of usability

octane buffs are good, keep them coming

revert this stupid fucking path nerf, grapple is all he has

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
Again a 36gb update... Last time when it was such a big update they said: "This one is so big so the updates in the future are smaller"

Been playing Season 5 for 3 games, like the new King's Canyon. Don't like that I have to play almost every day to do the quest thing.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Need more deets on this
Literally log in and pay for the Pathfinder or Wattson recolour using tokens without owning the skin. Might be fixed now also the servers are FUCKED.

Loba's Ultimate stays in place like Wattson's once you use it and have to deactivate it manually I assume other people can use it outside of your team if not.

Loba's teleport once activated to throw you can't shoot so RIP any attempts for a nice easy escape. Also once you land with it takes 2 seconds before you can start shooting so it's p much useless for combat.

Liking the changes to the map, just what KC needed. Big WTF to the Pathy nerf, big cheer to the Bloodhound buff.

Haven’t played enough to say much else, decided to settle for a win and save ourselves the frustration of a buggy launch night lol.

Edit: Oh yeah, dat ass 👏

Last edited:

Boss Mog

Once again, not really happy with a lot of the changes they made. It's getting harder and harder to support this game. The only thing that can save this season for me is if they bring back the strict skill based matchmaking from Season 3 (which was by far the best season for me). Only played 2 duo matches (won 1 of them) cause they launched the season with completely broken menu functionality and more; it's embarrassing really.

Loba seems cool. Couldn't unlock her though because of the broken menus. Seems like some other people were able to somehow.

LostDonkey

Game is fucked on PS4.

Can't navigate menus. Shows all characters as unlocked even though I don't have them and when I do pick one I actually have it gives me a completely different one.

I also get this error whenever I press square.

"There was a problem processing game logic please try again"

Fucked.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Yeah I was fucking pissed.

Honestly got second hand embarrassment from the launch. They had an extra week of delay and they still fucked up. Don't like the new UI for death boxes but I'll see how I feel WHEN THE GAME ACTUALLY FUCKING WORKS.

I did go to sleep like 2 hours ago and just woke up to check though. Damn.

Helios

pathfinder nerf is one of the dumbest nerfs in the history of competitive shooters
The nerf honestly feels like a way for them to avoid people calling loba a worse pathfinder. I know he was pretty dominant in competitive but why not bring everyone else to his level instead?

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
I had the menu navigation issue yesterday, but I think it had to do with their servers. They weren't able to get my information, so I couldn't navigate, even though I could say I was ready for a game. That was the only issue I had, and it resolved itself after 30-60sec once it could connect again.

So when this game came out I messed around with it briefly. mostly just running around aimlessly, thought it seemed pretty cool but never went back to it, since I was pretty obsessed with Overwatch still.

I stopped playing OW a little while ago, and decided to give this a shot. I have Origin Premier which gives me some sort of battlepass perks I think (I honestly don't know what that is all about, still figuring everything out) so I figured why not.

So I boot it up last night, one match becomes ten matches, one hour becomes 4 hours. I am hooked. This game is REALLY fun. Unlike OW, for some reason I don't find myself frustrated when I die. I just move on to a new match. It's just a lot of fun to play, in general.

I have made it to second place a couple times, haven't won a game yet. Haven't been first to die yet either, so I guess that counts for something?

Only tried a couple of heroes so far, Pathfinder and Wrath seem pretty fun. I like grappling hook's usefulness.

I still don't understand how I unlock these PvE missions but I guess I can figure that out today.

I might be a new big fan, really enjoying myself so far even if I suck. I think I might want to watch some experts play and actually try to get good at this game

Edit

Maybe I Need to give Fortnite a chance too, only played it back in EA when it was just a PvE game

Last edited:
So when this game came out I messed around with it briefly. mostly just running around aimlessly, thought it seemed pretty cool but never went back to it, since I was pretty obsessed with Overwatch still.

I stopped playing OW a little while ago, and decided to give this a shot. I have Origin Premier which gives me some sort of battlepass perks I think (I honestly don't know what that is all about, still figuring everything out) so I figured why not.

So I boot it up last night, one match becomes ten matches, one hour becomes 4 hours. I am hooked. This game is REALLY fun. Unlike OW, for some reason I don't find myself frustrated when I die. I just move on to a new match. It's just a lot of fun to play, in general.

I have made it to second place a couple times, haven't won a game yet. Haven't been first to die yet either, so I guess that counts for something?

Only tried a couple of heroes so far, Pathfinder and Wrath seem pretty fun. I like grappling hook's usefulness.

I still don't understand how I unlock these PvE missions but I guess I can figure that out today.

I might be a new big fan, really enjoying myself so far even if I suck. I think I might want to watch some experts play and actually try to get good at this game

Edit

Maybe I Need to give Fortnite a chance too, only played it back in EA when it was just a PvE game
Welcome to the party homie! What platform are you playing on?

To get you started, Viss has some great videos teaching the ins and outs, dos and don'ts. Check 'em out. Now is a great time to start as the new season just began yesterday.

PSYGN

Edit

I disliked Fortnite for the building aspect of it. It's a skill of its own but not a skill I'm interested in mastering. I like that Apex keeps it to shooting/movement/placement, and the abilities aren't overpowered instakill bs like Destiny and Black Ops 3/4, instead they are supplementary and can come together beautifully as a team. I also like that there are no vehicles in this game to add to the randomness. Can you imagine the 3rd party with that?

Last edited:

Boss Mog

Edit

tenor.gif

Be sure to watch all the trailers and lore videos, it'll get you even more hooked. Also be sure to practice, test stuff and mess around in the Firing Range, so you can get a better feel for the guns and legends.

Last edited:

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Always nice to drop in squads as a duo because someone DCs and you win anyway. Even nicer when the person listens to your pings.

On launch night I had a kid playing Loba and dead ass in the final three on duos he puts his mic in and says "Be right back." I was screaming. You DON'T go AFK in a BR.

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
Looking for a teammate on PS4, we are short a man in our group. We play daily around 7pm to 11 pm est, 30+ yrs old and Mic required. If anyone is interested just sending a friend request on PSN. PSN screen name is Gunstar77, put in the request message NeoGaf.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
72 hours ago if you mained Mirage you were shat on. Now? Everyone is frauding him. Shout out to the OG Mirage fans who had to suffer and take roasts all the time.

Mirage buffs are great, finally the character adds something to the team. His revive really feels like it's a direkt kick at the corpse of Lifeline, though.

By the way, is anyone else running dual Alternators in S5? Is mag size really the only change to the gun? Because it feels damned good to use now.

Kydd BlaZe

How would a new player fare in this game after it has been out for more than a year? I’m no stranger to shooters, but Destiny 2 has dominated pretty much all of my gaming time so I put off a ton of games that I just never got around to. Taking a break from Destiny, and I want to jump into Apex Legends. Should I expect to get shitted on?

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
How would a new player fare in this game after it has been out for more than a year? I’m no stranger to shooters, but Destiny 2 has dominated pretty much all of my gaming time so I put off a ton of games that I just never got around to. Taking a break from Destiny, and I want to jump into Apex Legends. Should I expect to get shitted on?
It's a new season so it attracts all the casuals and newcomers in. There's a shooting range to learn the guns and character ability basics, out of the box there's six characters you have access to and all six of them range from OK to the best in the game. You'll probably be trash at first but everyone is. The game is fast.

Alx

I like how they improved the contextual pings, like downed characters signaling when enemies are reviving, or not just saying "thank you" when Revenant shrugs off your help.

Top Bottom