• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apex Legends |OT| Have you seen Titanfall 3?

Tesseract

Banned
fuckin A a whole WEEK LATER and I FINALLY GOT MY FIRST WIN

this was me after I manages to peel myself from my computer chair

giphy.gif
awesome, victory in apex is a monumental feeling

replicant-

Had a good victory last night. As can happen one member ran off immediately looting away from the group. Dead within 1 min as he ran into a full squad.

Myself and my other team mate ignored his calls to be recovered, took out 3 full squads between us and won.

It is nice when you play with a random and your play style just clicks.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Played on random duos in the final battle this kid disconnections not ONCE but TWICE and I killed one person and went down and he disconnected and I was fucking SCREAMING. I usually try to send positive messages over PSN but he got some mega hate for that. Don't play online if you can't afford a connection.

This game is cursed for me right now.

RPS37

How has no one told me that Bloodhound was dope this whole time?
I usually hate scopes, but lately I’ve been obsessed with the digital threat.
His ult is basically automatic digital threat plus extra armor and shit.
Awesome.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
How has no one told me that Bloodhound was dope this whole time?
I usually hate scopes, but lately I’ve been obsessed with the digital threat.
His ult is basically automatic digital threat plus extra armor and shit.
Awesome.
They only got made good like a month and a half ago so no one was repping.

Won two games back to back with Caustic. Carried a seven year old to victory playing as Redditbot and it all started in bunker when I gassed three duos one after another and snatched all their gear lmao.

Second game some Loba player dropped on Capacitor and used those Charge Towers like 4 times for their ultimate to snatch the best loot. Then we killed a team then I guided them into one house and let everyone else fight then gassed the fuck out of them. 🐻🐻🐻

BlueAlpaca

I just had the strangest game.... I usually mute the microphone but this time I forgot and the other player sounded like a 6 year old playing for the first time. Had now idea what the ring was, kept asking what the respawn beacon was, how to ping stuff, etc... One hilarious moment was when I pinged a spittfire he went 'spit, ew' :messenger_tears_of_joy:.

Now, here's the thing, halfway through the game... be became kill leader. we made it to top 3 before dying.... his final score? 1400 damage and 9 kills! I was 4/5 kills I think and around 600/700 damage.

My kill record after over 1.2k games is 9 kills. :lollipop_flores::lollipop_crying:"lollipop_disappointed:

Last edited:

Alx

Loba is really great with a sniper rifle, she can ping items through walls from further away, and her teleporting ability makes it easier to reach a good sniping spot.
And I didn't use the Mastiff much while it was a golden weapon (being a bad shot, I'm not too confident with weapons with limited ammo), but it sure is deadly as a regular weapon.

Yeah, I really like this map. Still discovering hot spots a few weeks in, I'd say we got a solid upgrade when Skull Town was obliterated. Can't wait to explore the underground areas.

Anyone know if we'll be stuck with World's Edge now, or if they are planning a rolling rotation?

fuckin A a whole WEEK LATER and I FINALLY GOT MY FIRST WIN

this was me after I manages to peel myself from my computer chair

That Champion screen is something else, isn't it? Straight up dope. :messenger_grinning:

Last edited:

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
I’ve finally seen the light
Scopes are actually very useful.
Please forgive me, allfather.
I was an ironsight pleb until S3. Dunno how I even won games.

Just won a game with Wattson on squads by not doing anything. Baited the final team to engage us then locked them out of the pathway to the round 4 ring from The Pit. The Ring was at Slum Lakes so they were swallowed. It all started cuz a Crypto player was being a rat.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Playing as Memehound for challenges with a random pushy Wraith on Duos who wants to be aggro.

Get to final 2 v 2 on Octane's Race Course. Round 6 of the ring they jump down and the duo hiding lights them up.

You serious...? We had the high ground and this Wraith threw the game away like that? I had more kills and damage than this fucking try hard. Bruh...

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Played as Gold ranked with a Plat friend and went up against Diamonds. When it all comes together it's fucking amazing. Absolutely stomped the last 5 teams fighting each other as the 20th party. If I'm playing with people who aren't dumb as shit I'll play Bloodhound on ranked cuz while I throw away the element of surprise knowing where all enemies are is more important.

Mista

Banned
Nice. I've been adapting too for a few months now (on all games but mainly Tarkov now) How'd you find the switch? It's the movement isn't it? The aiming part feels awesome instantly but fluid instinctive movement took me a while.
I decided to make the switch fully like 2 weeks ago. Aiming I’m getting the hang of it, I still need to move my arm since I got lots of space instead only my wrist. Pressing the wrong buttons is what pisses me off. But it’s okay I get it, its all about the muscle memory at the end of the day. Movement sure isn’t as fluid as my movement on Xbox or even PS but I’m determined to get there mate :D

Alx

I'm having some weird issues with the game. Many crashes to dashboard, for example. Fortunately now we're able to go back to the game in progress when restarting it, but last time it happened I was stuck in some weird mode where it felt that everything was sped up (instead of the usual "running in molasses" bug). Also I could access any inventory, and I couldn't see my partner's icons.
I'm not sure it's obvious there but I made a capture :

Last edited:

Alx

That feeling when you jump off the ship but there's no island in sight...

We got stuck in an infinite fall with trippy artifacts.

Last edited:

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Oh really? I thought I remember saying you played on XB1, my bad, carry on.
He used to he made the switch.

F for the season pass content you'll never get back.

Playing solo queue and Diamond trails who get downed twice in 5 minutes while you get 3 kills and don't get downed once.... Jesus Christ and people use them as a sign of skill.

Boss Mog

The better platform honestly. Got more freedom with M&KB than the controller
Personally even though I have a GTX 1080, I don't do any online gaming on PC except for FFXI. Cheating is just far too rampant for my taste on PC. Hopefully you won't run in to it too much.

Tesseract

Banned
ja, cheaters suck

apex was bad for a few seasons but turned it around, diamond rank or above is mostly legit

mouse tracking and snapping comes with time, gotta develop muscle memory and all that

The better platform honestly. Got more freedom with M&KB than the controller
My aim sucks so take this with a pinch of salt but have you lowered your mouse sensitivity settings at all? Most games, and especially Apex, have a default setting that is way too high. Try lowering the sensitivity and you'll then be an arm mover much easier. I've read that most pros have low settings which is good enough for me.

Mista

Banned
My aim sucks so take this with a pinch of salt but have you lowered your mouse sensitivity settings at all? Most games, and especially Apex, have a default setting that is way too high. Try lowering the sensitivity and you'll then be an arm mover much easier. I've read that most pros have low settings which is good enough for me.
Yeah I've been playing with the sensitivity to find my comfort zone. I play on 800dpi

Tesseract

Banned
tuning settings today, lots of solo jumps

super sampling is so good that i might sacrifice some frames for improved clarity

Top Bottom