• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forbes: It No Longer Seems Possible ‘Suicide Squad: Kill The Justice League’ Will Last The Year

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
Not defending the game, but that Forbes article reads like a Gamefaqs post. "I checked steam charts!!1! It do bad!"

Last edited:

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
The obvious answer is to make Hogwarts Legacy 2 a GAAS title.

3Qhn.gif
You laugh and joke but they will 100% do this.

Season pass, online co op, MTX skins, and boring shit to do once you complete a fun story.

I’d be surprised if HW2 isn’t GasS.

TheUsual

Gold Member
You know you're in deep shit when your 2nd previous game, which was released in the PS3/X360 era, has more active players than your latest offering.

Arkham City has 1817 active players right now versus 506 players in SS:KtJL on Steam

diffusionx

Gold Member
Paul Tassi should just stop covering Live service games. No way in hell he doesn't suffer from some severe stockholm syndrome. Let Suicide Squad be forgotten, no one cares about it and WB already admitted it being a financial flop, just kill it.
No, I think we should if anything talk about Suicide Squad even more. Eight or nine years of development, total abandonment of what made the studio great, yet trying to market on that name ("no really guyz, it's totally Arkham"), live service shit, sweet baby story, and it dies in a MONTH. It should be a cautionary tale, they did everything wrong, from conception, to design, to implementation, to not listening to fans who said this idea was terrible, to marketing, and it failed. This game probably cost WB in the neighborhood of $200M-$300M. This is one of the biggest flops ever.

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Well it can be a flop and good. Both can be true
This is correct. Gameplay is fun but it's a very bad GaaS game. You can clear it in like 10 hours. Lacks incentive for replayability. Unlike big name MMOs, Monster Hunter, Granblue, Deep Rock Galactic, Borderlands, Roguelites and so on and so forth.

MiguelItUp

I enjoyed the beta, presentation is really good and gunplay is satisfying. The big problem is repetitive endgame and subpar story choices, which you wouldn't have known about playing the beta.
Exactly. I was gifted the game and played it to completion. It was honestly more enjoyable than I ever thought it'd be. But so many things just felt messy and not promising. It's such a shame, especially with how long it was in development. The endgame almost doesn't even exist, after the campaign there's really no rhyme or reason to press on.

ElRenoRaven

The writing was on the wall from the moment 1st gameplay was revealed. The consumer could see it yet apparently the suits at WB couldn't. Shock Shock. Hopefully someday these companies will learn.

Ogbert

Exactly. I was gifted the game and played it to completion. It was honestly more enjoyable than I ever thought it'd be. But so many things just felt messy and not promising. It's such a shame, especially with how long it was in development. The endgame almost doesn't even exist, after the campaign there's really no rhyme or reason to press on.
The endgame is amazingly shit. It’s three recycled missions on Lex Luther’s level. I got to about Nexus Level 20 and then dropped it.

I expect that when the grisly details are released, we discover that the game was assembled in less than a couple of years following a huge period of development hell.

There’s no way the finished game was what they set out to deliver.

Last edited:

ultrazilla

Gold Member

Good. Release a shit, broken game and you reap what you sow.

Warner Bros, Rock Steady and anyone else that had a hand in this shit sandwich, keep eating up until you're nice and full.

P.S. When are fellow developers going to call out their peers for releasing shit, broken games which affect the whole industry like what we see happening now
with mass lay offs?!

Blaming everyone BUT THEMSELVES!

Spyxos

Gold Member
I am watching Angry Joe review of suicide squad. It is such a shitty game. I think i just watch those 4 Boss fights on youtube.

Braag

There are people at WB, highly paid individuals, who are making multimillion dollar decisions and they are somehow flabbergasted that this game crashed and burned this hard.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I don’t like Rocksteady for all the reasons this game exists. I liked Rocksteady because they made a kickass Batman series. Gotham Knights and Suicide Squad kill all that excitement for me. I’ve lost interest in DC for a while. None of the movies or games do it for me. I use to like reading Batman because of the Arkham games. It’s kinda sad, but oh well.

winjer

Gold Member
WB should have canned this game and get a tax return on it. Like they did with a few of their movies.
At least this could have saved some of the losses for the company.

Freeman76

Was so obviously going to be the case, they are never going to waste resources on a game that probably 20,000 people play across all platforms. Lets hope this fires a warning shot across the industry

reektann

I quickly checked on Twitch the other day to see what was up with the end game people must be on by now.

GWYo5oi.jpeg

What on earth ... looks like somebody set up a complete dogshit UI with loads of shitty mods and is running a raid in World of Warcraft.

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
I mean, everyone knew this was going to fall way below expectations. The IP alone meant the best they could hope for a GotG situation. Someone somewhere signed off on this being worth the risk. And it was so obvious never going to generate reward.

Would they take risks on The Marvels, Shazam or The Eternals? I really don't get the disconnect in the industry sometimes of what publishers/developers are trying to push to players and waste money on.

Red by Ubi is promising even more in depth base and settlement building - who the fuck is interested in that? Just make the games your players want ffs.

Neon Xenon

The only interesting thing this game can offer is a documentary on what exactly occurred for 9 years of development to deliver this turd.
Agreed. Suicide Squad: KtJL is one of those clusterfuck productions where the info and stories from behind the scenes are going to be far more interesting than the resulting dumpster fire.

Top Bottom