• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad Kill The Justice League adds Denuvo DRM before launch, Rocksteady pulls Suicide Squad an hour into early access due to glitch

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I think a lot of it is a question mark at this point, we won't really know until we see numbers. WB has deep pockets, so they won't care, but who knows about how things will go for Rocksteady.

It very well could, but people said the same thing about Fallout 76, and it's somehow still going. Even receiving new content. I think a lot of people just really want the game to flop hard, and I can admit I can't remember another game that had these levels of people wanting a game to fail THIS much.
I think Bethesda games are different as their games are heavy into RPG and they support their games with content (and at some point modders too) for their games. I dont follow WB games, but do they have a history or long term support for games? I dont know. Just asking.

Other kinds of games like Marvel Avengers didn't last long, so maybe gamers are thinking if SS bombs the cord will be cut fast.

MiguelItUp

I think Bethesda games are different as their games are heavy into RPG and they support their games with content (and at some point modders too) for their games. I dont follow WB games, but do they have a history or long term support for games? I dont know. Just asking.

Other kinds of games like Marvel Avengers didn't last long, so maybe gamers are thinking if SS bombs the cord will be cut fast.
Oh yeah, totally! But I still feel they'd pull out of a project if it didn't look or feel like it could sustain players or revenue, you know? Or even shorten its support. I know other examples exist, this was just the first one that came to mind. May not have been the best one, lol.

So, WB feels like a mixed bag to me. Some games have gotten some extra content and support over a couple of years. But this will be different because it's a live service, their support on this is a huge question mark at this point AFAIK. I mean, they have a roadmap in place, and they make it sound like there's more to come, but it may not even get to that point much like Avengers and other titles.

Oh yeah, and I can't really blame them. It's just wild because with Avengers a lot of people felt the same way, this is just exponentially larger it feels. But I wouldn't be surprised if it's just because people have already been burned.

Last edited:

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Fail Eli Manning GIF

reektann

I wonder what they mean by complete the game? Did people log in and see the ending cut scene or did loads of achievements pop or something?

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Given how sketchy a lot of games are released, companies got to put more money into QA and programmers who will fix stuff. Lay off focusing budget into too much graphics and cut scene stuff.

How much more money does a vet graphics worker make? Triple what a QA tester makes?

Get rid of 5 graphics people and hire 15 QA.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
And with that glitch giving access to the completed story missions YouTube is rife with spoilers GG Rocksteady
Ah so it basically had all the missions unlocked as if they had been finished - what a mess!
Crazy. I'm no programmer, but how would such a weird glitch like that even happen. Would it be impossible to think that whomever uploaded the game accidentally uploaded an internal version that had everything unlocked?

It reminds of the time I think Ultima 6 or 7 was borked because the discs were messed and missing a key. So weird the final game would be messed like this. So you couldnt progress unless you got a patched disc in the mail.

Last edited:

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Given how sketchy a lot of games are released, companies got to put more money into QA and programmers who will fix stuff. Lay off focusing budget into too much graphics and cut scene stuff.

How much more money does a vet graphics worker make? Triple what a QA tester makes?

Honestly this glitch sounds like some kind of flag that was added to help with QA.

MiguelItUp

It's true. As someone that has being in (and still worked closely with) the QA department for 16 years, I can tell you that they're usually treated with the least respect. While also being paid the least out of every other department. Thankfully over the years some studios treat their QA better, but some studios out there still treat them like minimum wage grind houses.

Honestly this glitch sounds like some kind of flag that was added to help with QA.
Definitely, that's very likely what this was, lol.

Jayjayhd34

When read steam page like week ago it said had dv I'm sure of it.

Could WB be dropping game development after Gotham Knights and this?

If wb gave up every time they had couple of failures they would disappeared long ago.

Last edited:

Puscifer

I mean if Fallout 76 can survive, I won't count this game out just yet.
76 Survives because it's a sandbox with continuously generated content from the developers that's pretty much free and sustained through micro transactions and you can pretty much play it like an endless Bethesda Fallout game.

Last edited:
There's going to be a brutal postmortem of this game, a few months now, especially on what all the cancelled projects could've been, including that Damian Wayne Bats direct sequel to AK.

StereoVsn

I agree. This is why MS is on the ball here by firing QA testers and outsourcing COD QA to cheapest 3rd party bidder.

Basically why care about QA when suckers will still pay $100+ for “early access” anyways?

ultrazilla

Gold Member
So for those out there that "pre-ordered" the game for early access, I'd ask for a full refund at a minimum. What a mess.

Top Bottom