• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad: Early Access Players to receive $20 worth on in-game coins due to server maintance

Draugoth

Gold Member
Suicide-Squad-Kill-The-Justice-League-d-1440x612.jpg

via VGC
Warner Bros. has gifted Suicide Squad early access players $20/£16 of in-game currency, after the game experienced downtime.

The Rocksteady title officially releases on February 2, but those who purchased the $100/£100 Deluxe Edition have been able to play 72 hours early.

Thank you for being one of our first console players during early access of Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League

Rocksteady said in an in-game message sent to Deluxe Edition players.

We recognize that you’ve been patient with us during our initial launch server updates and we’d like to show our appreciation for your patience with a special gift of 2000 LuthorCoins. Thank you again!

In Suicide Squad, 2000 ‘LuthorCoins’ can be purchased for $20/£16. Currently, standard in-game skins are available to purchase for 1000 coins. “Deluxe” and “Legendary” variants of most skins can be purchased for upwards of 2000 LuthorCoins.

Saber

Gold Member
Luthor coins...chessuz christ. This is equivalent to how much Bisollars?

Last edited:
Should have called it ‘Kill the Golden Goose and then molest it for good measure’

Everything is about the value in Luthorcoinz now - even an apology is meaningless.

Last edited:

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent

”Thank you for buying and enjoying our award winning Batman games”

To:

”Have some free not-money you can spend on microstransactions, for buying a game that doesn’t work“

Doesn’t work? What have I been playing then? Am I in a coma?

Getting $20, and I haven’t missed a single second to play when I fired it up. On ps5 I got on at 10PM my time last night to play for 3 hours. Woke up this morning to play for 2 more hours. Then this afternoon got to throw in another 3-4.

Cool they did it. I got extra skins for boomerang with it and got an extra 900 Luthor bucks for down the line.

Arsic

You’re not getting $20. You’re getting some virtual currency to buy meaningless skins 😂
Free is free.

If I wanted those skins of my own volition I would have to give them $20.

I get to look more bad ass in game. Seems like a win for me.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Doesn’t work? What have I been playing then? Am I in a coma?

Getting $20, and I haven’t missed a single second to play when I fired it up. On ps5 I got on at 10PM my time last night to play for 3 hours. Woke up this morning to play for 2 more hours. Then this afternoon got to throw in another 3-4.

Cool they did it. I got extra skins for boomerang with it and got an extra 900 Luthor bucks for down the line.

This thread is literally about Rocksteady having to ‘reward’ players for not being able to play the game.

Great for you that you’ve had no problems, but you seem to be having a problem with the concept that not everyone is you.

Last edited:

Arsic

This thread is literally about Rocksteady having to ‘reward’ players for not being able to play the game.
Which they should. If I was in New Zealand and fired it up to get the auto complete but then servers go down I’d be mad too.

Plus there’s another planned maintenance at 3AM pacific. Again won’t effect me but if it did I’d be sour having paid for early access.

Mr Hyde

Curious to see if it will be an unexpected success or the biggest bomb in video game history. Could swing either way.

LordCBH

If you're going to sell early access to the product, then said product should actually function. I mean fuck they had to take it offline almost immediately because the stupid game was just autocompleting for people.

Top Bottom